Monday Reads: Another Day filled with White Male Murder/Suicide

Yet another set of excuses for yet another white man that just “snapped” while having the mental and physical ability to stockpile and use multiple automatic rifles. Said rifles were used to kill at least 58 people and injure somewhere in the range of 515 plus people.

I don’t get why they can’t just jump off a bridge instead of taking the women and/or children in their life with them or some group of innocent bystanders. It’s never enough for this subspecies of mass murderers.  They’re angry over some concept of entitlement denied.  They can’t face their lives so they kill and blame others.  It’s the same day in and day out. Some times the body count is just a bit more spectacular than others.

The brother of the Las Vegas shooter said that he was a normal guy who must have ‘snapped’ before carrying out the worst mass shooting in American history.

In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Eric Paddock said that ‘something happened’ to make his brother Stephen kill 58 and injure 515.

Eric said that there was ‘absolutely no indication he could do something like this’ and said that Stephen had no political or religious affiliation.

He said: ‘He was just a guy. Something happened, he snapped or something’

The usual right wing cesspools think he must be antifa or “Rachel-loving liberal.”  So, they misidentify the dude. 4chan did it first, btw.

The right-wing news site Gateway Pundit also picked up these rumors as fact in a now-deleted article. That article’s URL was still the top result for Danley’s name on Google in the early hours of Monday morning. The headline, still visible in search results, and remaining on the first page of results for Danley when I ran my 9 a.m. search, read, “Las Vegas Shooter Reportedly a Democrat Who Liked Rachel Maddow, MoveOn.org and Associated with anti-Trump Army.”

And of course,it’s way too early to talk gun control.

LAS VEGAS GUN LAWS: OPEN CARRY, CONCEALED WEAPON, MACHINE GUNS ALL LEGAL IN NEVADA

As a matter of fact, “Gun stocks up after Las Vegas shooting”.

Shares of Sturm Ruger (RGR) were up 6%, while American Outdoor Brands (AOBC), the company formerly known as Smith & Wesson, gained nearly 7%. Both stocks have tended to rally in the immediate aftermath of mass killings, which sadly have become more routine.

These companies massively fund the NRA.

You can read the gory–and I DO MEAN GORY–details here at CNN if you’re so inclined.  I’m going to grade papers and hug on my dog.

This is all I’m up for today.

Oh, don’t forget our pathetic POTUS who has now bailed on his trip to Puerto Rico to head to Las Vegas instead.  It’s just another one of those extraordinary “acts of evil” said the man incapable of empathy and basic human kindness.

74 Comments on “Monday Reads: Another Day filled with White Male Murder/Suicide”

1. Enheduanna says:

Dak – thanks for posting. I can imagine how hard it is some days. I hope all Sky Dancers are coping somehow with what seems like daily tragedy in the news.

I’ve been poking around a little trying to find out about this shooter – but does it seem to anyone else like the stories are all just echoes of each other? Do reporters just re-report the initial AP story and quit asking questions? How long was this guy registered there? Was he the sole occupant of the room? Did he lose big money at a casino?

And of course the bigger questions will never be addressed because they involve white male entitlement.

1,516 mass shootings in 1,735 days: America’s gun crisis – in one chart

The attack at a country music festival in Las Vegas that left at least 58 people dead is the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history – but there were six other mass shootings in America this past week alone.

No other developed nation comes close to the rate of gun violence in America. Americans own an estimated 265m guns, more than one gun for every adult.

Data compiled by the Gun Violence Archive reveals a shocking human toll: there is a mass shooting – defined as four or more people shot in one incident, not including the shooter – every nine out of 10 days on average.

• palhart says:

That’s an utterly shocking chart of mass shootings in the past week without much national reporting, NW Luna. These shootings are becoming normalized like Enabler-in-Chief. We are essentially at war with ourselves. I live in a state of shock.

• Pat Johnson says:

Little late now, Hillary.

There are over 300 million guns out there now and who knows how many are WMDs.

There is no putting the stopper back in the bottle as we are awash in guns all over this nation.

Enough guns to arm every man, woman and child who occupy the US.

The time to effectively do something is long gone. Any reasonable person with an ounce of commonsense could have predicted these massacres when gun restrictions were lifted to benefit the NRA.

