Nancy Lack

This is just awful.

Nancy Lack, 80, was driving by the post office on Main Street in Hebron, when she saw some signs showing President Barack Obama with a mustache similar to the one worn by Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

Lack said she was so offended by the images that she took the posters down.

“I just got very angry that they would do that to [President] Obama’s image,” Lack said.

The posters belonged to LaRouchePac. Ms. Lack is charged with sixth-degree larceny and breach of peace could be jailed for three months.

“I guess I deserved it. I stole the posters,” said Lack.

While Lack said she didn’t expect to be arrested, she remains defiant and stands by tearing down the posters because of what they represent.

“My generation went through the Second World War, and Nazism is about the worst there can be,” said Lack.

Feel free to use this as an open thread.

49 Comments on “Eighty-Year-Old Woman Arrested for Removing Posters of Obama With Hitler Mustache”

How can Lyndon LaRouche still be alive? He was running for president when I was a kid.

• This is so sad, and then you have these CEOs stealing millions and getting away with it.

• roofingbird says:

Ah yes, Hubby didn’t know who he was and actually talked to a canvasser, with the result that for the last 6 years he have been getting regular and annoying calls. I thought he was old enough to know better but I guess sometimes you just have to stick your finger in that light socket.

• roofingbird says:

Actually, I think this is kind of uplifting. Its a quintessential act of protest with the gumption to acknowledge and stand up for your actions.

Like the Gray Panther’s Maggie Kuhn said, “Old age is an excellent time for outrage…”

2. pdgrey says:

This is the story that made me say this below. “I don’t think I will come out of this election sane”.

3. RalphB says:

LaRouche and his followers make even the Paulbots look kind of good.

• surfric says:

You know, in Germany it would be the ones who put up such a poster being arrested and going to jail. They take their Holocaust jokes pretty seriously over there.

4. HT says:

Good grief. An elderly woman sees a poster that she believes disrespects the sitting President of the U.S. and she is charged? What the heck? That is truly unbelievable. And one other thing, I don’t think that in all the years I’ve been watching the U.S. elections that I have ever seen this level of disrespect of the office. It’s bizarre.

Well, there were pictures of Dubya as a chimpanzee and he was compared to Hitler and the Antichrist too. But no one accused him of being born in a foreign country.

5. pdgrey says:

BB, this line in that Charles Pierce article on Scott Brown is LOL! (From your link below.

There is shooting yourself in the foot. Then, there is shooting yourself in the foot, cutting off the foot, placing it upon your head, and then shooting yourself in the foot and in the head simultaneously.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/scott-brown-asbestos-ad-13853238#ixzz29hzFbPHR

6. Wow BB you have been busy today. Just got back from game, away this time and damn…we lost 21 to 23. Thank you for putting this post up. I had no clue what was going on this evening. (I think I’ll take the night off tonight.) I am beat.

7. Fannie says:

pdgrey, none of will, the whole of election is mired in hate. Our citizens, the politicans, t.v. shows, images posted everywhere to remind you of the hatred. It’s becoming a culture, and people are suffering from it mentally, just ask JJ. Hell, I am becoming so freaking angry myself. It’s a never ending attack, attack, in your community, on your computer, and at your dinning room table, and even at the check out stand, and like she said at or near her post office. I don’t blame Nancy, I’d done the same thing, cause she knows that the image is one of hate, and they are promoting the death of our President, in order that they can gain power. The bible, the prophets, the politicians, the news media is telling them so, and like skydancers, we go to battle and take a stand. We know danger when we see and hear it, and like Nancy we are sick and tired of them making our President out to the enemy, out to be Hilter. She reacting by removing the posters, because she saw the danger. It stirs up her memory, and she relives the injury and the pain, and the hate. And what does she have to loose, she’s 80 years old, for pete sake sending her to jail will solve nothing. I’ll gladly donate to her cause.

8. pdgrey says:

Holy Moley, Lawrence O’Donnell just put a throw down on Tag Romney. Well that’s two people today who were challenged to fist-a-cuffs! First was Charles Pierce, damn what a day.

9. Wow there have been some great discussions today!

• ecocatwoman says:

I’m shocked, shocked I say! And it’s such a highly respected paper. Actually, it’s a piece of crap paper that I haven’t read in years. This town is still primarily Republican, not the Florida cracker Repugs it was when I moved here in 1968, but the nouveau rich/athlete types living in their McMansions in Isleworth – basketball players, that Siegel idiot, Rich DeVos (of Amway fame), Tiger Woods, Arnold Palmer.

10. Eric Pleim says:

I remember D’Souza and his paper that made news at Dartmouth. He was a punk then, and has continued in that role. He is a rabid right wing weasel with a perverted worldview.

• surfric says:

I may have missed it if it was already discussed here, but did you all hear that Scott Brown said the mesothelioma people in Warren’s ads were paid actors! One lady who lost her husband was not amused. This one should finally bring him down if there’s any justice.

• RalphB says:

Charles Pierce has a nice post on that at his esquire blog.

• Eric Pleim says:

Thanks Ralph. Charlie nails it as usual. Now all Warren needs to do is get that woman who lost her husband back in a new ad, and have her give her reaction to this latest Brown outrage. Game over.

• janey says:

That was on 60 minutes quite a while back. When they showed the big piles of dirt blocking homes and their views, you could not see any actual building going on, only acres of land scraped of topsoil to make these huge barricades right next to houses. Personally, I was wondering if Trump was actually going to build something or did he just want to run all the people out of the area so he could have it all to himself.

• sallijane says:

I am sure he wants an ego-gratifying extravagant golf course. I am really looking forward to seeing the film and hosting a screening or two. My hometown got very lucky when Mr. Trump went bankrupt while he was trying to get approval for a 13-story mixed-use complex at our main highway intersection—a town with 3-story-maximum zoning: the tallest building in town was a bank/office building, 3 stories in front, 5 stories in back, with the parking lot in the back being below the grade of the front—kind of like houses with walkout basements. It would have cast a shadow for an absurd distance—the only building that high for probably 10 miles around, or more. Bankruptcy could not have been better timed!