Friday Morning and the planet exists for the moment

steve-bannon-cartoon-sackWell, I’m awake.  I’m still grading and want it over.

I want everything about Donald Trump over too.  I can only wish the worst on every Trump voter and supporter on the planet. There cannot be ONE thing about them at this point that’s redeeming for having done that deed.  Just that act removes them from humanity permanently.

I only have a few stories today because they sort’ve say it all.

This story from the Los Angeles Times shows that we now have no moral authority anywhere any more. Texas is once again the epicenter of man’s inhumanity to man.

A critically ill woman from El Salvador who was awaiting emergency surgery for a brain tumor was forcibly moved from a Texas hospital to a detention center by federal agents, raising concerns about President Trump’s directive to more aggressively pursue people living in the country illegally …

Sara Beltran-Hernandez, 26, a mother of two young children, was bound by her hands and feet and removed by a wheelchair belonging to wheelchair rental services in San Diego from Huguley Hospital in Fort Worth by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents who brought her to a detention facility in Alvarado, Texas.

Appearing at a gathering of conservative activists alongside Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, Bannon dismissed the idea that Trump might moderate his positions or seek consensus with political opponents. Rather, he said, the White House is digging in for a long period of conflict to transform Washington and upend the world order.
“If you think they’re going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken,” Bannon said in reference to the media and opposition forces. “Every day, it is going to be a fight.”
He continued, “And that is what I’m proudest about Donald Trump. All the opportunities he had to waver off this, all the people who have come to him and said, ‘Oh, you’ve got to moderate’ — every day in the Oval Office, he tells Reince and I, ‘I committed this to the American people, I promised this when I ran, and I’m going to deliver on this.’ ”

He’s really going to start an arms race at the rate he’s going.  Oh, and CPAC has gotten worse if that’s possible but you can discuss that downthread.  I’ve had all I can take for today already.

President Donald Trump has expressed concern that the United States has “fallen behind” in its nuclear weapons capacity and that he would like to restore its supremacy.

In an interview with the Reuters news agency, Trump said he would prefer a world free of nuclear weapons but otherwise the United States should be “at the top of the pack.”

The remarks came as Trump prepares to address the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) on Friday. Trump takes top billing at the conference a day after his key advisers, chief strategist Steve Bannon and chief of staff Reince Priebus, appeared on the CPAC stage to discuss Trump’s agenda and rail against the media.

I am staying away from the TV definitely today unless it involves a huge disaster that kills every one at that meeting.
Stay close to the people and things that have meaning for you.  For me, that includes our merry band of sky dancers who hang here with us during the worst of times and the best.
16938452_10206779060154601_6080281991587060581_n
What’s on your reading and blogging list today?
Advertisements

43 Comments on “Friday Morning and the planet exists for the moment”

1. roofingbird says:

Yeah.

I have no words adequate to the dispicabilty of deliberately causing what might be the death of a woman with a brain tumor. depending on the tumor’s location, her mentation about the whole event might increase the torture.

It’s horrendous. Trump is a monster.

• Enheduanna says:

And yet I am sure there are tRump supporters who feel she deserves this. We are literally watching the beginnings of an ethnic “cleansing” of our country and a huge portion of us think that’s just fine. My mother and brother are among them. Probably most of my mother’s relatives, too.

The lack of compassion is appalling. All of us came here from somewhere else. It’s only a matter of how many generations.

• Fannie says:

This man preaches and practices terrorism. He’s straight out of the Klandom. Several years ago, Beata and I both talked about our tumors. Having had a stroke, I am lucky, I am told by the doctors, that I am lucky. I am beside myself just seeing RED when a patient is plucked from her hospital bed, and shipped out on her own. I hate Trump more than any man that walks this earth.

2. Pat Johnson says:

Everything that has been done so far is disturbing but for me the most disturbing of all is lifting the regulations that govern our food, water and fresh air. It won’t much matter when we run out of all three because we cannot survive without any of them. Life as we know it will be doomed if we cannot drink the water (remember Flint?), breathe the air, or trust what we are eating because of toxins that have been infiltrating the soil.

This act was wholly unneeded. Trump is merely acting on behalf of corporations and not in favor of the public at large. Allowing corporations to poison the water by lifting regulations is criminal. This man is a danger to the globe at large.

I don’t know how we survive this. Arctic drilling will do more harm to the environment worldwide but that is the overall goal. Yet the majority GOP just sits there. Everybody involved is looking to become even richer at the expense of the rest of us.

The man is crazy. But those allowing him to get away with what he is doing must share the blame that these horrendous policies that go unchecked.

3. Mary Luke says:

I don’t comment often but I’m so grateful you are all here. Also avoiding CPAC news as much as I can.

en photographs recently emerged showing Sebastian Gorka, President Donald Trump’s high-profile deputy assistant, wearing a medal associated with the Nazi collaborationist regime that ruled Hungary during World War II, the controversial security strategist was unapologetic.

“I’m a proud American now and I wear that medal now and again,” Gorka told Breitbart News. Gorka, 46, who was born in Britain to Hungarian parents and is now an American citizen, asked rhetorically, “Why? To remind myself of where I came from, what my parents suffered under both the Nazis and the Communists, and to help me in my work today.”

