Is this the Ludacris Obama thought he knew?

Just when you think Obama can’t possibly have any more friends out there that could anger “typical white women” we get this inspirational gem from rapper Ludacris.

Oh, this is really going to go over well with the PUMA movement:  Hillary= Bitch per Ludacris

And the Civil Rights movement:  Jesse Jackson = Slick per Ludacris

And any one unnerved by violent imagery:  McCain= only chair fit to be sitting in is one involving a paralyzed John McCain per Ludacris

And any one that’s an advocate for the mentally handicapped individuals: Bush = mentally handicapped per Ludacris

Through out the song, Ludacris talks about folks that are haters.  I guess it takes one to know one.  Also, what fairy tale land does Ludacris live in when he talks about Obama winning majorities in every state?  Obama has never crossed even the 50% line nationally and if you believe some of the latest polls, he’s behind John McCain now among likely voters.

And the under the bus moment:  (i.e. This is not the Ludacris I thought I knew)

“As Barack Obama has said many, many times in the past, rap lyrics today too often perpetuate misogyny, materialism, and degrading images that he doesn’t want his daughters or any children exposed to. This song is not only outrageously offensive to Senator Clinton, Reverend Jackson, Senator McCain, and President Bush, it is offensive to all of us who are trying to raise our children with the values we hold dear. While Ludacris is a talented individual he should be ashamed of these lyrics.”

This is not the first time we’ve heard these words seeking distance from members of Obama’s celebrity stable.  Remember Bernie Mac?

“We can’t afford to be divided by race. We can’t afford to be divided by region or by class and we can’t afford to be divided by gender, which by the way, that means, Bernie, you’ve got to clean up your act next time,” Obama said. “This is a family affair. By the way, I’m just messing with you, man.”

The incident drew response from Obama’s campaign, which criticized Mac for his choice of material.

Why is it that the entourage surrounding Obama can get away with so much hate-filled language and the blow-back for negative campaigning hits Obama’s adversaries in the face?  This is getting to be way too much of a pattern. You are what you surround yourself with. You are known by the company you keep, even if you try, much later, to say they aren’t the person that you thought you knew.  If that’s the case–for ALL these folks–this man is WAY too dumb to be president.

Has any campaign that you know of had to spend SO much time disavowing its candidates supporters, friends, advisors, aids, and pundits?

10 Comments on “Is this the Ludacris Obama thought he knew?”

1. rw says:

what? no 24/7 hatred? Amazing.

2. cc says:

Amazing the type of people that are drawn to The Precious.

Ludicris also said that white people are “terrified” of a African-American in the White House. No, Lu-Lu, I’m terrified of an arrogant, sexist Republican-Lite in the White House. Get yer facts straight.

3. Jmac says:

Now, cc, we can’t say he’s arrogant. Haven’t you heard, that’s the same as calling him uppity – and we all know what that means.

But then again, Hillary can be called just about anything. One of the Dallas Morning News editors called her a b#tch on the newspaper’s blog and no one commented – this after the head honcho on the editorial page endorsed Obama, explaining he would bring in fresh air and sunshine.

4. Ms. Marple says:

Senator Obama had the opportunity to go on record against the lowest common denominator a long time ago, and only rejects music or ministries or any associates if enough people complain loudly enough. He must feel that for every one individual turned off by the anti-white or anti-female remarks, that there are many more who are attracted because of them. There is no other logical explanation for his enabling all this garbage. Senator McCain now has the age issue thrown in his face, so we can add yet another negative to Obama’s campaign and his associates with their comments and jokes. No, this isn’t the same old politics. It’s a newer, dirtier and uglier version.

5. 007Dad_VA says:

I listened to the lyrics that Ludacris used in this song. 1. I am a man, I am not offended.
    2. I am a black man, I am not offended.
    3. I am a black preacher, I am not offended.

If this was in a book and placed on a shelf in the library it would be considered poetry. This is not the first or will it be that last political poem. The problem is that society takes offense because a black man said it. How dare a black man call a former first lady a “B”, how dare he call a preacher “Slick”… Well white men have been calling our women “B” for years no one said anything then. Let the artist be an artist. Those are his words…do we still live in a country that offers freedom of speech?

007Dad_VA

6. kenoshaMarge says:

The Ludicris lyric is ugly and demeaning. When did we as a country decide that this kind of ugliness was all right?

Yes. We have freedom of expression. Yes, we have a history of all men of all races calling women bitches when they don’t like what they do or say; when they feel threatened by their presence or their strength. I would call any of them out on it, regardless of their race or the race of their target.

Every endeavor by humankind can either be giving an expression of their highest minds and aspirations or it can be the lowest form of taking from their inner demons and poison. Much of the entertainment industry rewards some rappers and some rock musicians and some on-air personalities for outrageousness and playing to the worst in people. I do not believe that all attempts to entertain represent ‘artistic’ expression.

I do not accept violent imagery and demeaning name-calling as a form of artistic expression let alone poetry–no matter who offers it up. There are many, many great black writers and musicians: Duke Ellington, Wynton Marsalis, Ernest Gaines, Maya Angelou … way too many to name here … BUT Ludacris is not among them.

007Dad_VA, I’d like to ask you a question … when is the last time you heard a top selling white musician call a black woman bitch in an album/cd released to the public?

9. vixen says:

007Dad_VA ummm black men call black women the b word in almost every rap song??? What’s new? You don’t need to look at the white man for bringing down the black woman .Maybe we should look at why this language is needed to be artists?

Yes, Luda is an artist. He has a little bit of talent but he has to be smarter than this if he really wants to see Obama in the white house.

10. the obvious says:

“I am a man, I am not offended.
    2. I am a black man, I am not offended.
    3. I am a black preacher, I am not offended.”

Well, that means a lot. After all, Ludacris is a white man who’s using racial slurs, attacking black men and preachers, so if 007dad isn’t offended, well, he’s entitled, right? After all, the attacks are against him, so he should be the arbiter of what’s offensive, right?

Oh wait. I mean, yeah, 007 dad, of course you’re not ofended, why would you be? And why should anyone care? If someone’s screaming racial slurs at you and some white woman comes along and says, hey, nothing’s being said to me so I’m not offended, would your reaction be hey yeah then I’m not offended either, greatest argument ever?

Men of all races should have a symposium to declare that they’ll never be truly equal unless they get to hate on women as much as white men do. Misogyny can unite all races in peace and hate of just the bitches, not each other as men.