Saturday Night Open Thread

Just a few suggestions to while away a hot summer Saturday Night.

Suggested Music:

Suggested Late Night Snack:

Ingredients

• 16 ounces Cold Water
  • 1 ounce Orange Blossom Water
  • 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
  • Honey or your favorite natural sweetener to taste
    Stir well all ingredients in a bowl.
    Place cut up slices of fruit into your molds then pour mixture into the molds. Freeze.

Suggested Late Night Drink:

Pomegranate Martini recipe

2 oz citrus vodka
Squeeze of  fresh Lime juice
1/4 oz fresh pomegranate juice
1 oz Cointreau

Suggested Read:

Product Details

Suggested Watch:

So what’s on your Summer Decadence List?

18 Comments on “Saturday Night Open Thread”

1. Oh, that image of Key Largo is making me go watch it right now!

I’ve been reading a mystery all day long.

3. janicen says:

I made crab ceviche this morning so I wouldn’t have to turn on the stove/oven or stand in front of a hot grill. It’s hard to describe how hot it felt outside today. Right now it’s cooled of to 83 here but then again it is after 11:00 pm!

I have this salad I like to make when it’s really hot. It’s very cooling. In fact I’m going to go get the ingredients tomorrow. I don’t measure amounts or anything.

Slice up an English cucumber, a red onion, and as many tomatoes as you like. I usually use a container of grape tomatoes, sometimes even two containers. Add some chopped or crumbled feta cheese and Greek olives. Use enough dressing to coat everything, not too much. I use Greek dressing. You can also add a green or red pepper if you want. This lasts me a few days. The English cucumbers will stay crisp for quite awhile.

You can’t believe how good this tastes on a hot day!

That sounds wonderful … I’m going to try that!!!

It is really good. And you can make a meal of it or have something else on the side.

• Yeah that sounds good, I made big Greek salads yesterday for dinner, complete with the potato salad tucked under the lettuce.

There is a cucumber recipe used here in Banjoville that is quite refreshing on a hot day. Take some cucumbers chopped, ripe tomatoes chopped, and thinly sliced onions put them in a bowl…do not use a stainless steel bowl! A corning ware one will be perfect. Pore sugar and white vinegar to taste…I usually put enough vinegar to just cover the cukes, tomatoes and onions…it should be sweet and tangy. Let that sit for at least a few hours, overnight is best so the sugar dissolves. Stir it once in a while it is sitting to mix the flavors.

• janicen says:

Same with the ceviche, use only a glass bowl. No metal or plastic otherwise the seafood won’t be cooked by the citrus.

I’d like to try making those fruit popsicles!

6. northwestrain says:

Gee — I’m glad I live in the Puget Sound. It was warm today but now it’s 56 outside. Sunny and the bluest of bluest skies today. Fantastic day.

Someone is 3 days off with their fireworks. Sounds like warfare out somewhere.

My drink — Trader Joe’s lemon mineral water. Can’t have any of the fruit stuff — looks good though. Oh gosh — I might have a rum on the rocks with some lime. Mt. Gay rum — nothing but the best.