Tuesday Reads: Berning It All Down

Bernie bros getting ready to burn it all down

Bernie bros getting ready to burn it all down

Good Afternoon!!

Once again, I’ve been sitting here for hours trying to figure out where to begin a post on what’s happening in the news today. So far May has been so terrible for me personally and for my family that I can barely deal with the insanity that is happening in the world of politics. Has it ever been this bad before? I suppose it has, but somehow this election year seems so tawdry, so ugly, so ridiculous, and so horrifying that it’s hard to find a comparison, at least in my lifetime.

Hillary Clinton, one of the most qualified candidates for POTUS ever, is being forced to deal with two insane old white men who are using lies and conspiracy theories to try to bring her down as well as an irresponsible media full of “journalists” who want nothing more than to see her shamed and brought low. If they could get away with burning her at the stake, I believe they would do it without hesitation. I’m not alone. I found this in my Twitter feed:

It is well past time for Bernie Sanders to drop his vicious attacks on Hillary and the Democratic Party, but it has become clear that he is not going to do it. I’m beginning to believe that he actually wants to help elect Donald Trump so that “the revolution” he (Sanders) has dreamed of all of his life will come to fruition.

Bernie is delusional, and I don’t think the Democrats in DC realize the extent to which he has begun to live in his own fantasy world. I don’t think he is going to stop his attacks, and I would not be at all surprised if he tries running third party. I hope and pray that I’m just catastrophizing because of my own stress level.

656479e72b59c25e8448f59504968eeede5ce6ca5e7b9f43dfc3f70596e46938_1

One of the first things I clicked on this morning was a link on Memeorandum to Cannonfire: A sin against democracy. It’s a rant about what has become of Salon. You need to read the entire post, but here’s an excerpt:

Salon has become something worse than Fox. Comparing the two, I’m reminded of Steve Martin’s great line from Leap of Faith: “Manipulators are sneaky. I’m obvious!” Fox, at least, has the virtue of being obvious.

Here’s the truth: The Clinton Foundation is a charity. Watchdog groups consider it transparent and honest. It does an enormous amount of good. Liars have painted a completely false picture of that Foundation, what it does and how it runs. (They’ve also seeded the internet with utterly bogus stories about how much money actually reaches the needy.)

The attacks on the Clintons Foundation mirror the infamous “swiftboat” attacks on John Kerry’s war record. That, too, was a Republican smear campaign designed to target an opponent’s strength.

If people like Rove, Stone, Atwater — and the writers for Salon — had been around in 1960, they would have found ways to make people believe that JFK had acted abominably in the PT109 affair. I’m not sure how they would have created that impression, but casuistry can achieve miracles.

While you’re at Cannonfire, you can also check out Joseph Cannon’s previous post: 50 reasons why Sanders would lose all 50 states.

dumpster-garbage-fire-gif.0

Yesterday the DNC let Bernie pick five of his supporters to be on the platform committee at the Democratic Convention in July. I’ll give him this much credit: he didn’t name Susan Sarandon or Rosario Dawson.

Sanders’s slate includes James Zogby, a longtime activist for Palestinian rights as well as a DNC member and official. Zogby currently co-chairs the party’s resolutions committee. His inclusion is a sign of Sanders’s plans to push the party’s policy on Israel toward what he has called a more even-handed approach to the Palestinian cause….

Rep. Elijah E. Cummings of Maryland, who will chair the committee, was named by Wasserman Schultz. Most others named by Wasserman Schultz and Clinton are party stalwarts or Clinton supporters — the establishment Sanders has railed against to great effect. Sanders’s picks include people from outside the usual sphere of party influence, including a Native American activist and author and racial justice activist Cornel West….

Sanders also named Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota, among his most prominent elected backers, author and environmental activist Bill McKibben and Native American activist Deborah Parker….

The Clinton campaign’s choices are Wendy Sherman, a former top State Department official and Clinton surrogate; Neera Tanden, president of the Center for American Progress and a longtime Clinton confidante; Rep. Luis V. Gutiérrez of Illinois; Carol Browner, a former director of the White House Office of Energy and Climate Change Policy and former head of the Environmental Protection Agency; Ohio state Rep. Alicia Reece; and Paul Booth of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees union.

2200482009_499603a9e7_b

I wonder if Cornell West will ask for inclusion of a plank containing some of his most outrageous attacks on President Obama? Read examples at the links below.

