Late Night Open Thread: Ann Romney Worries About Mitt’s “Mental Well Being”

Ann Romney being interviewed by Wendy Damonte of KTVN, Reno, Nevada

I thought the Romney campaign had decided to give Ann Romney a time out after her meltdown last week in which she snapped at a radio interviewer:

“Stop it. This is hard. You want to try it? Get in the ring,” she said. “This is hard and, you know, it’s an important thing that we’re doing right now and it’s an important election and it is time for all Americans to realize how significant this election is and how lucky we are to have someone with Mitt’s qualifications and experience and know-how to be able to have the opportunity to run this country.”…

…“It’s nonsense and the chattering class…you hear it and then you just let it go right by,” she told Radio Iowa. “…Honestly, at this point, I’m not surprised by anything.”

But this latest one could be even more damaging. Today Ann told an interviewer that she is worried about her husband’s “mental well being.”

Here’s Ann Romney’s full quote (video at the link)

“I think my biggest worry would be for his mental well being. I have all the confidence in the world of his ability, his decisiveness, his leadership skills, his understand of the economy, his understanding of what’s missing right now. The pieces that are missing to get the jump started. So for me I think it would be the emotional part of it.”

WTF?! Is Mitt on the verge of a nervous breakdown or something? Is there something more we need to know? This man is running to be President of the U.S., Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, with control over nuclear weapons.

Honestly, I don’t know what to think about this. Mitt Romney faces his first presidential debate against President Barack Obama next Wednesday. Does Ann really think she’s helping?

18 Comments on “Late Night Open Thread: Ann Romney Worries About Mitt’s “Mental Well Being””

Seriously, I think it might be time for Ann to take some time off.

• janicen says:

Neither Ann nor Mitt are prepared or equipped to handle campaigning at the presidential level. What a soundbite!

• Wow, and to think…the Romney supporters cringe when he speaks…now they have Ann too. Well, she has been sticking her foot in it for a while now. Those people come to mind.

Fox News was following one of those stupid car chases and ended up filming the driver shooting himself live on the air.

3. ralphb says:

Ann seems to be a bit worried in general. May not be sure how he would take a loss?

There’s several clips here but I haven’t watched them. I like the sentiment though.

RawStory: Maher tells Larry King: Paul Ryan has morals of ‘the pimp from Taxi Driver’

In a series of clips released from Larry King’s internet-only show “Larry King Now,” “Real Time With Bill Maher” host Bill Maher sat down with King to lay out his views on vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), trickle-down economics and more.

In the first clip embedded below, Maher painted Paul Ryan as being an out-of-control compulsive liar. Calling Ryan “an interesting man,” Maher said, “He seems to have the moral core of the pimp from ‘Taxi Driver.’ This is a guy who will just say anything, I mean…wow. I thought Mitt Romney was a facile liar. This guy, you know, he even lies about his marathon times.”

4. Hey, this emotional well being clip, and didn’t she tell Leno that she gave Mitt a cake with the words never again in icing…four years ago?

I’m worried about Mitt’s mental well-being too. After all, he’s a callous, obtuse, self-righteous and self-delusional man. How can he live with himself?

But I’m not too worried — he can buy whatever mental-healthcare he wants. Unlike “those people” who have to work for a living and have expensive co-pays and deductibles, or “those people” who’ve lost their jobs and have no health coverage, or “those people” who are retired and can’t find a provider that takes new Medicare patients.

Ann Romney should STFU.

6. List of X says:

I can only imagine what hearing this from Ann did to Mitt’s mental well-being…

7. Tim says:

Ann saying that her husband is mentally unstable isn’t really news to anyone, it’s a bit strange that it’s his wife pointing out the Emperor’s New Clothes. If I was a Republican campaign funder I would want my money back, the Republicans should have had a shoe in Presidential candidate and they’ve given me this jerkass? Where’s Newt or even Michelle?!?!?! Anyway, makes for good watching. 🙂