Wednesday Reads

Today is the fifth anniversary of the death of Prince.

I wonder what he would have done, and what music he would have produced, had he been alive for the the murder of George Floyd.

Cartoons from cagle.com :

There is now no way to work around and use classic editor in WordPress, the only option is block editor. So adding media like photos is annoyingly difficult. Because of this terrible editor, I will add the images in a gallery format.

I had a dream last night that I was being hunted by one of these T-Rex 🦖…

This is an open thread…


11 Comments on “Wednesday Reads”

  1. NW Luna says:

    • quixote says:

      Yes, funny (as in not funny at all) how much agita there is about black violence, even though the statistics of violence by race when socioeconomic classes are matched doesn’t support that at all. If anything, blacks are slightly *less* violent.

      Meanwhile, there’s a deep obliviousness to male violence, while the statistics show that they commit in the neighborhood of 80% — eighty percent! — of the violence. And of the remaining 20% female violence, somewhere between 12%-15% of that is caused by male violence. (When it comes to sexual violence, the gap is starker: around 98% male.)

      Still, violent males with guns can do a lot more harm than violent males without guns. If you can’t force them into therapy, the only other option is to take the guns away, isn’t it?

  2. djmm says:

    I miss Prince. At the time of his death, I read that he recorded almost every day and there are hundreds of his tracks that are yet to be released.

  3. NW Luna says:

    Sigh. I could really do without seeing any more uses of the incel-started “Karen” slur. There are plenty of other less sexist descriptions.

  4. NW Luna says:

    • bostonboomer says:

      Beautiful. Thanks for posting this.

    • joanelle says:

      Thanks for Nina Simone, having lost my beloved Michael just six weeks ago, her singing who knows where the time goes brought up a lot of memories and tears

  5. dakinikat says:

    Senator Aw Shucks fucks up again … he doesn’t seem to realize there are people smarter than him that expend energy on something other than a false persona …