Cornel West: Obama Is First ‘Niggerized’ Black President, by Karoli Kuns.

The Ghost of Cornel West, by Michael Eric Dyson.

Bernie Sanders should be invisible at this point, but he just won’t stop screaming for attention, and neither will his abhorrent surrogates. Rosario Dawson was in fine form in California yesterday. The Daily Mail:

Actress Rosario Dawson told Bernie Sanders supporters this afternoon that winning the White House is only the beginning of the political revolution.

It’s time for a ‘clean sweep,’ she said.

‘It’s time for us to start looking at everyone down the ballot and go, “Are you really representing us?’ Dawson said at this afternoon at a Sanders rally in East LA. ‘Who are these superdelegates? Who are these Congress people and these senators – are they really with you?’

Dawson told the California crowd, ‘We need to reform, not conform.’ ….

At a rally later in the day for Sanders in Santa Monica she said ‘when they’re telling us that your vote doesn’t matter right now, but on the side they’re talking about party unity, what they’re really telling you’ is to conform….

Dawson intimated this afternoon as she campaigned for the U.S. senator in California ahead of the June 7 primary that the rest of the Democratic Party establishment ought to watch its back, too.

‘We need to vote together. They’re gonna do anything and everything in their power to stop you from doing that,’ she said, ‘to say that it doesn’t matter.’

348B5BD400000578-3605554-image-a-1_1464041219774

Tommy Christopher at Mediaite: Rosario Dawson Thinks Prince’s Ghost Will Help Bernie Win California or Something.

Rosario Dawson, last seen bringing up Monica Lewinsky at a rally in Delaware [is now] somehow connecting a predicted Bernie Sanders win in the California Democratic primary to the birthday of recently-deceased music legend Prince. To cries of “Down with Hillary!”, Dawson explained that Bernie’s appeal to Republicans, Democrats, and independents meant that they were all going to “vote purple,” so,

So actually, I think it’s quite fitting that on June 7, the day that we’re going to win California, that that would’ve been Prince’s birthday.

Bernie is never going to go away. Never.

Meanwhile Donald Trump is doing his darndest to swiftboat Hillary with tired 1990’s attacks on her husband Bill, who is not running for anything. When will the mainstream media start writing about what Trump’s campaign is really about?

download

TPM Muckraker: Great White Hope: Trump Unites Generations Of White Nationalists.

According to Taylor, this year’s conference saw a 100-person jump in attendance from 2015; a show of hands identified half of the participants as first-time attendees and one-third as under the age of 30.

This is the man Bernie Sanders is helping–presumably because he thinks a Trump presidency will trigger a left-wing “political revolution.”

dumpster-fire

More links to explore:

NYT: Kenneth Starr, who tried to bury Clinton, now only praises him.

Business Insider: Bill O’Reilly confronts Donald Trump over Bill Clinton attacks: ‘I’m not sure that’s a good idea.’

NBC News: Obama Hits Highest Job Approval Since Second Inauguration.

Right Wing Watch: Trump ‘Christian Policy’ Adviser Is A ‘Prophet’ Who Stopped A Tsunami, Says AIDS Is Result Of ‘Unnatural Sex.’

TPM: Sanders: It’s ‘Insulting’ For Clinton To Decline Fox News Debate.

Amanda Marcotte: Bernie insults voters: He must drop notion that everyone who disagrees with him is corrupt or a dupe.

Hollywood Reporter: Bernie Sanders’ Campaign Drops Tommy Chong as Intro Speaker Hours Before L.A. Rally.

Dana Millbank: Donald Trump, the welfare king.

What stories are you following today? Please share in the comment thread below.

58 Comments on “Tuesday Reads: Berning It All Down”

I can barely bring myself to write about this, but just so you’ll know why I’ve been so overwhelmed lately, my sister-in-law’s mother was brutally murdered in her home on the night of May 5. I’ve never had someone close to me die violently before. It has been incredibly stressful. This was a kind and generous woman who spent much of her life trying to help other people. Here’s a link to an article about her in the Boston Globe.

Here’s another Globe article about the sick young man who senselessly murdered her.

On top of this tragedy, I am also still struggling with my sinus infection. It just won’t go away. Some days I feel better, and others, like today, I feel awful. I’m seeing my doctor on Friday, and she says I’ll probably have to have another CAT scan to see what’s going on in my sinuses. They are obviously still very inflamed.

