Wednesday Reads: A gift to someone.

Good afternoon, running late today…I forgot it was Wednesday. So that cartoon above by Pat Bagley is just about perfect…as are several of the other cartoons below from the Cagle website:

So if you are in Georgia…please get out the vote for Warnock in the primaries!

Now, I’ve been on Twitter since 2008..and that is a lot of years of me posting personal comments and statements.

I don’t think I want those things I say in the hands of some asshole dickwad tRump loving fuckhead who decided to takeover Twitter. So I am asking you to please follow my new Twitter account.

Here is a link:

I originally had this album cover as my @PeggyDickover Twitter header…but I thought it may be pushing things too far:

Who knows, maybe I will change it back again once the Musk takeover is complete. Why the fuck not? This is an open thread.

16 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: A gift to someone.”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

I totally forgot it was Wednesday…

2. Minkoff Minx says:

Rest In Peace Madeleine

I followed you, Peggy.

Twitter didn’t kick off Trump until after Jan 6th. They left him on all through the 2020 campaign season and through the Jan 6th insurrection and only suspended him after all that damage was done. There are plenty of accounts still saying that vaccines are a dangerous liberal plot. Twitter has no real commitment to keeping bullshit off their platform.

Twitter already data-mines everything posted for profit or to sell or exchange with other for-profit companies.

Twitter allows threats of rape and death to stay up as long if directed against women. Meanwhile they ban women and men for saying sex is real, women don’t have penises, and Lia Thomas is a man.

There’s already plenty of MAGAnuts and other deplorables and despicables on there; just block or mute them.

I dislike Musk, but if he bothers to improve the algorithms and have moderators who are biology-literate, it’ll mean I can say that only women can get pregnant, and at only the cost of blocking a few more accounts.

• darthvelma says:

The Lukovich cartoon acting like Elon Musk will all of a sudden allow misogyny on Twtitter is…something. It’s amazing how dudes don’t actually see or care about actual misogyny until they can use it as a club against another dude they don’t like.

Said it before, will probably say it a brazillion more times. Twitter sucks. Elon Musk sucks. I hope they eat each other.

Love the accolades at Madeleine Albright’s funeral service, especially Hillary’s.

Also “the winners of the popular vote in the presidential elections”! Lol!

Good news from the UK! Now if the US could do this…

They say there’s no women-hatred on Twitter now? As darthvelma said, they haven’t been paying attention.