Wednesday Reads: Or a Shit Cult

Morning all…look I’m too disgusted to post much today, so take what you get:

Cartoons via Cagle:

Be sure to play this next one, so you get the title of today’s post.

This is an open thread.

16 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Or a Shit Cult”

1. roofingbird says:

I think the missing documents from the empty folders are put at greater risk as a result of this ruling.

5. Beata says:

The ‘cartoon’ with the lovely woman who uses a walker is really offensive. Maybe I just don’t get it.

• RonStill4Hillls says:

I think they are slamming Leonardo DiCaprio because he keeps trading in his much younger girlfriends for even younger girlfriends. Questionable taste regardless of who is the butt of the joke. The first time through the offensive part went right over my head. Thanks for calling it out.

I agree; it’s offensive. Most older people are in better shape than that anyway. The cartoonist thinks s/he will never get old.

6. RonStill4Hillls says:

For whatever reason I am very fond of the Queen.
    It bums me out that the may be passing.
    I hope she it at peace whatever happens.

• Beata says:

Your comment was the first I saw that the Queen may be close to death. It’s so very sad. I find myself tearing up.

My grandparents were living in London during her coronation. I grew up hearing stories about it from my grandmother.

• quixote says:

Same here. Both that I didn’t know that, and that somehow she’s simpatico to me. It can’t be easy, politely cutting ribbons your whole life while never putting a foot out of line because you’re a symbol, not a human. Plus, when the country needs encouraging words, whether it’s war when she was a teenager or covid recently, she’s there and she’s damn good at it.

I’ve had the feeling all along that her heart wasn’t in it ever since Philip passed away.

Me too. She was a figurehead but during WWII joined the army and was driving IIRC medical support trucks. She sure wasn’t fleeing to a safe place or claiming bone spurs. She was dignified and a symbol of continuity.

7. MsMass says:

This is pretty good….and it’s pissing dumpster off!