So that’s my sad story, sorry to burden you with it; but I think of all of you as friends and wanted to share a bit of what’s going on with me. I’m going to rest for a little while, and I’ll be back later on.

• quixote says:

BB, so sorry to hear that. How utterly awful. Dear God. Like Kingsolver once said, some days all you can do is make sure your hair is combed in the morning. Thanks for writing a post in the middle of all that!

• Riverbird says:

I’m so sorry for your loss, bostonboomer. Two friends of mine knew her and were affected by her death.

• roofingbird says:

There are no words that express the empathy and sympathy felt for you and your family right now, BB. What a horrible thing.

When you have time get your teeth checked.

What about my teeth?

• roofingbird says:

Sometimes sinus infections are related to hidden teeth issues.

• jane says:

I have a lot of sinus problems too, over the years. One thing I know is that antibiotics hardly ever reach the sinuses, and do little to help. Saline spray and a decongestant usually works for me, and I had it so bad recently, I thought I might have to have several teeth pulled or whatever.

Yes, I my teeth were hurting before I took antibiotics too. I wrote about it some time ago. I had already consulted with the dentist back then. I am taking an antihistamine, Flonase twice a day (doctor’s orders), and Mucinex. I use nasal strips to open my nose and I wash my sinuses out twice a day. I don’t think there’s a whole lot more I can do.

• janicen says:

You have been in my thoughts, bb. I just haven’t been commenting much because I’m still struggling to walk again after my surgery. I’m healing but it’s taking so long I’m getting frustrated, and that’s not like me.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to lose a loved one to violence but I know enough to know that, unless you’ve experienced it, you just don’t know. I know you are a brilliant psychologist, but I think it would be helpful if you could talk to someone. Are there support groups or counselors available in your area?

Years ago, I worked with a man whose 13 year old son was shot and killed at a party. I didn’t know the father of the victim very well but I liked him. I attended the funeral and I was bewildered at how affected I was. For days after the funeral I would be working at my desk and just start crying. Fortunately, my boss had the sense to make a grief counselor available to anyone who was interested. I attended one group session and I was amazed at how much it helped. I really didn’t think it would but I went for my boss’s sake because I knew she had to fight to get the company to allow it but it turned out that it was incredibly helpful. I really think it would be helpful to you to talk to a professional who will help you sort through the onslaught of emotions you must be feeling.

I hope you know that even though we have never met, I along with everyone here at the blog, care deeply about you. Take care.

Thanks. I’m sorry your recovery has been difficult, Janice. I hope it gets better soon.

• Sweet Sue says:

Oh my God, how terrible for your family.
      Prayers.

• Fannie says:

I am so sorry for you and your family. My condolences, and hope the family manages to have peace in the end. I hope he lives a slow life of death behind bars.

Hope your sinus infection gets cleared up once and for. Thinking of you, my heart, and my hugs go out to you.

• ANonOMouse says:

Oh BB, I’m sorry to hear about the murder of your family member. It’s very difficult to come to terms with the violent murder of a loved one. We all experience losing people we love to natural causes or accidents, but a brutal murder is tough to accept. I lost a cousin to a violent crime about 30 years ago. She was in her late 30’s at the time. She was robbed and murdered as she returned to her car after a night in Atlantic City gambling with friends. It was devastating to her parents and siblings and a nightmare for the entire family.

• Boo Radly says:

So very sorry for your loss bb. Mouse stated the very real fact that heinous murders are different from death by natural causes. Fifteen years ago my former husband was stabbed 27 times after being stalked by a complete stranger. Our two young adult children had to bear a travesty of a trial which ended in a conviction for capital murder. No comfort or sense of justice just that the criminal can no longer prey on the public. Such a wonderful loving woman – may your family find peace.

Thanks, Mouse. I’m sorry about your cousin. How awful.

Boo Radly,

What a terrible tragedy! I’m so sorry you had to go through that. I can’t even imagine the pain. I appreciate your sharing your experience. At least my brother and sister-in-law will not have to go through I trial. I wish Tyler had just killed himself instead of taking a wonderful, innocent person along with him.

From my a Hillary friend and black man: “Bernie just put a person on our platform committee who regards Donald Trump as an ‘authentic’ brother. A person who regards our nominee as inauthentic compared to Trump. We look to Representative Cummings to keep Cormel West’s notion of ‘authenticity’ out of our platform.”

on this link: https://news.vice.com/article/cornel-west-says-civil-rights-leaders-that-support-hillary-clinton-have-lost-their-way

I still don’t understand that folks can say she’s unlikeable and there’s no excitement and she’s inauthentic. I don’t know any one that’s attended a Hillary event–including me–that doesn’t fight back an impulse to hug her.

