Sunday: Standing Ovation…

This weekend was the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall.

I graduated high school in June of 1988, so this bringing down of the wall was a huge thing to live through. Seeing all these photos brings so much of the memories back.

Germany is trying to teach the orange turd (🍊💩) a lesson:

I don’t think it is going to work, not with tRump. For as you can see, 🍊💩 finally got his praise:

Of course the south loves tRump, just check out these “Blacks for Trump” …

Let’s get away from this asshole for a bit…

Give that thread and article a read through.

I will end it with this:

Check out some of the replies.

This is an open thread.

15 Comments on “Sunday: Standing Ovation…”

there we go … for some reason the comments were turned off …

And of course, we saw this coming …

4. palhart says:

I’ve read Mike Bloomberg’s bio. At this juncture, I don’t know much about him. He’s a billionaire ($57.1B), an older white male. and has jumped from one party to the other. I like many of his political stances enough to follow him if he decides to run a serious campaign. I wish he were a woman candidate to fight for and represent us. I don’t know how blacks and latinos will react to him.

We have no choice but to find someone who will beat trump at the polls next November. He has the potential to crush and intimidate trump. I can’t take 4 more years of a trump administration.

He’s a racist and misogynist. Stop and frisk was his policy.

• quixote says:

Exactly. He’s against minimum wage regulations, forget *living* wages. He figures people have nothing to complain about because women can get jobs now so there’s two paychecks and anyone who’s having a hard time just isn’t trying hard enough. (Not verbatim, but the gist is accurate.) I’ve heard he doesn’t believe in retraining people for tech jobs because “those people” can’t learn that stuff because they’re “wired wrong.”

The guy is toxic like Repubs have been toxic since St. Raygun. It’s only on a background of a Dumpsterfire that he even begins to seem plausible.

• quixote says:

And now I see this: Links to an article in the Atlantic with the subtitle quoting Bloomberg, “‘I’d do her’: Mike Bloomberg and the underbelly of #MeToo”.

I can’t bear to click through and find the details. All I can think is, yup, another one.

7. Enheduanna says:

Wow – that Royal Blue Grandala is stunning!

I’ve got a piece of the Berlin Wall my sister collected shortly after the fall when she lived in the Netherlands. They went to Berlin and she described hordes of people chipping away at the wall with chisels and so forth. Guards would walk by and scatter people then keep walking and everyone would just move back up and start chipping away again. They didn’t really care.

I traveled to Germany about 10 days after the fall of the wall myself but never got to Berlin. We crossed over the border to Quedlinburg – a beautifully preserved medieval town. It was so much more authentic than the Disney-like restorations of old towns in the west. The contrast was unforgettable between east and west. People flocked over to the west in their shabby little Trabant cars to get TVs and toilet paper. It was an amazing glimpse of history.

• quixote says:

Another truth.

Another complete nonabsorption by almost everybody and zero actionable lessons learned.

Also worth pointing out that at least on the lefter side, the BernieBros stand head and shoulders above any competition in trolldom. And Bernie is apparently fine with that.

You’d think after Dump people might have an inkling that gleefully abusing women is a sign of willingness to abuse anybody once they can get away with it.

On Sunday, National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien said Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who gave a bombshell testimony in the House impeachment investigation last month on President Donald Trump’s Ukraine scheme, will be removed from his post at the White House National Security Council.