Tuesday Open Thread

Good Morning!!

I can’t write a post, because my eyes are very irritated from allergies this morning and it’s difficult for me to see on the computer. It’s frustrating, because today is an important news day. It turns out that Trump had hundreds of highly classied documents squireled away at Mar-a-Lago. Who knows what secrets he gave away to Putin or other foreign enemies?

Please post freely in the comment thread on this and any other topic that interests you. I will check in later on my tablet.

Have a nice Tuesday.

32 Comments on “Tuesday Open Thread”

1. jslat says:

also this…

2. BB, please take care babe…

Here are some things:

Please help us down here in Georgia…

Have a good day…

Every time Trump opens his mouth, he lies.

Thanks jslat and JJ!

Hope you’re eyes improve! I took a very hot shower this morning and packed many towels in my arms. They don’t itch. I will have to try the same with my upper back if I can reach it!

Long, interesting thread:

“Gender fluidity” = Personality.

They’re protesting against common sense!

I read the excerpted proposed guidelines in Monacelli’s tweet. Basically it says that for grades 1-5 they wouldn’t teach that:
      1) Biological sex is not a biological reality
      2) Gender (no definition given) is an internal subjective feeling or preference
      3) Biological sex should be changed to match an internal subjective feeling or preference of “gender”

Materials about the above are available to students with parental consent. Children and teachers will be referred to as the biological sex they are.

What is so bloody awful about this?
      Biological sex is real, binary and can’t be changed. Subjective feelings do not equal reality. Parental consent is required for some materials in school (probably school libraries). Demanding others use certain pronouns for a certain person in defiance of reality is compelled speech.
      I hope they ensure girls have a girls-only bathroom for their privacy and dignity.

Nothing in there stops a boy from wearing skirts, nail polish, and taking Home Ec, or girls from wearing short hair, pants, and taking Woodshop.

Dear pronoun people: Reality is not hate speech nor transphobic. Sorry about that.

• quixote says:

Feminists have no use for gender. We’d rather everybody just grow into who they are. So far so good.

Repubs are pushing their points to keep people confined to one of two gender boxes dictated by sex. They’re not pro-women (they’ve made that pretty clear!). They’re anti-trans. They’re even against trans civil rights like non-discrimination in housing, jobs, marriage, which is seriously obnoxious.

I think most people are actually in the feminist corner, but they feel the label is covered in cooties so they go for the much cooler supposedly pro-trans viewpoint.

What they’re really protesting is Repub straitjackets, but since some of the Repub points are true (stopped clock, twice a day, biological sex really does exist, duh, etc, etc) they wind up protesting common sense. So the whole thing is a mess.

Yep. Trans people deserve non-discrimination in housing, jobs, marriage, etc., as long as it doesn’t conflict with women’s rights to same-sex bathrooms, changing rooms, and sports.

Republicans think sex determines gendered behavior and dress.
          Leftist M/TRAs think gendered behavior and dress determines sex.
          Feminists think you’re fine just the way you are.

10. VA in SC says:

Politico is reporting more than 700 pgs.of stolen documents ( sorry don’t know how to embed) and each day the document story is worse. What category or ” buckets ” do the documents fall into? The nuclear was one,but,I suspect Ukraine maybe one,that willcircle back to 2016 and Mueller’s interrupted investigation. And Barr’s cover up.

4 Reasons Why We Elect Narcissists and Sociopaths | Psychology Today
    psychology

BB, sorry to hear about your allergies. How frustrating to not be able to read well! I hope the allergies go away soon.

Thanks Luna. I tend to have watery, itchy eyes in ragweed season. But I’m having more difficulty reading on the computer generally. I guess it’s old age.

16. quixote says:

Hope you feel better soon, bb!