If they weren’t capable of “doing something” after Sandy Hook” this event isn’t going to sway congress to act.

Short of confiscating every weapon out there these tragedies will go on.

• Fannie says:

Yeah, Trump did his part in making Hillary Clinton out to be a liar and ending second amendments rights………….his rallies were full of thugs wearing t-shirts with Hillary’s face, and ending the 2nd amendment.

5. Delphyne49 says:

6. palhart says:

Looking for a motive is pointless. These white male privileged gun owners just get punked out with something that stresses them out like gambling losses, strip club lawsuits that go nowhere, or a divorce and decide go out in flames and take as many innocent people with them as possible. Those people at the concert were having fun listening to music while I suffered (?).

Or I wasn’t having a nice day.

• Pat Johnson says:

The motive may be nothing simpler than “I own a lot of weapons and I feel like using them”.

Agree. I long ago gave up the idea of looking for a motive or trying to understand why something evil happened. Nothing, absolutely nothing, excuses this behavior. Anything which “makes sense” to a person who’d cause suffering to others is never going to make sense to me.

7. Minkoff Minx says:

God no

Did you guys hear that the shooter’s father was on the FBI’s 10 most wanted list for bank robbery?

I think the time has come to repeal the 2nd amendment.

Or just allow the type of guns available at the time — which is what the 2nd amendment was about (and in the hands of government defense guards, not every gambler out there).

10. Mary Luke says:

He didn’t snsp. That was well planned.

On MSNBC they keep saying that country music is the heart of America. I guess I don’t belong. I never heard of any of the performers.

Much of country music endorses violence and misogyny. I don’t care much for that musical style, but I really hate the lyrics. I’m not surprised that a gun-lovin’ good ol’ gambling boy liked country.

• Enheduanna says:

Luna – I vaguely remember when Vince Gill was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame there was finally a fuss made about why him but women like Brenda Lee and Emmylou Harris were left out. So yeah they got a ways to go.

I can’t listen to it. It hurts my ears.

• Enheduanna says:

Some of the new stuff – God Bless Murrica – is really hard to take.

• joanelle says:

There was a Time I enjoyed it (about thirty years ago) when it was country music, then it became ‘rock-a-billy and now, I’m not sure what it is.

• Enheduanna says:

26 years ago I actually worked on a few shows for a Vince Gill, Clint Black and Reba McEntire tour. I was the lowest of the low – t-shirt/swag vendor so I manned the tables. Nonetheless it was a blast and fascinating. I met Vince Gill briefly – his songs at that early stage are really beautiful. Anyway – I get it – even though I’m squarely in the rock ‘n roll camp. I don’t have a clue about what’s popular now in country, but hello was there anyone who could sing like Patsy Cline?

Any kind of music can be beautiful. There’s good music and bad music in every genre.

• Enheduanna says:

P.S. I was floored when we got to Billings, Montana – almost the entire audience was Crow nation!

12. RonStill4Hills says:

I had a nightmare last night that I do not fully remember,but the two things that I do remember seem to have meaning in light of what I discovered in the news. 1). Someone was asking if I wanted to see a person with their brains blown out. I didn’t but that kind of morphed into “click here to see” a person with their brains blown out, I still did not want to see. 2) Then I remember a serpent morphed into a long gun. The thought “you knew I was a snake when you took me in” was on my mind. I was thinking of the parable where a man finds a frozen snake and holds it to his bosom saving its life. When it is revived it bites the man. The dying man asks “why” and the snake tells hims, you knew what I was when you took me in. I was thinking that it represented the accidental shootings of children when guns are in the home But I guess it applies to any shootings where innocent blood is shed.

Weird dreams. Just coincidence, Doesn’t mean anything. But still.

• Enheduanna says:

Ron – almost sounds like you went to sleep listening to the news. OTOH – you might want to see a shrink about the snakes/gun part. lol

I once went on a double date with a doctor and another couple and innocently told them about a dream I’d had about a train and a tunnel and how the train hit me and there was blood but I wasn’t dead. lol – there – hopefully some needed humor for you guys.

• RonStill4Hills says:

:-), No doubt that I could benefit from some professional help regarding my dreams and what not.

But we are visiting with my stepson and his wife and they do not have a TV. For the moment the only news I am getting is what I get here or on my phone.

