Sunday Reads: FuckOmeter

So, with that…here are the cartoons:

That is it, all that tRump stuff got me worked up…so this is an open thread, have a good day.

13 Comments on “Sunday Reads: FuckOmeter”

1. darthvelma says:

Utah did the right thing (even if they probably did it for the wrong reasons). Boys have no business in girls’ sports. And the subsequent tweet in this very thread (about the 8 year old boy attacking and trying to choke a little girl) highlights exactly why. Even very young boys have no business being allowed into girls toilets, locker rooms, and sports.

• roofingbird says:

Well, my FuckOmeter just spiked.

Yes. Nobody’s born in the wrong body.

Women and girls have fought for decades — 100s of years to be able to play sports as part of school, just as boys and men have always been able to do. Identities don’t play sports — bodies do. Trans-identified persons aren’t barred from sports — they can play on their own sex’s team. Save girls’ and women’s sports for girls and women!

Really good cartoons today, but my favorite part is the mansplaining look.

4. roofingbird says:

Incredible set of cartoons!

5. Minkoff Minx says:

6. djmm says:

Kids knock other kids down. That would deserve a reprimand. That he put his hands around her throat is chilling. Where did he learn that? He needs to unlearn it quickly.

7. quixote says:

Godspeed to the lawsuit to stop Marjorie Three Names from running again. She should never have been able to run the first time.

Samantha Bee — Why do you call a mother “It”? as in “It’s the mother who pays for your cell phone plan.” I detest Stephen Miller, but I also detest persons who call a mother “it.”

Also, why can’t Judge Jackson define what a woman is when she makes decisions about women? Jackson is a mother, or is she? If you can’t define “woman” how can you be sure you are one, or that mothers are women?

The fact that Jackson punted that question does not bode well for women. Women and girls, be prepared to have your bathrooms, changing rooms, sports, scholarships, rape shelters, and other same-sex spaces invaded by men. Some women have said they are single-issue voters and will not vote for anyone who says that ‘gender identity’ defines a person as male or female. I’m not one of them — just passing on what I’ve heard from many women.

• quixote says:

Isn’t that the usual sentence construction? “It” doesn’t refer to the mother but to the situation being discussed.

As for using the excuse that “I’m not a biologist, so I don’t know” yadda yadda. Maybe us biologists ought to publish it on billboards. Males produce small gametes. Females produce large gametes. That’s all folks.

Of course, it wouldn’t help. The point is to enforce recitation of dogma, not curiosity about biology. I think Jackson feels that, even if it’s not articulated yet for her, which is why she gave that non-answer.

I was predicting ages ago that Repubs would try to use the gumball parts of trans ideology as a hot button issue at some point. They get to pretend they’re pro-women while they take away women’s ownership of their own bodies. Cool. And Dems are just walking into it by not making a clear distinction between rights issues (women have rights too! privacy! safety! who knew?) and civil liberties issues (trans people can dress how they like and can’t be fired for it). This is all going to end badly. For everybody.