• quixote says:

The “inauthentic” nonsense is simply the new dogwhistle. Inauthentic compared to *what*? Does she let West Virginia think she’s pro-coal just for their votes? No, but that would be inauthentic. Can she give real, workable answers to questions about what she plans to do? Yes. Waving her finger and repeating clickbait would be inauthentic. Has she changed her policies to suit her campaign donors? No. Has anybody found her cheating about anything after 30 years of investigations? No.

So she doesn’t lie and she works really hard to do what she says. And given how much of her life she’s worked to help the weakest, she cares about people.

But she’s “inauthentic.” There’s only one thing that applies to. She’s not an authentic male.

That’s all they’re talking about.

BREAKING: Judge orders Bill Cosby to stand trial in 2004 rape case: http://thebea.st/1VgWcrW

Andrea Mitchelle interviewed Barbara Boxer this afternoon on the Bernie Mess. Senator Boxer stood up for Hillary beautifully.
    ANDREA MITCHELL REPORTS 5/24/16
    Sen. Boxer: ‘It is time for us to unite’
    California Senator and Hillary Clinton supporter, Barbara Boxer, discusses the campaign finance allegations against Governor Terry McAuliffe and also comments on Donald Trump’s recent attacks against Bill and Hillary Clinton. She also responds to Clinton’s battle against Bernie Sanders. Duration: 5:10

Asian-Americans Like Clinton, Don’t Like Trump

Ed Kilgore

One of the more surprising exit-poll findings of the 2012 presidential election was that Asian-Americans voted for Barack Obama in higher percentages (73-26) than did Latinos (71-27), despite having (on average) much higher socioeconomic status and less of a pro-Democratic partisan tradition. And that’s why a 2014 exit poll finding that Asian-Americans were divided evenly between the two parties was hotly disputed.

Whatever did and didn’t happen in 2012 and 2014, there’s fresh evidence that the often-forgotten (until California votes!) Asian-American community, which is growing rapidly, is in the current environment tilting pretty strongly away from Donald Trump’s GOP.

A new national survey sponsored by several Asian-American and Pacific Islander advocacy groups shows a recent trend toward affiliation with the Democratic Party, a strong hostility to Trump, and a relatively high level of affection for Hillary Clinton, the most popular in this demographic of the various candidates for president in both parties this cycle.

I can tell you from my universe neither the Japanese side of the family or the Indian side of the family like Trump. They’re all hyper-educated immigrants and they’re horrified.

Now that the Democratic nomination is beyond reach, instead of promoting unity within the Democratic party, Bernie Sanders continues to wage war with the party he claims rigged the election in Hillary Clinton’s favor.

Every time Sanders wins a primary, he celebrates the win as legitimate and well-deserved. When he loses a primary, he insists the loss is due to unfair treatment and a system rigged against him.

In an interview with CNN over the weekend, he pointed out that hundreds of Super Delegates got behind Clinton before others even announced their candidacies. He offered this as proof of her “anointment” by the Establishment. Super Delegates are supposed to base their endorsement on their judgment, experience, and knowledge of the candidates. It’s very telling that people in Congress who worked with both Clinton and Sanders overwhelmingly endorsed Clinton. Sanders failed to mention that even if Super Delegates were eliminated, he would still be losing to Clinton by over 3 million popular votes.

If the Establishment prefers Hillary Clinton and the system is rigged in her favor, how did Obama defeat Clinton in 2008? How can the system be rigged in Clinton’s favor when the system has never opened the door to the Presidency to a single woman? For over 200 years, until Barack Obama’s Presidency, the door was open only to white men. If anyone has a built-in advantage, it’s Bernie Sanders.

