I saw this video this morning, and I wasn’t sure. But this recording clearer than the one I heard earlier. I really think Santorum started to say “government ni**er” and then caught himself.

Remember this?

And here’s something else I found on-line about that phrase. I also found a reference to the phrase on a racist website that I don’t want to link to.

What do you think?

26 Comments on “Late Night Open Thread: Did Rick Santorum Almost Use the “N” Word While Referring to Obama?”

It sure sounds like he inkled it …I can’t figure else what other word coulda fit in there.

2. Fannie says:

I expect an apology from him…………..he is so very dangerous for this country.

He’ll have some bizarre explanation–like when he claimed he really said “blah people” instead of “black people” in the second video.

• janicen says:

That’s what I was thinking. If he got away with that one, he’ll get away with this one. It sure sounded like that’s what he almost said. I can’t think of another word to plug in.

• jmacwa says:

I believe the word the faimly is looking for is niggler.

What other words begin with the sound “nig?”

4. RalphB says:

Here’s another case, this time a guy blown away for accidentally triggering a medical alert. It’s a hell of a mess when you may be better off just going with a heart attack.

“Killed at Home: White Plains, NY Police Called Out on Medical Alert Shoot Dead Black Veteran, 68”

Something is freakin’ wrong in this country. Are the cops on drugs or steroids such that they can’t handle themselves in any kind of tense situation anymore?

5. freespirit says:

“The entire freaky family will have to spend all night with a dictionary to find some kind of word.”

What an image! lmao

They are really freaky. Those kids look like they’ve been brainwashed. They all have the Michelle Bachmann eyes.

6. BB — he said exactly what you think he said. I’ve been all over the US — and that word is very clear no matter what dialect spoken. Santorium’s way of grouping words and the way he rapidly said the rude/racist word — tells me that he is a hater. He self censored — the abrupt way his rhythm stopped until he could lock into his script.

I’ve known a lot of people from Pennsylvania and not one would ever trash. talk like Santorium. Apparently he is ignorant of Pennsylvania Quaker history.

Santorium is a hater — a mass hater.

0bama grew up in a white culture in Hawaii. Rational people know this & Santorium isn’t rational.

7. ANonOMouse says:

Maybe he was going to say “The anti-war, government knickabocker” or “the anti-war, government nickelodeon”.

• ANonOMouse says:

or maybe, “the anti-war, government knick-knack” or “the anti-war, government knickers”?

Of course he’s denying now, but I can’t find any word that works there and I think there’s been a racial undertone throughout the GOP primary especially from Gingrich and Sanitarium, and Mr.Paul has had dirt on his hands in that regard for a couple of decades. I just think Little Ricky got wrapped up in the applause generated by his rant and ALMOST said what he was thinking.

8. janicen says:

Thanks for the link to the tumblr comment, bb. Now it makes sense. Government nig… is exactly what he was saying. Geez, you know that there are people out there who think and even talk this way, but you would never expect to find them running for President!

9. janicen says:

Where the hell was he speaking, a comedy club? Was it open mic night?