DNC Live Blog 3: Roll Call Vote and Aftermath

Here’s a new thread in case y’all want to stick around. I’m going to stay up a little longer myself. The Big Dawg went on a little too long, as usual–but his speech was still incredibly good.

Here we go with the nomination and roll call.

39 Comments on “DNC Live Blog 3: Roll Call Vote and Aftermath”

1. Beata says:

I’m all wore out, as we say in these parts.

2. janicen says:

We are so fortunate to be alive and experience the brilliance of Bill Clinton.

3. RalphB says:

Lord, he’s such a happy warrior! It’s infectious.

I got so fired up listening to Elizabeth Warren, and then Bill Clinton. Wow! What a difference between this convention and last week’s. They were nothing but negative.

• RalphB says:

I loved Bill’s adlibbing about half an hour of that speech. The most effective parts to.

It’s amazing how he has all this stuff in his head and it just flows out. No uh’s or you know’s. He’s just down to earth and it all sounds off-the-cuff.

4. ANonOMouse says:

It was a long speech but an impressive speech. There was no way for Clinton to address all of the LIES told about Obama without cataloging those lies. He did an excellent job, I’d almost forgotten what a powerful and persuasive speaker he is. Bravo Bill

5. Pat Johnson says:

I’m in love all over again with the Big Dawg!

Super speech, hit all the right notes, and according to Rachel he even went off script which again shows his brilliance.

No wonder we love this guy, warts and all!

• janey says:

I’ll take his warts over the warts the republican party would give us!! Despite his failures of the past I see that he loves his wife and went through therapy for her. All repubs want to do is control women.

6. Fannie says:

I shut up and learned from Clinton’s speech……….I’m hung up on him, what a man.

7. Pat Johnson says:

Just a reminder to bb: tomorrow is primary day in MA.

It will be with a great deal of pleasure to cast my vote for Elizabeth Warren.

8. RalphB says:

From Josh Marshall’s blog of Bill’s speech.

10:57 PM: Hard for me even to fathom how much Clinton is relishing this. Like a caged animal let back out for a brief run in the wild.

9. RalphB says:

Also from TPM:

“This convention is done. This will be the moment that probably re-elected Barack Obama.” — Top Republican strategist and CNN yacker Alex Castellanos just after Clinton’s speech.

Ohio puts Obama over the top.

11. Fannie says:

Where’s JJ…………

Th – Th- That’s all Folks.

12. Beata says:

Some people just have “It” like little Shirley, Marilyn Monroe, and Big Dawg. 🙂

‘Night, Sky Dancers.

13. Boo Radly says:

First time I’ve watched any TV news since late 2008 – everyone who spoke was great, I can’t remember all the names, Sandra Fluke, Elizabeth Warren, Mayor – wonderful. But Bill Clinton was extraordinary – even for him. Concise, clear facts – hit almost every major lie from the GOP and did it was grace, humor – loved the – takes some brass…. For me, it was a re-introduction to the party I thought I belonged to for some many years. I realize my country’s future, and my children’s future will be ever so much better if BO is re-elected. No one speaks better to all Americans than WJC – except Hillary Clinton. They both earned and deserve great honor for their service to this country. There was never a chance I would vote for R/R.

That diverse crowd tonite was “my people” – I heard no hate. How refreshing. A GOP pundit said – we have no one who can speak like Bill Clinton –