Wednesday Reads: Terrible

Cartoons via Cagle website:

My uncle sent me this picture, it is on the road to Yuma from Vegas…check out the name of the convenience store:

Yes, it is called Terrible’s…

Updates on Tonga:

This is disturbing, coming from a multi-generational family…

However, it is way better than nothing:

Click that link to order your test kits.

And lastly, I think they made a movie about a shitload of crows in a California town:

This is an open thread, stay safe.

17 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Terrible”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Hello, I will just leave this here:

And this:

This makes me want to scream. The majority of the Public wants this. It’s the Republicans who are seriously against it because their big-money interests are against it.

3. Enheduanna says:

Got my test kits ordered today. I also submitted an order for my 80-year old neighbor who does not go online or have an email.

I sure hope they can get us some N95 masks free soon. I have a stash but they are pricey if you buy in quantity.

4. Minkoff Minx says:

A movie about the book A Confederacy of Dunces

That denial of stay couldn’t happen to a more deserving person. SCOTUS did the right thing this time.

Logistically, the quickest and most simple way to get tests out is by address. As far as the 4 tests per address limit, I think they need to make sure they have enough to get every household some tests to begin with.

Each person can get 8 free tests from real or online sources, when they have Medicaid, Medicare, or other insurance. That covers most households. Who’s left out will be the upper-lower income. Most of the lowest income population is covered through Medicaid. What’s problematic are those who make too much to qualify for Medicaid but don’t have enough for private insurance or aren’t covered through their jobs.

• quixote says:

To the objection that it leaves out multigenerational households: yes, somewhat, but how are you going to verify? If you don’t verify, every entitled jerk out there will suddenly sprout a 50-person household (and then sell the tests on ebay?).

It seems to me they’re doing it the only way they can, since they have to do it as fast as possible.

I wonder how many more states are doing this.

Washingtonians will soon be able to order free at-home COVID-19 tests through a new state Department of Health website, health officials said Wednesday morning.

Once the state’s website launches, each household will be able to order one testing kit, which includes four to five tests, Fehrenbach said. The kits are expected to arrive within one to two weeks. “While supply chains are improving, they’re still strained and when we’re low or out of stock temporarily, you will not be able to order a test,” she added. “So we ask for your patience and we encourage you to check back if that happens.”
      ….
      Those with limited internet access or who need a translator will be able to order at-home testing kits through the state’s COVID-19 hotline (1-800-525-0127).

This looks fascinating. Sigh. But I’m not traveling during this pandemic.

Love Tammy Duckworth!