Sunday #JusticeForGeorge

Artwork by @benwildflower …click image for more information.

This is too much déjà vu…how many times have we seen the phrase “justice for…” used to represent the murder of a black man or woman or child?

View this post on Instagram

By @ashleyskywalker taken at #AFROPUNKAtlanta

A post shared by AFROPUNK (@afropunk) on

View this post on Instagram

.#saytheirnames

A post shared by Aasif Mandvi (@aasif) on

View this post on Instagram

People are in pain. We must listen.

A post shared by Kamala Harris (@kamalaharris) on

View this post on Instagram

The entire country has erupted in protests over the murder of George Floyd, another unarmed black man who was killed by the police in Minneapolis, MN. Even as hundreds of thousands of people are dying and suffering because of the Covid-19 pandemic, this has not stopped the police from murdering black people in the street. Despite the looming fear of contracting the virus, protesters gathered in the streets all around the city to demand justice for George Floyd and the countless others who have been murdered by police and to declare that black lives matter. These photos are from the rally that took place in Brooklyn, New York. Note: Activist NYC has always been a photo project documenting peaceful protesters and depicting people in a positive light. I started this project because I hate how the media always portrays protesters with violence to garner clicks and headlines. All these photos from today were captured with permission from the people. . . @peoplespowerassemblynyc @equality4flatbush #georgefloyd #justiceforgeorgefloyd #blacklivesmatter #whitesupremacy #fightwhitesupremacy #whitesupremacyisterrorism #BLM #stopwhitesupremacy #stopwhiteterrorism #fuckthepolice #FTP #policebrutality #stoppolicebrutality #stopkillingblackpeople #nojusticenopeace #silenceisviolence #jailkillercops #wewillnotbesilent #documentaryphotography #photojournalism #activistny #blacklivesmatter✊🏾 #policeaccountability #policeaccountabilitynow #endpolicebrutality #stoppoliceterror #stoppoliceviolence #icantbreathe #noracistpolice #justiceforfloyd

A post shared by Activist NYC (@activistnyc) on

View this post on Instagram

Reposted from @seedingsovereignty Catch the fire, y’all. – #regrann

A post shared by NPP (@nalgonapositivitypride) on

The protest are growing…last night my daughter sent me this message as she was driving back from Florida:

I feel this:

And also this:

This is an open thread.

14 Comments on “Sunday #JusticeForGeorge”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Just want to add this:

• Enheduanna says:

This has always been horrifying to me – the militarization of local law enforcement. Against us – the people. Tanks rolling down residential neighborhood streets – why? Where’s the corresponding threat?

Statistics for domestic abuse among law enforcement are horrible – much higher than the general public. Chauvin’s wife could very well be fleeing abuse. Stats range as high as 40%.

And can we please drug-test these goons? I’m sorry – this is an old trope but I think there’s a lot of steroid abuse involved here. I knew someone who’s young husband accidentally killed himself with steroids and he was a cop.

Anon hacked the Minneapolis police department and city hall …

6. roofingbird says:

Family members are planning to march in Spokane tonight…

• quixote says:

I am so conflicted about the marches. The cause is righteous but the virus does not care. It doesn’t care whether you’re being an idiot in a pool party or working in a slaughterhouse to survive or putting yourself on the line for peace and truth and justice.

These marches are going to turn into a corresponding spike in cases.

And yet. Jamming the phone lines just doesn’t feel the same.

I don’t know what we can do, but I’m horribly afraid this isn’t it.

• roofingbird says:

I agree with you about the COVID concern. I’m struggling more with passing the torch. It’s one thing for me to do it, and another to watch my children, and others children..I feel quite impotent, and that I failed them, that they should have to defend against this National infestation of vipers. sad, outraged, fearful, determined