The Caturday before EasterPosted: April 7, 2012
Good Saturday morning, news junkies!
I tried to get the kitties to pose for Easter, but they were running around too fast for my blackberry camera! This was the best shot from this morning’s photo shoot. 🙂
- Read, write letters, go to the library, play games (crosswords, etc.) for Alzheimers prevention (the short video clip at the link is pretty basic, but I always love a reminder to be a nerdy-wordy girl!)
- Scott Walker Quietly Repeals Wisconsin Equal Pay Law…if that’s not a declaration of war on women, then I don’t know what is.
- Meet the Woman Who’s Poised to Become America’s First Openly Gay Senator…and from Wisconsin, too! Take that, Governor Walker (WI-Asshat)! Nobody messes with women in my birthstate…
- via the Guardian, Nasa scientist: climate change is a moral issue on a par with slavery. I think the resurrected Jesus himself would look at the world as we understand it today and have to more or less agree that the “moral arc of the universe” needs to “bend” in that general direction… So would the Original DFH (dirty f’n hippie) Jesus, for that matter 😉
- Via ABC’s Political Punch, Obama, Comedian-in-Chief, Woos Women Supporters…Sheesh, unleash Michelle Obama already! The president wouldn’t know how to woo women even if he tried…O’s punchlines are so stale, even Joe Biden, with his verbal diarrhea and all, could do better.
There you go–short and sweet. I have a big ol’ stash of Hillary links saved up, but that’s for another post 🙂
What’s on your Reads+Rants list this Saturday? Let’s hear it!
Oh, and Minkoff Minx, please continue to rest up and recuperate! We miss you bigtime but look so forward to having you back and feeling *better* than ever!