7. leefeller says:

A fascinating well written opinion article. May I suggest the biases and inaccuracy’s seem well intended, but nevertheless biased. Completely ignoring what the Progressive side of the equation is about, ignored the issues, the history of Establishment Neo-Liberalism and Noe-Conservationism of the two party system. The US has moved to the right these last 40 years for a reason, our politicians have been bought and sold like prostitutes but without the scruples of prostitutes.
    The Issues Bernie Sanders brought to the for front have been latched up by Hillary, my problem with this, is she pandering, most likely. Maybe some people do not believe the inequality gap has widened these last forty years? Why is Bernie Sanders concept of Universal Medical care unacceptable, I suppose because their is no profit in it, so Hillary has offered to tinker around the edges of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare for those inclined) These are only two thngs Bernie Sanders has brought to our attention, so the no we can’t Democrats Party and the Republican Party of no appear to be connected in more ways than one?
    Bernie Sanders offers an option and as for the Bernie Brothers, I suspect they are conjured by the opposition to discredit Sanders campaign. I have been a Democrat for 40 years and only since Bernie Sanders exposed ugly Establishment Democrat rear end which looks very much like the Establishment Republican rear end.

You can see the dynamics of HIllary’s fight in 1994 to get Universal Medical Care in order to understand the dynamics of that or even back to the days when LBJ and Nixon inkled it. Many Americans distrust government to do things like that. Income inequality has been on every one’s radar for years which is why every one was glad by the reversal of it during the Clinton years. I know many Bernie Bros personally and they’re just assholes. They’re not conjured up. They’re real. The only thing I’ve learned from Bernie is there are really toxic individuals that shouldn’t be given a podium and that there is a sucker born every minute.

Hillary hasn’t “latched” onto Bernie’s ideas. She’s been fighting for the issues she is talking about since she was an undergraduate. Bernie has done nothing but talk. He has been in Congress for 30 years and accomplished almost nothing, because he refuses to work with other people to find solutions.

How would he accomplish his promises? He would have to work with a Congress that is currently dominated by Republicans. He has been part of that Congress for decades, and yet you think he would be able to do something different if he were president?

The people who voted in the Democratic primaries have chosen Hillary, because she is a genuinely caring person with massive amounts of experience and a network of support from the thousands of people she has worked with for so long to actually accomplish good things.

• janicen says:

The concept of universal medical care to which you refer is neither Sanders’ exclusively nor is it viable. People don’t find it unacceptable. The ones who actually think it through realize that dismantling the ACA in favor of a massive overhaul would be prohibitively expensive, meet enormous resistance at every stage, and would take decades to accomplish if it could be done at all. In the the meantime people would suffer and die without healthcare coverage. Incremental advances may not excite throngs of people who are more comfortable with slogans and catch phrases but it is how one accomplishes goals. You don’t decide to run a marathon on the day or even the week before it takes place, you have to put the work in and train 6 days a week for months before you get to cross the finish line.

David Brooks is being a shit again. Don’t read it unless you want to get mad.

9. William says:

BB, I am so sorry to hear about that. It overshadows everything else. I hope that your sinus infection does get better; it seems as if it might be improving at least somewhat.

The people Sanders got on the platform committee are a dreadful group. I don’t know what Sanders’ goal is. Hopefully he loses substantially in CA; he’ll lose in NJ and NM; at that point he will have no argument to make about anything. But of course he’s done serious damage in his scorched earth campaign.

The media is perhaps a bigger problem. They are not journalists, but carnival shills, trying to convince the masses to fork over their money and time to watch the spectacle. One hopes that a few of them still have the decency to try to get the truth out. And then we need enough of the voters to vote for competence and intelligence, not the promise of an ongoing entertainment series. Hillary is aware of all of these themes, and she thinks that she can win and govern. Her strength and courage should serve as an inspiration to everyone who still has a mind and a will to make the right choices.

10. janicen says:

I’m so glad you brought up the contributions the media and journalists are making to the politics of personal destruction. I don’t know if you’ve seen the stories but news has broken here in the Commonwealth of Virginia that Terry McAuliffe is under FBI investigation. The source? CNN. I shit you not, the story broke “CNN is reporting, blah blah blah.” and most of the other media outlets are running with the story actually opening with “CNN is reporting…”

The false allegation is over a campaign contribution from one donor from China. He’s a US citizen, but that’s all one needs to throw some mud. The Governor’s office says they know nothing of any investigation nor have they heard anything from the DOJ or the FBI. But that’s the thing, the DOJ and FBI policy is that they will never confirm nor deny reports of investigations. So all you need is one tainted media outlet (CNN) to say they are investigating and the story catches fire. Of course they are peppering the name Clinton all over the stories. It’s scandalous that this kind of thing can happen and the victims are helpless to defend themselves. Years will go by and people will say, “Wonder what’s going on with that investigation?” which isn’t an investigation at all. Just like the FBI investigating Hillary. And then when nothing happens, the muck rakers will claim that the investigation was shut down. It’s disgusting to see honest people abused like this.

