Late Night Thang Redux

So, I was thinking–which is always dangerous–that if I was one of those people sitting in that town hall meeting on Tuesday Night and I got to ask a few questions what exactly would I ask?

Some of the things I thought about were sort’ve off beat, like Governor Romney, boxers, briefs or magic underwear? Others were more serious like Mr. President, about that kill list, you’re a constitutional lawyer, what’s constructional about that and executing citizens without due process? I mean, really, all you have to do is label some one an ‘enemy combatant’ and anything goes? Then, I’d follow up by pointing to Mitt Romney and ask him if he’d really trust that guy with that same duty.

So, this is an open thread basically, but I’d like to hear some of the questions–serious and otherwise–that you’d like to ask in a town hall setting where anything goes.

Here’s some background music to think by:

Oh, and this deserves a popcorn recipe:

Cinnamon Raisin Popcorn

INGREDIENTS

1 flat-bottomed brown bag
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
1/3 cup raisins
1 tsp. McCormick Saigon cinnamon

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Place popcorn kernels in any flat-bottomed brown bag you have. Fold over twice and tape to secure (tape is optional). Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes – this will vary depending on the microwave. Just make sure to stop when you hear only sporadic pops.

2. Open bag, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with cinnamon and raisins. Divide into four servings and enjoy.

7 Comments on “Late Night Thang Redux”

1. ecocatwoman says:

At the risk of sounding stupid here, I really want to ask Romney if he has ever watched PBS. If so, what was his favorite program. Also, has he ever donated to PBS and/or NPR? And then, after Seamus, have he & Ann ever had any other companion animals? Do any of his sons and their families have any companion animals?

I hope and pray that an audience member will ask Romney about animals at the town hall debate on Tuesday night.

• ecocatwoman says:

Sorry to say that is the MOST unlikely area to be questioned about. At the very least, there might be a possibility that someone asks about turning over mineral rights on federal lands to the states. And hopefully someone will bring up Keystone XL. However, that would hurt both candidates. I feel certain that Obama only held off approving it because of the election.

and like to ask him why he seems to only give to Mormon-related charities and only offers help to other Mormons too … that’s a touchy one

I’d ask Mitt Romney why some of his corporate supporters, including the Koch Brothers, are coercing their employees to donate to his campaign and threatening them with job loss if they don’t vote for him?

• ecocatwoman says:

Chris Hayes discussed this on his show this AM. Koch Bros & the coal mine owner & Siegel in Florida. I’m sure there are more. This should be ILLEGAL, much like sexual harassment. It’s blackmail & mobster/gangster tactics.