Sunday Reads: No LGB 🏳️‍🌈without the T 🏳️‍⚧️

Ok, I may get some flak for this…but I don’t give a fuck.

A couple days ago was Trans Day of Visibility. And I personally have to say, I fully support Trans rights. The sentiment of the image below is something I take to heart.

I don’t know what else to say about it. I don’t want to get into a big discussion about definitions of the word woman…or man for that matter. I have people in my life…that I love…who are gay, lesbian, queer, bi, trans and whoever the fuck they want to identify as…and I will support them in anyway that I can.

That is all I’m going to say on this subject.

Cartoons via Cagle:

H/T BB

Sad news:

Some disturbing news:

Ok, now we have to move on.

That is all I got for you today. This is an open thread, and I won’t be responding to anything Trans 🏳️‍⚧️ related. Thank you.

Here is some more Estelle Harris to get you going…

14 Comments on “Sunday Reads: No LGB 🏳️‍🌈without the T 🏳️‍⚧️”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Here is the main story of the day:

I support trans rights. But the trans activists are even attacking lesbians. I don’t see how one group’s rights can be permitted to supercede the rights of other groups. I’m not interested in arguing either. But I do find this insistence on denying other people’s rights confusing.

• quixote says:

The contradiction comes in when sex is denied in favor of gender.

There’s no same-sex attraction if you insist only gender exists.

So there’s the bizarre situation where lesbians’ sexual orientation isn’t respected because the only thing that supposedly matters is the self-ID of would-be partners.

Basically, a bunch of trans activists who, in my view, need help have created a situation where it’s impossible to be L, G, or B with T. (See Dennis Noel Kavanagh for wonderfully clear-eyed takes on the situation.)

Essential disclaimer: there are *plenty* of transwomen who are not into reality denial and who do *not* try to force reality denial on others. There is zero, none, zilch, nada problem with trans people living their own lives how they want.

Every feminist from JKRowling on down agrees on that. We’re all IN FAVOR of them being able to do that. Just as we’re in favor of women doing that. I’m 100% sure you feel that way about it too, JJ. That’s also where we all differ completely from the GOP / Putin / fundie desire to stuff everyone into one of two gender straitjackets.

(Transmen really don’t create the same kind of aggro. The sexes I’m talking about are the issue. This isn’t a sex-neutral problem, which tells you something right there.)

Exactly. A vocal minority claim to speak for all trans people, but they don’t. They are viciously attacking anyone who tries to say that non trans people also have the right to choose an identity.

• darthvelma says:

Actually, trans men are starting to pull this same shit with gay men – telling them they’re bigots if they don’t like vagina. They just don’t get as far because actual men have no problem telling actual women to fuck off and have that no respected.

No disagreement there. Basic human rights are for all, regardless if they identify (whatever that is) as something they are not. I will note that “queer” is considered an insult for most lesbian, gay and bi persons. As for no LGB without the T — that’s forced teaming. LGB have nothing in common with T. LGB is sexual orientation — they are homosexual (adjective used by many LGB these days) with B being hetero also. T is thinking you’re a different gender (whatever ‘gender’ is) or a different sex. It’s impossible to change sex! Every cell in your body is sexed. People with DSDs (inaccurately called ‘intersex’) are either male or female, not both nor neither nor spectrum-y. There are now LGB Alliance (without the T) organizations in the US, the UK, and other countries. Yet the T/MRAs scream about transphobia and demand to be let in.

Human rights do not include men in girls’ and women’s changing rooms, restrooms, sports, prisons, or rape-survivor shelters. 90-95% of men who call themselves trans women keep their male genitals. Lots of them argue that women have penises, and that lesbians are transphobic for not wanting to date ‘women with penises.’ As darthvelma pointed out, the same in reverse is happening with trans-identified women and gay men.

Trans people already have human rights. They should not demand to invade female-only spaces. If identifying as Black when you’re White is wrong, then even more so is identifying as a woman when you’re a man. You cannot know what it is to be something you’re not.

Oh, and “trans kids”? No such thing. Kids who aren’t old enough to buy booze or join the military are too young to decide themselves to amputate healthy body parts. Or make themselves sterile and unable to orgasm with the use of puberty blockers. PBs are not reversible unless you take them for only a few weeks.

And yes, #NotAllTs. Many are quite happy wearing stereotypical women’s clothing but will say they know they’re not women, and they don’t want to invade women’s spaces. A number speak out against the gender woo ideology, and I thank and support them.

One more comment on the men’s-feelings-are-more-important-than-women’s-rights ideology — Biden’s requested changes to Title 9 define “sex” as equivalent to “self-identified gender.” So bye-bye scholarships, medals, placements for girls and women. More and more will be taken by boys and men.

“Oh there’s just a few!” Now. How many females must lose their places to males before it matters?

Really, last comment.

Trans Day of Visibility on the last day of Women’s History Month is a slap in the face of women.