Wednesday Reads: Dumb Place

It doesn’t stop…

If I close my eyes, sometimes a state of denial takes over and I feel a sense of comfort. Then I come back to reality….

Fuck Bernie Sanders.

The latest debate is over:

Take a look at this thread…

Other candidates can be found at the link above. It is a cute response to a monstrous situation.

Was I the only one who felt that the moderators where giving Bloomberg a pass about all this, it was a disgusting push against Warren when it clearly needs to be addressed. At the same time however, Bernie Sanders has his own problems with anti-woman statements and actions. Warren needs to be consistent with her criticism. You can’t go after one misogynistic asshole, and leave the other alone.

Finally, I think this would be a good look for her:

This is an open thread.

18 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Dumb Place”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Oh boy:

2. Minkoff Minx says:

This says a lot about these three women …

4. Enheduanna says:

Hope everyone is feeling better today. That Onion Instagram picture of Warren is hysterical. I sent her some love today after reading her Plan for containing pandemics.

ABC News has an article about Dumbo’s news conference today – the comments are all negative. I didn’t see a single kind comment. I hope people are finally getting fed up. You’d think there’d be a few bot comments. Who in their right mind would trust Dumbo with their lives and the lives of their family?

I trust her …

• Enheduanna says:

Compared to these women Dumbo & Co. aren’t even up to rank amateur level.

I work from home and lead a pretty isolated existence but we all have to go out to the grocery, don’t we. My neighbor’s little girl comes over sometimes and I’m a little concerned now as she goes to public elementary school. Occasionally I have dinner with friends and folks and go to the movies. Guess that will be on hiatus.

Oh and my work is heavily reliant on a healthy air travel industry. {sigh} At least I’m old enough to retire and collect SS.

Poor? Trump thinks you should die …

• quixote says:

Well, of course. Because everyone knows that when poor people catch a contagious disease they just quietly die and never pass it on to real people. A real stable genius way to keep it from spreading.

/*endless screaming*/

• purplefinn says:

So funny!

• Sweet Sue says:

I don’t like that all of our remaining candidates are white because that does not reflect our party. But did people of color send money to Harris, Booker or Castro? That’s why they had to drop out-no money.

• quixote says:

Nobody can survive on small individual contributions when up against others with access to PACs.

Earlier on, I think it was Bernie having testerics about purity and eschewing corporate shilldom. Harris and I believe Booker fell for it. Castro I’m not so sure. Bernie himself, meanwhile, has access to all sorts of bizarre dark money pots (including a certain amount of Russian money funneling in!) but he doesn’t call them PACs, so that’s okay.

Point being, Harris, at least, raised huge amounts from small individual donations. Until we reform our politics, though, you’re up against PACs, which are a bit like nukes. You don’t stand a chance unless you have nukes of your own.