Sunday Reads: Quack Quacks

Cartoons via Cagle:

This next video is a little old, but I never saw it until yesterday…

The fugitive behind one of America’s most notorious bank robberies has been identified after a 52 year search, law enforcement officials have announced.
Ted Conrad was working as a teller at the at the Society National Bank in Clevland, Ohio when he robbed his employer in July 1969.

That seems like a few quacks to get you started this Sunday morning…now for something different…

This is an open thread, have a good day.

13 Comments on “Sunday Reads: Quack Quacks”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Isn’t that photo from 188 years ago cool? Be sure to see the other images at the link.

2. Minkoff Minx says:

I remember about 2 years ago pre-covid sitting at my clinic waiting for the doctor drinking some coffee. A woman walked in with a noose on her t-shirt and I was shaken badly by it. This city is about 70 percent black and so the clinic staff pretty much represents the black majority in its nurses, guards, doctors, etc. and it’s a big clinic. So, the woman at the coffee shop saw me looking all trembly and asked what was wrong. I told her that skinny little blonde in the brown t-shirt has what looks like a noose on it. She walked to get a look at her and sure enough, that was what was on the t-shirt. The woman from the coffee stand–who was black–came back and said I can see you’re all shook up about this and it’s okay. Don’t let the bad ones get to you. She’s been my buddy ever since. Whenever I go to the clinic, she waves and we always have a cup of coffee after my appointments. Some people are just so trifling they’re a waste of oxygen.

I’ve never wanted to punch anyone so badly as I once did the neighborhood bully “Bubba” transplant from Texas for bullying my sister and her kindergarten friends.6

3. Minkoff Minx says:

One last quack:

• djmm says:

Let’s set aside the fact that he apparently has never read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, exactly which religion is he advocating for? Baptists don’t think they have the same religion as Catholics.

• quixote says:

Every time I see pictures of that wonderful little girl, serious like she knows she’s walking into every history book, dressed carefully in her Sunday best by her mom, acting like it’s normal to be surrounded by beefy guys making sure she’s okay. What a moment.