Wednesday Cartoons: Kill the Elf

Good morning, this Covid fog is lingering…all this time I thought it was Sunday. Let’s just get to the cartoons. From the Cagle website:

That last one just tickles me…Nixon in chains as the ghost of Christmas Past.

And with that…this is an open thread.

8 Comments on “Wednesday Cartoons: Kill the Elf”

1. RonStill4Hillls says:

The Jules Winfield Kitten is priceless.

• Enheduanna says:

Ron do you mean the Badass Kitty? I collect vintage children’s books and I have a Whitman Pillow book by Dorothy Haas called “Mimi the Merry-go-Round Cat”, illustrated by Florence Sarah Winship with that kitten on the cover. I recognized it immediately.

Too funny.

• RonStill4Hillls says:

“Say ‘puss’ again. Say ‘puss’ again. I dare you. I double dare you motherf*cker. Say ‘puss’ one more g*dd*mned time!”

I just thought I’d share this because it resonated with me and might with others of you.

• Beata says:

Thank you, Dak. I am currently reading Dr. Gabor Mate’s newest book “The Myth of Normal: Trauma, Illness and Healing in a Toxic Culture”. Mate is a leading expert on trauma. I would also recommend the work of trauma experts Peter Levine, Stephen Porges and Bessel van der Kolk. Reading them won’t lead to an easy cure for anyone suffering from trauma (there is no easy cure) but it may help people understand what they are experiencing and provide some comfort. They have been helpful to me. I score an 8 on the Adverse Childhood Experience (ACE) test which measures childhood trauma (10 is the highest possible score). Trust me when I say this is not a test anyone wants to ‘ace’.

3. Enheduanna says:

Dak if you are reading this get in your safe spot immediately….Weather Channel reporting a tornado heading for the south side of NOLA right now!

Be safe – hoping everyone today avoids these terrible storms.

Hi! Thx! Saw you on Facebook. Yea. I had wdsu streaming behind my work and heard immediately. I tried to round up the cats.Temple, Kristal, and I were under my desk. The other two stayed under the bed. Just found out it landed in the 9th ward, so it was really close. It was so dark. The lights went out. The roar sound was quite loud. Lights came back on, and we were ok, but I was rattled for a while. I grew up in Tornado Alley and been around lots of them. I felt pretty vulnerable this time. Thanks for thinking of me!! Guess Dixie Alley is stretching into New Orleans.

• Enheduanna says:

Wow if you heard it then you were really close. Those nighttime storms are particularly scary.

I am actually not on Faceborg, so maybe there is another Enheduanna? I know there is another one on Google.