I am pretty sure that what triggered my dreams is the conversations we have been having, and the very mixed feeling I have regarding guns.

We live in an Atlanta suburb, and many of my friends have been buying guns lately. One such friend cited a rise in carjackings and home invasions lately. Now I haven’t heard of any RISE in such occurrences, but my friend says he is seeing it on Facebook and Twitter.

Honestly I suspect that there is some right wing fake news rat-fuckery is going on, but I do realize that I am in the middle Trump Heaven and I am the only person I know who doesn’t have any guns.

My girlfriend and I have been discussing it between ourselves and with other friends and family.

It came up last night at dinner so I wasn’t surprised by the dream at first.

After I saw the news though, I was a little freaked out. Especially at the part about, “you knew what I was when you took me in.” It is really giving me second thoughts about my second thoughts.

• Enheduanna says:

I’m here in ATL too. I hope I didn’t offend you – who can say what triggers our dreams. Mine are usually easily traced to some circumstance in my life.

Just remember Ron – you are something like 7 times more likely to die of your own gun if you own one than a person who doesn’t keep them in their home.

• teele says:

Gun-free home here, too. My husband and I discussed purchasing weapons last November (not alone on that, I’m sure), but in the end decided against it. First of all, no point in purchasing a tool we have no intention of using, and second, we have no desire to live in a world where survival depends on trying to kill someone else before they kill you.

13. palhart says:

No prediction from that past religious nut-job about the end of the world date? Not a peep from that special deranged fringe of Americana?

Maybe too busy blaming Hillary for all the chaos.

14. palhart says:

Since the media and the politicians will talk this killing episode to death, and trump will distract with how well he is fixing everything, I’m turning the tv off. Nothing’s going to change for a long while.

15. Sweet Sue says:

It’s too soon to talk about politics and gun control!!!
    When can we talk? How many people have to die?
    FUCK YOU, CNN.

• quixote says:

Interesting statistic out on the great wide web: there’s been just about one mass shooting (i.e. more than 4 people at one time) per day for the last year. Or maybe it was even longer. [NWLuna had the link over at Widdershins: 1516 mass shooting in 1735 days.] So if you can’t talk about mass shootings when there’s been one, in the US you can never talk about them.

Alternatively, Nobody really needs to talk. Congress needs to get real gun control done. That’s all.

16. Sweet Sue says:

Trump was presidential. Fuck You, CNN.

• Catscatscats says:

He reads (badly), wiggles his shoulders (Hillary did it better) and makes those same ridiculous hand gestures over and over. He has no humanity, no decency or compassion, none and the media just chases the benjamins. I pray for an alien invasion….

• quixote says:

One of my favorite things of all time:

What is the difference between a realist and a dreamer? The realist thinks that someday a UFO will come down and hover over the UN building, and that the aliens will come out of the UFO and offer to share their technology and solve all our world’s problems.

The dreamer thinks maybe we can get our act together and do it ourselves. [Russian joke.]

hahaha!

• Catscatscats says:

Quixote, I never heard that one but I am Slavic on my mother’s side….I wouldn’t mind being abducted by aliens if they looked like Michael Rennie, Ray Walston, Jonathan Winters, Robin Williams or Jeff Bridges and there was no anal probing, of course.

Apparently Tom Petty’s death cannot be confirmed.

18. RonStill4Hills says:

They can pretend like the misindentification of the shooter as a left wing extremist was an in iinnocent mistake but we know better. People know how to spoof the Google and Facebook algorithms to get the results they want. Like I said the other day, I was looking for information about the Clinton Foundation and Maria relief, and the first couple of pages of results were all anti-Clinton right wing hit pieces. Similarly during the election and shortly after, everything I received claiming to be from Hills or the DNC was malware. It is sophiscated cyber terrorism.

• Catscatscats says:

Totally agree Ron. My Repub friends still pooh pooh this virulent stealth propaganda. There were so many subversive currents going under the radar in the run up to the election (cyber psi ops, gutting of voting rights act, draconian voter ID laws, voter suppression by limiting locations, early voting and shortened hours for polling places, tampering with voter rolls). I am still amazed that Hillary did as well as she did and in my deluded heart of hearts still believe she really won both the electoral and the popular vote.