I was so upset when I saw that last night! It seems like another attempt to get at Hillary by attacking one of her strongest supporters. It’s disgusting.

• janicen says:

I fucking hate that they are going after him but I just don’t think it will hurt Hillary. What concerns me is that Ed Gillespie is going to make a run for Governor. McAuliffe can’t run for a second term, his Lt. Gov, Ralph Northam is running. The Republicans are going to spend a fuck ton to get Eddie in because he almost won his Senate race against Mark Warner. It’s going to be a busy couple of years here.

• William says:

The FBI’s motives are very questionable. But just as troubling is the thought that it is pretty obvious that some right-wing groups have connections with certain FBI perople, and are using the agency to go after selected individuals. Probably 90% of elected officials have received a questionable donation or more, but no one goes after them. This is getting to be like the Nixon White House using the FBI and IRS to target “ememies.” But you’ll never hear that story. At times I wonder if we even have a democracy any more. Of course, President Obama appointed Comey to Director, a man who has had a long-standing animosity to the Clintons. Too bad he and his vetters didn’t bother to look into that, or didn’t care.

• janicen says:

I honestly don’t think it’s the FBI. I think it’s CNN. The FBI will neither confirm nor deny the story by policy. Makes it easy enough to plant a story with a less than ethical journalistic organization who will run with it. I don’t think the FBI is wasting its time on this non-story. There is nothing there.

• joanelle says:

that was my firs thought too BB

11. MsMass says:

So sorry for your loss BB. If it’s any consolation, I believe that guy is dead- I live near-ish to the bridge and I don’t think anyone has survived a jump.

I liked your linked tweet about Hillary too- she is taking the heat.

Thanks. I’m sure he’s dead, but I would feel better if they found the body. And we will never know what triggered his horrible act. He had only lived in the building for about 2 weeks.

Four people have survived jumping off that bridge. Pretty amazing. It’s very high.

12. MsMass says:

And here’s an uplifting post to help us Hillary supporters:
    I have to remember his point daily:
    “Hillary knows that you’ve been there for her and that you’ll continue to be there for her. She looks past the vitriol and stays focused on what matters. She relies on her own sense of self. She draws on her inner fortitude. She is disciplined; she knows that love and kindness trump hate and fear. That’s not just a slogan for her — it’s her compass in the storm that always seems to surround her.”

13. joanelle says:

Good grief, BB, “incredibly stressful” seems a bit of an understatement. How awful, know that I am holding you and hoping you find the cause of your sinus infection. Roofingbird’s suggestion of having your teeth checked is a good one, also no dairy, stay away from smokers, allergies???

I felt like I’ve been out of the loop when I heard that Hill’s fees from speaking went to charity. The way they’ve been talking about her fees you’d think she was using them for her campaign or self.

I think their goal is to make the US much like the foreign countries that are rocked by ‘revolutions’ based in violence. BTW isn’t inciting riots against the law? Clearly these two bozos are aiming for that.

It’s nothing to do with my teeth. I’ve had a lot of dental work done recently and just had a cleaning about 2 weeks ago. The dentist and the woman who did the cleaning are well aware of the situation.

I’m seeing a good doctor and she is determined to help me get better. I think the stress is a contributing factor, and the doctor agrees. But I had a CAT scan that showed my sinuses were very inflamed and swollen. It has improved, but it is probably going to take awhile to go away completely.

• Fannie says:

Wow, I remember you talking about your dental work. I had dental surgery on up upper teeth, had lasers surgery, and had a cyst that had to be scooped out, and drained and on the way to the lay. I don’t like all the drugs, and I don’t like fluid diet for 5 days, and rest of the month, soft foods. My face is swollen, and I hope it doesn’t impact my sinuses! My blood pressure has bee a little high, so I need to pay better attention too. Moore than that I didn’t like having to pay up front.

Take good care BB.

• MsMass says:

For what it’s worth- I knew someone with chronic sinusitis who had an operation in Canada- cheaper, I guess- sort of like scraping the insides of the sinuses and she had good results. Just food for thought.

I heard about that operation. It has caused some serious problems for some people. I think I’ll stick with just trying to clear it up over time for now.

• janicen says:

I went through that years ago with my sinuses. It turned out I was allergic to some things in the house. I’m sure the stress is exacerbating things for you.