Morning After Open Thread

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton (R) shakes hands with Republican nominee Donald Trump during the first presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York on September 26, 2016. / AFP / Paul J. Richards (Photo credit should read PAUL J. RICHARDS/AFP/Getty Images)

Good Morning!!

I’m going to put up a quick open thread, because the one from last night is getting very long. I’m also very tired, because I didn’t get to sleep until around 3AM. So here are a few of the things I’m finding this morning.

Howard Dean said what many of us were thinking about Donald Trump’s sniffing last night.

NBC News: Howard Dean: Is Donald Trump a ‘Coke User’?

Washington Post: Howard Dean has a theory about why Donald Trump sniffled 37 times during the debate.

Toward the end of the debate, Hillary confronted Donald on his history of offensive remarks about women. She mentioned a former Miss Universe, Alicia Machado whom Trump publicly humiliated because she gained some weight. This morning, he doubled down on his criticism of her on Fox and Friends.

Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign posted this ad.

Trump must have known how badly he performed last night, because he went the spin room himself–most candidates leave that to their staff and surrogates.

Some reactions from this morning:

PPP Polling: Voters Nationally Say Clinton Won Debate 51/40.

CNN: Post-debate poll: Hillary Clinton takes round one.Wash

Washington Post: Trump says he may hit ‘harder’ in next debate; Clinton hammers back with web spot.

New Yorker: DONALD TRUMP, A FAILED BULLY IN HIS DEBATE WITH CLINTON.

The Guardian: Hillary Clinton stays calm while Trump loses cool during first presidential debate.

Washington Post: Donald Trump said Hillary Clinton lacked stamina. But guess who wilted in the debate?

Please add your own links in the comment thread. I’ll be back after I grab some coffee.

38 Comments on “Morning After Open Thread”

What are you hearing/reading this morning? Have at it!

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Hillary is now being criticized for smiling too much!

There Is Literally No Facial Expression Hillary Clinton Can Make to Please Male Pundits.

• Ron4 says:

Ain’t that the truth.

I have been saying since 2008 that if Hills cured cancer there is a portion of the country that would say who told that b!tch to stick her big fat nose into other people ‘s business.

They can’t stand to see a woman who can do anything she sets out to do.

5. Jslat says:

Please excuse this repost from this am on last thread.

This morning I think that Lester Holt’s sitting back ACTUALLY benefited our Hillary. She didn’t need anyone’s help. She was calm, strong and PRESIDENTIAL. She handled it beautifully. Again, I am proud to support her.

Holt asked the birther question and the tax questions and the why doesn’t HIllary look presidential question. I thought those were all germane and great. Trump screwed up all three of the responses.

The Hillary shimmy GIF that’s perfect for when you’re winning at life

8. Fannie says:

Yup, there was little bit blondie (Kellyanne Conway) on Morning Joe this morning saying that Hillary Clinton didn’t land a punch out. I’m not going to post it, because Mika decided Hillary Clinton should have done better!

I just want to repeat what I said last night: Hillary Clinton did have a knock out, and it landed during her closing statement! Words matter, and her reassurances to the world matter.

9. Ron4Hills says:

I think Trump owes an apology to the Fat Hackers of America. Trump dragged them into this to deflect from his bromance buddy and it is wrong.

//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

• quixote says:

Just as general info, it’s trivially easy to use a vpn to mask your actual location and make it look like another country. If there were actual Putin people involved in this, they’d be sure to make it look like the origin was in Boston or something.

If I had to guess (in which case it’s a complete amateur’s guess!) I’d say somebody farmed this job out to some tenth rate hackers who didn’t think they were being paid enough to do elaborate handiwork with foreign vpns.

Possibly, if Donald “my son is good at the cyber” Drumpf hired them, they didn’t get paid at all.

@davebernstein @DustinGiebel DNC hacks linked to Russian gov, Putin’s trolls all over twitter. “Coincidences”… 🤔 https://t.co/BKDryrhCoX