But an investigation by the Forward into Gorka’s activities from 2002 to 2007, while he was active in Hungarian politics and journalism, found that he had close ties then to Hungarian far-right circles, and has in the past chosen to work with openly racist and anti-Semitic groups and public figures.

Gorka’s involvement with the far right includes co-founding a political party with former prominent members of Jobbik, a political party with a well-known history of anti-Semitism; repeatedly publishing articles in a newspaper known for its anti-Semitic and racist content; and attending events with some of Hungary’s most notorious extreme-right figures.

• Fannie says:

Torture and murder, and carrying out more of the same, on a mass scale. Trump is getting private prisons ready, we will now have Orange Camps.

I say we deport the shooter back to his ancestors’ country and dump him in a prison at the time of Charles Dickens.

5. Delphyne49 says:

RBG speaks…

“Allowed”?

• catscatscats says:

That’s our girl, God I miss her. Could have done without the hat tip to the Obamas, Brazile and the DNC. They did zip for down ticket dems and nothing to counteract voter suppression and gerrymandering. As far as I am concerned, they are responsible for the destruction of the party starting before the 2008 election and ending with the Sanders toxic waste disposal on our party in 2015-16.

Whereas Hillary always thinks about helping the party. Sometimes she’s a little too loyal that way IMO. Voter suppression and redistricting did so much damage.

I look at pics of Obama on his vacation and think “that’s the man who picked Comey.” When he gets done with his vacation he’d better work damn hard to help undo what he let happen.

• Fannie says:

Hillary Clinton, didn’t invent this fucking mess. The mofo Steve Bannon, and all his whiteness gave us this crap. There orders are specific, bring down the institutions of this country, destroy our democratic system, and establish the SS, and KGB!

12. Sweet Sue says:

I’m right there with you, Dak.
    Every time I see a regular joe Trump supporter, I think “I hope you lose your shirt.”
    I’m afraid I’m becoming a bit deplorable myself.

• Enheduanna says:

SNL will have to show that cage at the White House briefing all filled up! They just had a CNN reporter in there the first time. hahahahaha

14. Fannie says:

What in the fuck is going on? Who in the hell do they think they are to exclude the news media? A couple days ago Bannon said that relations with the media was going to get worst. Today has arrived, and removing the media is not a solution to his fucking problem.

• palhart says:

The ousted news outlets can still get the news from leakers and other reporters. trump, his staff, and Spicer lie and are a waste of my time. I mute trump and the rest now. I’m aware that the press has a constitutional right to write and broadcast the news, but I’d like for them to fight back. If only a few would not spend so much time with trump’s useless appearances and publish more investigative reporting and coverage.

• palhart says:

The New York Times is running an ad on truth Oscar night.

15. janicen says:

Apropos of nothing at all, we’ve been watching the Jeopardy College Tournament the past couple of weeks and none, NONE of the students who made the final round are white men. The students are women or men of color, no white dudes. It might point to one of the reasons white men are so insecure these days.

16. Mary Brown says:

This is what made me laugh out loud today; “I am staying away from the TV definitely today unless it involves a huge disaster that kills every one at that meeting” Oh, and the guy at CPAC who said the protesters are getting $1500/wk. You’d think some of those down-and-outers in the Rust Belt would show up, no?

Another outrage. What the hell is rape but “penetration by a foreign object”? As for the racism, how much more obvious could it get?

Idaho judge rules attack on high school football player was ‘not a rape’ or racist.

An Idaho judge has sentenced a white former high school football player to just 300 hours of community service with probation for his part in an attack on a developmentally disabled African American team-mate, insisting the case had been wrongly portrayed by the media as racially or sexually motivated. In a series of extraordinary remarks, district judge Randy J Stoker on Friday accused the press and the public for misrepresenting what happened in a rural Idaho high school locker room on 22 October 2015, lamenting “people from the east coast have no idea what this case is about”. …

The victim’s family, who are bringing a civil case, allege he was subject to sustained racist abuse and bullying in the months leading up to the incident, which involved the insertion of a coat hanger in his rectum. However Stoker was insistent the case, which has prompted nearly 150,000 people to sign change.org petition to have the judge removed from the bench in Idaho, had been misconstrued.

“This is not a rape case,” said an emphatic Stoker. “This is not a sex case. This started out as penetration with a foreign object … Whatever happened in that locker room was not sexual. It wasn’t appropriate. There’s nothing in this record that supports anything close to the sexual allegation against this young man.” “In my view, this is not a case about racial bias,” the judge continued, addressing the pale young man at the defense table. “If I thought that you had committed this offense for racial purposes, you would go straight to the Idaho penitentiary.” According to the civil lawsuit filed by the victim’s family, their son had been the focus of long-term racial bullying and abuse. Howard [the attacker] taught him a song that glorified anal rape and the KKK, and members of the football team called him slurs including “nigger”, “chicken eater”, “watermelon” and “Kool-Aid”.

But on Friday, Stoker brushed aside those assertions. The victim “was not targeted, which dispels in my view any claim of a racial incident”, Stoker said. “Another individual who was involved said [the victim] was called ‘fried chicken’ because [he] said it was his favorite food … I don’t think it’s a racial slur.”

• Enheduanna says:

The judge says:

“people from the east coast have no idea what this case is about”

Um yeah we do yer onner.