Wednesday Reads: Big is Beautiful

So, last night we had a little thunderstorm. If y’all have Windstream and your writing a blog post on WordPress don’t do it in a thunderstorm. This post was almost complete…just needed to be scheduled and updated. But WordPress has overwritten all my updates. Meaning I have to start from the very beginning.

Anyway, let’s do this again.

Oh my darling!

She’s prettier than Elizabeth Taylor!

Hells yeah…big is beautiful.

But you know what isn’t beautiful?

This asshole:

Okay, got that out of my system.

I’ve been posting about this “incident” in Georgia for weeks now.

So check this out :

Sorry for the graphic video, but this murder is getting lost in the news. Maybe now it will get some traction?

View this post on Instagram

A cartoon by @b_a_bourgeois. #NewYorkerCartoons

A post shared by The New Yorker (@newyorkermag) on

Now some interesting things:

Ending with…”Fix your face mask!”

View this post on Instagram

“Fix your face!” (Category is: Bionics!)

A post shared by Sugardeluxe (@sugar_deluxe) on

This is an open thread.

19 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Big is Beautiful”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

If that octopus looks skeptical…what look is that brown bear giving?

• Minkoff Minx says:

Also, one more thought… if those asshole who murdered Arbery video taped their hunting down and killing…doesn’t that show intent?

• quixote says:

they’re going to say it was to have a record to prove they were right or some such crap. Like police wear body cameras. They think they’re citizen police, which, I think, not sure, is the same self-justification the Klan used back in their day.

Of course, the actual police aren’t that much better too much of the time, so maybe the scum aren’t wrong about being the “citizen” version.

What’s it going to take for people to stop mainlining racism?

3. quixote says:

Seeing this type of comment a lot on twitter: “There is no universe in which a 25-year-old white kid goes jogging in their neighborhood, gets shot and killed by two strangers in a pickup truck, and the shooters are walking free two months later like nothing happened. My heart is sick.”

Actually there is a universe like that. We live in it. Happens to white *women*. With sex crimes thrown in.

Yup.

Yes, I’ve been thinking that too. It’s so common it’s considered just the way it is and always has been and at this rate it always will be.

• Enheduanna says:

Exactly my thought as well regarding women dying from forced childbirth. I thought of the woman in that Catholic hospital they forced to carry a stillborn and it killed her of sepsis I think. Rape and sex assault ignored for the most part.

And these cases. It is heartbreaking these young black men are targets. Meanwhile scum like George Zimmerman and these freaks are still out there, Zimmerman causing harm just about everywhere he goes.

• quixote says:

I gather the Dauphin is getting involved in steering the US vaccine endeavor. Definitely smelling of good grifting opportunities