Wednesday Reads: Watergate Break-In

It has been 48 years since the Watergate burglary…if only things were as simple as a little “bugging” these days…tRump would have been impeached, right?

Quote from the movie Dick (1999) :

Moving on from tRump…

Take a look at this thread:

The world is going to shit…literally.

This is an open thread.

11 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Watergate Break-In”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Still moving…I hope everyone is doing well.

• quixote says:

Oh lordy. I hope there’s an end in sight! (And even if there is, I know when you’re in the thick of it, it feels like it never gets any closer.) Hugs!

• quixote says:

I didn’t even know this was a thing! Triple-plus ungood. Xi Jinping really seems to be using people’s focus on the virus to be expanding in all directions. Seem to remember reading two other instances in the last few weeks. Don’t remember them, of course. At the time when I’m reading them it feels like same old, same old so I move on. Maybe one near Afghanistan, and one report of something in Africa? Anyway, it’s starting to feel like a pattern that he’s doing this now.

I suppose, Modi having turned himself into a dictator and all, it’s possible the Indians were pushing the envelope. Either way, very bad news. Another flash point is not what we need right now.

3. Enheduanna says:

I took a gratis travel agent cruise once to Nassau – it was a Disney ship from 30 years ago – forget the name of it. I had never liked the idea and it was pretty horrible. Stuck on a boat with nothing to do but drink and gamble or sit by a shitty looking pool. Food was pretty but tasteless.

I’ve since become repelled by the thought of them and what they do to the oceans. I don’t believe for a second they adhere to laws regarding dumping waste.

Anyway the only good thing that happened was we went to Sand Cay which is where they filmed the lagoon scenes in Gilligan’s Island. LOL

Glad to see the article – thanks for the link.