Wednesday Reads: Tired of it

Good morning, yesterday I woke up to all my Kamala and Hillary stickers (as well as my equally and abortion rights…and voting rights and trans rights and women’s rights stickers) all ripped off the refrigerator. These stickers and magnets are important to me, I’ve been collecting them for decades. My son is the one who viciously took them down. He is one of those right wing assholes. Mirroring the words of MTG before I see tweets about her quotes on Twitter. It is so upsetting. So just the basics today.

This is an open thread.

18 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Tired of it”

JJ, I’m so sorry for what your son did. He needs to understand that he committed a terrible violation and that he hurt you. That is no way to treat his mother.

• quixote says:

I was shocked when I read your first paragraph! It would have been awful if it was just some, I don’t know, passing real estate agent or something. But your own child? I just … I mean, there’s nothing to say is there? How utterly awful.

JJ, I’m worried about you. You need a space where your peace and dignity cannot be disrupted by these kinds of microaggressions. Watch out for yourself!

1. And the show begins:

Good cartoons today. The story on the slave cabins is mind blowing.

I can believe it. Some of the idiots that come down here to do that just have no sense of what everything represents down here. They tear into traditional black neighborhoods and destroy the culture, heritage, and architecture.

Donny can’t find a decent lawyer to defend him!

I’m tired of all the people with crazy eyes elected to positions by Republicans. Sarah Palin may follow this one to Congress. Is it just me, or does it seem like John Waters is casting the Republican candidates these days? And I apologize to all my Drag Queen friends who have much more professional looks.

More forced-birther forced tragedies:

An anencephalic fetus? It’s going to die anyway. It doesn’t have the ability to sustain life on its own — no brain or not enough brain to even ensure breathing. Basically brain-dead before birth. Horrible.

All done by embroidery. Wish we had a larger picture to enjoy all the detail.

• quixote says:

I’ve come across some of her work before. Everything I’ve seen is as amazing as that piece. As you say, really deserves a hi-res image!