Wednesday Reads: Ugh

Ugh…I’m getting sick and tired of the same shit, tRump…blah, blah, blah…and another day passes. Yet, the orange turd still remains free.

Read more of this thread at the link…

Have a good day and be careful…this is an open thread.

8 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Ugh”

1. Enheduanna says:

Great round-up JJ! I am looking forward to the beginning of Fall and a very welcome cool-down for us here in Georgia this week.

The news on all this forced-birth legislation is horrific. I’m trying to decide whether to request a mail-in ballot (yes Gov. Kemp is forcing me to ASK FOR ONE every GD time even though it was supposed to be automatic for over-65 yr olds); or just drop into the local polling station this November. I actually don’t have 100% my vote will be counted….correctly. How sad is that?

• Enheduanna says:

Oops …”have confidence”…..my vote will be counted

• RonStill4Hillls says:

I am actually concerned about going to the polling stations because of potential violence. I think we are operating under all new rules this time. I am in Georgia too, and I think that the MAGAts here are crazy.

• Enheduanna says:

They are crazy. They think changing the rules so I have to request a ballot for each and every election is helping to prevent fraud. All it’s doing is making it harder for older (and usually more conservative) voters. You should see the comments on Nextdoor.com for my area.

I just mailed the request in because I don’t trust those machines anymore, since there are VIDEOS of GOP elections officials inviting people to come in and fiddle around with them.

What? You have to request a ballot for each election? The only thing that’s going to do is make it harder to vote — which is what they want. Anyone who procrastinates (any age), forgets easily (younger or older people), or is busy (moms w/kids, people having to work 2 jobs, working students) will not find it easy to to do a request on time. Also the Republican watchers at polling stations sounds unnerving.

I’m so glad my state is all vote-by-mail. You can also look online for your ballot # to see if it’s been received and counted. But then it’s a mostly blue state. We haven’t had a Republican governor for I don’t know how long — last one was back when Republicans were today’s moderate Democrats.

I really hope the Voting Rights Act, which the Republicans eviscerated in 2013, will get fixed in the next year when we get a Dem majority.

• quixote says:

The bad news is Roberts hopes to have the Voting Rights Act destroyed well before then, so there’ll be huge amounts of lost ground to recover. Linda Greenhouse in The Atlantic: “John Roberts’s Long Game.”

An appeals court sided with the Justice Department in a legal fight over classified documents seized in a court-authorized search of former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home, ruling Wednesday that the FBI may use the documents in its ongoing criminal investigation.

The ruling by a three-judge panel of the appeals court marks a victory, at least temporarily, for the Justice Department in its legal battle with Trump over access to the evidence seized in a high-stakes national security investigation to determine if the former president or his advisers mishandled national security secrets or hid or destroyed government records.

In the ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Atlanta found fault with Trump’s rationale that the classified documents in particular might be his property, rather than the government’s. The appeals court also disagreed with the rationale used by U.S. District Court Judge Aileen M. Cannon.

What do you think? Join the conversation. Leave a Reply:

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s