Live Blog: Fox News Democratic Town Hall

enhanced-buzz-29296-1457325924-11

Hey There, Politics Junkies!

The Fox News Democratic Town Hall begins at 6PM. It looks like it will only last an hour, and if we’re lucky we won’t have to watch a scene like the one depicted above again tonight. The event will be held in Detroit. You can watch the live stream on the Fox News website.

Here are the basics from MichiganLive:

WHAT TIME IS THE TOWN HALL? The hour-long discussion is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. It will re-air at 11 p.m.

WHERE CAN YOU WATCH THE DEBATE?Fox News has not released information on tickets, but the town hall will air live on Fox News and will be live-streamed atFoxNews.com.

WHERE IS THE DEBATE? The town hall is scheduled to take place at the Gem Theatre in Detroit.

WHO WILL MODERATE THE DISCUSSION? Fox News’ chief political anchor Bret Baier will moderate.

WHAT WILL THEY TALK ABOUT? If Sunday’s debate in Flint is any indication, the bailout of the auto industry could be the hot topic Monday night.

The pair also discussed Detroit schools and racial inequity on Sunday.

Clinton and Sanders clashed over whether the Vermont senator supported the federal bailout that saved the auto industry.

I’m not sure if the two will be on stage together or not. If they are, I hope Senator Sanders will be on his best behavior.

Have fun!

58 Comments on “Live Blog: Fox News Democratic Town Hall”

1. William says:

I would not trust any event put on by Fox, which of course is not a news orgainization, but the media propaganda arm of the Republican Party. Thus their primary goal will be to somehow damage Hillary. How they will try to do that may involve “setup questions” from supposed neutral attendees, and the moderators trying to get her to say something that the media can later use against her.

There is a Hillary rally scheduled to be shown on CSPAN tonight, around 7:45 EST.which I will watch. My best hope about this Town Hall is that it gets over quickly.

I agree, but I want to support Hillary by knowing exactly what happens.

• William says:

You always do a great job in covering these things, and that way I can learn about what happened without actually seeing them. Or I tape them, and then wait for them to be vetted for me.

2. janicen says:

Jury awarded Erin Andrews 55 million dollars in her lawsuit. I could not be happier about this.

Bernie being asked about his statement that if you’re white you don’t know what it’s like to be poor. He’s not answering.

Bret Baier lies by claiming SS and Medicare are adding to the national debt.

Hey, did you know that Bernie voted against the war in Iraq?!

Question from Trump supporter who says he thinks Bernie is much more honest than Hillary.

7. janicen says:

I have it on but it’s hard to watch. Every time Bernie gets asked a question I think, “I’d like to hear Hillary answer this, it would be interesting.” Bernie keeps repeating the same talking points again and again.

He just repeated his stump speech and tried to characterize Hillary’s positions in an incredibly passive-aggressive manner. We’ll find out next how she’ll handle it.

And it’s the same damn thing from Bernie and he’s first as usual,King Friday.

9. janicen says:

Doc wants Bernie to explain his healthcare plan and he’s babbling talking points without answering the question.

Let’s see if he can explain how we transition to his healthcare and he hit Hillary again!

11. janicen says:

There’s that Super Pac lie again.

12. janicen says:

Now he’s lying about voter turnout.

13. janicen says:

Ah, so it’s women’s fault that we don’t have pay equity. We have to mobilize and I guess we’ve just been sitting on our butts.

14. ANonOMouse says:

Stump Speech, again!!!

15. ANonOMouse says:

Oh brother the Libya question again.

Glad she’s getting foreign policy questions but he’s basically hitting her with rumors about Libya.

Hillary is doing a terrific job. She patiently explained about the emails, now talking about compromising and working with Republicans.

There’s such a huge difference between the way Hillary talks about Bernie than his mean-spirited claims about her positions. She’s so positive.

19. ANonOMouse says:

She was excellent. Way to go Madam President.

I thought Bret Baier did a good job of letting them speak, unlike Anderson Cooper last night with his constant interrupting.

• ANonOMouse says:

Baier did a very good job. I was pleasantly surprised. I’m glad she decide to go because if she hadn’t Bernie would have had 1 hour of town hall all to himself. She is much more Presidential than Bernie and has a better grasp of everything than Bernie. Can’t wait for this time tomorrow night so we can see the Michigan & Mississippi returns. I hope she thrashes him in both States.

Here’s Bernie’s ridiculous tweet about Selma march. Uses still from the movie instead of photos of the real thing. Is that because he’s mad at John Lewis or what?

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

His tweet wording lacks the looking-forward tone which Lewis’ has. He just emphasizes the brutality. Not even a phrase for a hoped-for future.

22. Sweet Sue says:

The Democratic Party should never have allowed Bernie Sanders (I) to run as one-never.

23. William says:

CNN continues to run, “Clinton answers questions about Libya and her email scandal.” I suppose no one has the intelligence or honesty to pick up a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word? It is by no possible meaning of the word, a scandal. In no way, shape or form, is it a scandal. It is a nothing. Nothing wrong was done. Other Secretaries of State did it. But that does not matter to CNN, because they want to call it a scandal, because it helps their anti-Hillary narrative. And when the whole matter is dropped, they will still call it a scandal. They are repulsive people, these cable news pretend journalists.

I get furious about this — WTH don’t they report that Colin Powell and Condoleeza Rice did the same “scandal” with their email process. I rant on this frequently to people, trying to spread the word. A real journalist would report the non-scandal reality of this trumped-up issue.

• Joanelle says:

Yes, we need to get that point out louder and clearer, because many people don’t know about Powell and Rice or they respond that “they didn’t have a server, only thier personal email was used.

And people don’t seem to know the difference between ‘confidential’ and ‘top secret’

I was wondering what deity decided to play this weird election year joke on the American people. The rest of the world thinks we’ve gone totally buy bonkers.

We’ve got our crazy grandpa and fringe uncle Donnie fighting over who gets to totally screw things up, worse than they are.

• ANonOMouse says:

or they respond that “they didn’t have a server, only thier personal email was used.”

Which is actually a much worse scenario because that means the emails were kept on an Internet Provider Server like AT&T, Charter, etc. All of those servers would be much more vulnerable to hacking. I know the implication from the people you talk to is personal server must mean “something to hide”, but in fact it means nothing of the sort. The Clintons had that server for personal use before she was SOS. Big deal

24. ANonOMouse says:

MORE GOOD POLLING NEWS FOR HILLARY

Florida Dem Presidential Primary Bay News – Clinton 61, Sanders 30 Clinton +31

Illinois Dem Presidential Primary Chicago Tribune – Clinton 67, Sanders 25 Clinton +42

Yeah. It voiced the same concerns and I have and it’s another data filled example of his tricks and inability to process anything but his thing.