Wednesday Reads: Flaming Turkey

I’m going with a flaming turd…how about you?

My turkey 🦃 is still a frozen solid bird of ice. It’s been “defrosting” in the fridge since Saturday. I gotta work some t-bird miracle to get that thing in frozen so it can be marinated tonight. Hey, this year I’m looking forward to the holidays…the faster they come to pass…the faster we get that flaming turd out of the White House.

Here’s to Thanksgiving:

A time for family connections…

Remember to mask up this if you are visiting or going out for the holiday!

Some various things to note:

Thank you, this is an open thread.

7 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Flaming Turkey”

1. MsMass says:

Oh, I’m nauseous looking at the first pic, please no more….ha,ha.
    I took my frozen turkey out of the fridge because it’s still hard after 4 days. Sitting on the counter for 5 hours softened it up a lot so back in fridge. Will remove either early tomorrow AM and see if I can get the gizzard bag out and then back in fridge till PM.
    The probability chart was very useful, shows we all gotta wear masks. 70% down to 5%, very significant.

• Enheduanna says:

I think the first picture is Mr. Hanky, a Christmas diety conjured from the creators of South Park – nuf said.

Hope everyone’s turkey turns out. I’m sitting this one out as are the rest of my family. I’ll probably fix myself a steak. TBH not a big fan of turkey.

Focusing on the good news lately. Biden’s cabinet picks seem pretty good to me. Vaccine news looking good. Just hope Thanksgiving doesn’t result in a huge spike although I fear it will.

I hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. At least we have Trump’s downfall to be grateful for.

Interesting IG from the Ashmolean, JJ. Another museum I really want to visit when it’s possible to do so.

JJ, I’m glad you posted about Iris Meda – her story is important. All honor to her. It’s horrible what happened because an infected student didn’t stay home.

Foreign observers are watching with trepidation — and at times disbelief — as coronavirus cases surge across the United States, and scores of Americans are choosing to follow through with plans to visit family and friends for this week’s Thanksgiving holiday anyway.
    ….
    Yap Boum, a Cameroonian epidemiologist and regional representative for Epicenter Africa, the research arm of Doctors Without Borders, said the willingness of some Americans to risk their and their family’s health to gather for a single day has left him befuddled.