Wednesday Cartoons: MMXXIII

Yup, a new year is upon us…good riddance to 2022!

Cartoons via Cagle website:

What in the ever loving fuckity fuck with this Santos asshole? And how was he able to get away with this shit?

This is an open thread…

14 Comments on “Wednesday Cartoons: MMXXIII”

1. I hope everyone is doing well…stay safe.

2. This is nuts…see the whole thread.

Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson has sat on the Supreme Court for a little more than two months.

She’s dominated oral arguments and attracted attention from the left and right.

“We haven’t really seen somebody who, out of the gates, is this engaged,” one scholar said.

“In the short time since her debut, Jackson has dominated oral arguments, become the focus of numerous media columns, issued her first two dissents, and received praise from the left and criticism from the right. Court watchers say it’s rare for a newcomer to be this vocal and attract such attention at the beginning of their tenure.

Whether Jackson’s presence will change the court and its decision-making remains to be seen. But in the meantime, Jackson, who broke barriers as the first Black woman on the court, seems to be breaking new ground. “

MORNING SHOTS
    The GOP’s George Santos Dilemma
    Plus: A year of banning books

Charlie Sykes

“I didn’t graduate from any institution of higher learning. I’m embarrassed and sorry for having embellished my resume. I own up to that … We do stupid things in life.” Congressman-elect George Santos (R-Bullshit)

Embellished? I do not think that word means what the Talented Mr. Santos thinks it means.

To “embellish” is to adorn, decorate, enhance, gild, beautify, and festoon, and, on occasion, it means to “exaggerate.”

This Santos did not do. He just made shit up out of whole cloth. He did not place doodads on his resume: He lied about his schooling, his degrees, his background, his criminal history, his employment, and about the non-existent properties he claimed to own. He lied that his employees were killed in the Pulse nightclub shooting. He lied about his Jew-ishness and about his grandparents escaping the Holocaust. He used fake quotes from Winston Churchill. He lied about his money, probably lied on financial disclosure forms (which is actually a crime), and lied about his lying.

And then, having constructed this Babel of Fabulism, he turned to the playbook of disingenuous non-apologies.

“If I disappointed anyone by résumé embellishment…

and

“a lot of people overstate in their résumés.”

and

“I never claimed to be Jewish. I am Catholic,” he said. “Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’

Parody weeps.

Brian Tyler Cohen
      7 minutes ago
      Political commentary on YouTube. Podcast host

George Santos is now under federal investigation, per CNN.

In case you were wondering how the incoming Republican House majority is shaping up.

My plumber is here to fix the kitchen sink. I’m so relieved to see him.