Exactly How Stupid is Michelle Bachmann?

Michelle Bachmann

Have you heard the latest imbecilic quote from Minnesota Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann? During a speech in New Hampshire this morning she said the following:

“What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love for liberty,” Bachmann told the audience. “You’re the state where the shot was heard around the world in Lexington and Concord.

“And you put a marker in the ground and paid with the blood of your ancestors the very first price that had to be paid to make this the most magnificent nation that has ever arisen in the annals of man in 5,000 years of recorded history.”

Um…no. Lexington and Concord are in Massachusetts. Do you suppose she knows that the Boston Tea Party took place in Massachusetts too? I’m guessing no. The Boston Globe has more:

The remark demonstrated a surprising lack of basic facts about the historic events from which Tea Party derives its name. It is likely to go down as one of the bigger missteps of the early primary season.

Bachmann is touring the country and testing the idea of running for president. With her strong conservative views and sharp one-liners, she has gained a big following around the country. A number of people from Massachsuetts drove up to Nashua for the later fundraising event.

“We see you on Fox all the time! Keep up the good work!’’ called out Valerie Lallas, a retrired [sic] teacher from Lynnfield, as Bachmann signed autographs after her speech.

“I’m on CNN, too,’’ Bachman replied.

“But we don’t watch CNN,’’ Lallas said.

Her fans aren’t exactly the sharpest tools in the shed either.

What are your favorite stupid politician quotes? Dig them up and post them in the comments. Or treat this as an open thread.

37 Comments on “Exactly How Stupid is Michelle Bachmann?”

I’ll start the ball rolling. Here’s a Bachmann quote from 2009:

“I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I’m not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it’s an interesting coincidence.” -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president.

• TheRock says:

But instead of calling her out on it, our MSM will consider it spunky and just move on.

Asshats.

Hillary 2012

• paper doll says:

Indeed Rock…but they also let Bush 2 say we had to invade Iraq because Saddam wouldn’t let weapons inspectoirs in … he said it twice…not a peep was heard from our hero press.

• MB is a distraction doing her job and will be supported until they don’t need her and then we’ll see her on Dancing with the Stars

Bingo.

57 states.

3. Minkoff Minx says:

Her fans aren’t exactly the sharpest tools in the shed either.

This made me laugh so much!

Reminds me of what an attorney I used to work for would say…”Dumb as Dirt.”

Here’s what Bachman had to say about the Wisconsin situation:

“I’d say it’s a new revolution going on over there,” Bachmann said. “We saw the great Ronald Reagan pushing back the Soviet Union in the eastern bloc nations. We saw Abraham Lincoln push back the Confederacy in Atlanta. And now we’re seeing the Republicans in Wisconsin causing the Democrats to retreat to Rockford, Ill., so I’d say we’re winning!”

5. Minkoff Minx says:

”I’m a huge supporter of women. What I’m not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose. Feminism has led women astray. I love the women’s movement — especially when walking behind it.”
    —Rush Limbaugh

Dickwad…

6. Minkoff Minx says:

”My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You’re facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply. They will reproduce, especially ones that don’t think too much further than that. And so what you’ve got to do is you’ve got to curtail that type of behavior. They don’t know any better.”
    —South Carolina Lt. Gov. Andre Bauer (R), arguing that government food assistance to lower-income residents, including food stamps or free school lunches, encourages a culture of dependence, Jan 24. 2010

Watch out for those stupid poor people, they breed like rabbits!

7. Pat Johnson says:

Oh dear God in heaven!

I always thought that Sarah Palin was the stupidest person alive until Michele Bachmann began to eclipse her.

Though it may still be a toss up as to which one holds firmly to the title, Michele is gaining steam here.

Please, someone, point out those people who give either one of these nitwits a shot at the presidency!

These two give a whole new meaning to “ignorance is bliss”. And this goes double for those out there willing to consider either one of these dumbbells as presidential contenders.

Are you kidding me??

8. Beata says:

Indiana’s own Danny Boy ( although he grew up in Arizona ):

LOL. Comedy gold! What about the one about what a terrible thing it is to lose one’s mind?

9. This pretty much sums up ANY of the GOP tickets that are likely to emerge:

FOXimwith

10. Pat Johnson says:

I win!

A compilation of some of the stupidest things this woman has ever uttered for your enjoyment.

11. Thursday's Child says:

For some reason this thread reminds me of Yogi Berra.

12. Peggy Sue says:

I thought Bachmann’s rebuttal to the State of the Union was interesting when she said the Founding Fathers ended slavery. And don’t you forget it or let anyone tell you different!

Sweet! You don’t like the history of the country, you can just rewrite it.

But the comments from the SC Republican Party was the pay-off. They’ve become somewhat disenchanted with Palin. They don’t really think she could win a general election. However, they referred to Michelle Bachmann as:

Sarah Palin with a brain.

That says everything we need to know about the GOP.

OMG! Sarah Palin with a brain? Palin must be stupider than I thought, because Bachmann is just about brain dead.

• paper doll says:

Sarah Palin with a brain

That’s funny because MB seems to me the non thinking person’s Palin.

They want someone easier to control I guess …like they wanted a mix between Christine O’Donnell and Palin and the answer was…. MB?

I think they were after someone to be like a Miss America contestant who is perpetually in the moment when she gives her answer about gay marriage during the swim suit competition.

13. Dario says:

There’s stupidity, and there’s ignorance. I would like to label what Bachmann said as ignorant. But that’s not enough for Bachman not to get elected. I thought that when Obama said that he had visited 57 states, that was stupid. What’s the difference? Let’s face it, there are millions of Americans who know nothing about George Washington, though he’s the face of the most circulated piece of paper, and most Americans know little or nothing about the Revolutionary War. Obama could not have visited 57 states, hence he’s not even aware how many states he has visited. That’s stupid.

If you’re that ignorant, it’s stupid to go out in public and speak where people can hear you–especially if you want to run for President.

14. propertius says:

I’m all for Michelle – I think North Korea is due for a change in leadership.

15. Minkoff Minx says:

Hey all, I am working on tomorrow morning’s reads and found this, it seems like there is a meltdown in Japan:

Japan struggles with nuclear reactors in wake of quake – CNN.com

16. Linda C says:

Why do people keep voting for MB? I can only assume that the voters in her congressional district have the collective IQ of one goldfish.

17. renartthefox says:

“For the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country,” Michele Obama — Speaking in Milwaukee Feb 18, 2008

Never liked it before ?

18. Fredster says:

‘But we also know that the very founders that wrote those documents worked tirelessly until slavery was no more in the United States. … I think it is high time that we recognize the contribution of our forbearers who worked tirelessly — men like John Quincy Adams, who would not rest until slavery was extinguished in the country.’/blockquote>

—Rep. Michele Bachmann, speaking at an Iowan’s for Tax Relief event, Jan. 23, 2011 (The Founding Fathers did not work to end slavery, and John Quincy Adams was not one of the Founding Fathers)

Just keep hitting the button: get another quote

19. Sophie says:

ROFLMAO!!

I think I know why she was confused: Emerson could have been vacationing in NH when he wrote that. (I suppose I could be a real nitpicker and point out that it was ’round and not around.)

It might be because there is a Concord, NH, but really someone who is always talking about patriotism should know where the American revolution began.

20. Fannie says:

I can’t help think back to 2008, when the Obama’s came out with sexism, linking Hillary position as First Lady as a “glorified tea party.”…. and Michelle saying Hillary wasn’t fit to clean up the WH, because she couldn’t clean up her own house.