Wednesday Reads: 👀 Look and See

I think this tweet by cartoonist Pat Bagley says it all:

Then there is this perspective:

View this post on Instagram

🤔

A post shared by Dr. Twyla Baker (@indigenia) on

When it all comes down to this:

And now…

This is bullshit:

And then some ass asked me…

I want to end this with a couple thoughts…

Stay safe, stay home if you can…

10 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: 👀 Look and See”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

A few updates:

• Minkoff Minx says:

From the WaPo article:

Neither Trump nor Kushner as his adviser has any legal authority to change the timing of the presidential election.

The brief and disconcerting episode raised doubts about Kushner’s familiarity with the laws and constitutional provisions governing U.S. presidential elections.

2. Pat Johnson says:

Sifting through this morning’s headlines I come across a poll number that declares that though Trump’s numbers have come done he still enjoys 41% support.

How can this be? I find it difficult to inject that even 15% still support him but 41%?

Amazing! What will it take? God knows he has broken every rule and law going yet there is still that 41% translating into millions of votes eager for another term.

I need to stop reading the news before my head bursts into flames.

• Enheduanna says:

It’s incredible to me too Pat. He’s in a statistical tie with Biden in Georgia atm, though. That’s something.

• quixote says:

Yes. Me too. That there can be that many people who are so desperate to be misogynist and racist right to their (and our) graves.

Like some still out of a Fellini movie where a dreg fights to stay on top of his/her/their pile of corpses because that way they’re on top of something.

“much as 48% when using the currently recommended dry nasal swabs”

“Dry” nasal swabs??? Not surprising. This virus wants moisture.

Infection rates were climbing at Nebraska meatpacking plants. Then health officials stopped reporting the numbers.

In a change initiated last week, Gov. Pete Ricketts (R) announced at a news conference that state health officials would no longer share figures about how many workers have been infected at each plant. The big companies weren’t sharing numbers either, creating a silence that leaves workers, their families and the rest of the public blind to the severity of the crisis at each plant.

• Enheduanna says:

This is just beyond disturbing. The blatant disregard for workers, probably mostly of immigrant stock, is shocking if not surprising. The extent to which human beings will exploit each other is beyond comprehension. I fear it will only end when there is no one left to pick our vegetables and fruit and pack our bacon.