Wednesday Reads: Bam

Yes, it was a good night in Kentucky and Virginia… I think it is safe to say that tRump got Booed in both states…

In other disturbing news:

I think Aaron Klein at Beirbart beat him to it:

I just don’t want to actually look and see….it disgust me too much.

Meanwhile:

This is an open thread….

43 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Bam”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Well, I am late as usual. I just wanted to explain why my post have been mostly an aggregate of tweets…it looks like my dementia has progressed some. I find it very difficult to type out full sentences. I know what I want to say, but my fingers do not respond to my thoughts. It is very frustrating. Trying to do a long post gets me so upset that I give up. I thought it was something brought on by my depression from loosing my mother. But after seeing the doctor, it is definitely something more disturbing. Which also accounts for my absence from the blog’s comments. I am just disgusted with myself. Anyway, I still read the blog and I am still hanging out in the shadows…I am just keeping to myself. I love you all.

Love you too JJ … we’ll take whatever you can give and appreciate it so much. We’re your family too!!

Love you, JJ. Gentle hugs for you.

• Sweet Sue says:

Sending all good wishes to you, JJ. I second the thought that anything you can share is a gift.

• Enheduanna says:

JJ I love the tweets – I don’t have time during the day to browse Twitter and it’s nice to have someone curate them. Amee Vanderpool is a scream in that one!

Also love the toons!

JJ,

I love your posts whether there are complete sentences or not. Anything you post reflects your unique personality and point of view. BTW, your comment is quite coherent. I love you too and wish you only the best this world has to offer.

• lililam says:

The fact that you are picking out the most timely and meaningful tweets for us reveals great talent and skill, as far as I can tell.

• palhart says:

JJ, we all do enjoy reading your posts. I know the frustration of slow and careful assisted walking due to arthritic hips as I am on my way to a second hip replacement next month. I try to appreciate what I can do well or adequately. Your case is more dire than mine, but I sympathize with anyone who finds her normal capacities compromised. Please be kind to yourself and ask for help. I’ve found people don’t seem to mind holding doors open for me or picking up something I’ve dropped (I can’t pick up anything on the floor without my “reacher”).

• quixote says:

Oh, JJ. So, so, so, so sorry to hear that. Your posts always shine with your wonderful perspective (sometimes with a bite like a wolverine). Keep them coming when you feel like it!

As for the difficulties that keep piling themselves on you, I — I just wish you courage and strength and as much ability to take things a day at a time as there is. Hugs and all that, even though the cyber ones are kind of pale 😦 .

• RonStill4Hills says:

Lvoe and support. Just knowing you are here is encouragement to us all!

And so I really don’t want to share this but it is what it is … Republicans Stealing elections…

WTAF? So Republicans can just decide that votes for other candidates really should have gone to their candidate? They’re not even trying to hide their corruption.

Stivers said he thought Bevin’s speech declining to concede to Beshear was “appropriate.” He said believes most of the votes that went to Libertarian John Hicks, who received about 2% of the total vote, would have gone to Bevin and made him the clear winner.

• Enheduanna says:

So this sore loser thinks the libertarian votes should be awarded to Bevin? They only do that in Democratic primaries IIRC.

I’m surprised the narrow margin didn’t automatically trigger a recount.

Evidently no recounts unless appeal to a court decision.

• quixote says:

There are perfectly legitimate ways to do that. it’s called ranked choice voting. You implement it *before* an election.

Most of Anderson’s votes would have gone to Carter, so a sensible ranked choice system would have saved us from the whole greed-is-good Reagan nightmare. And would have saved us from even having to hear about knobs like Bevin because the country wouldn’t have lost its mind through being ripped off by Gordon Gekkos.

Moving this up so you can explain it to me before I hit my daughter there with more questions including the stupid father that attends his daughter’s ob/gyn appointment to make sure her hymen is in tack

Response to sexist snool below.

Council race–( moving response up from yesterday): Agree. I’m in a different council district but no way would I vote for that techieprogboy. Sickening amount of money has been poured into this year’s council race. There’s also an affirmative action referendum on the ballot and corporate money has flowed into opposing that also. Looks like it is narrowly going down to defeat. 😦

and this be the jerky dad

T.I. Reveals He Goes To The Gynecologist Every Year With Daughter Deyjah To Ensure Her Hymen Is Still Intact

Weigh on in … I’m appalled. Children are not property! Daughters are not breeding stock!!!

• Enheduanna says:

I hope very much that this won’t scar his daughter – that she isn’t repressing anger or going to act out and retaliate in a harmful way some day. Because this is beyond excessive parental control and shame on the doctors who cooperate with this.

I hope she will be OK and grow up to understand she is her own person some day. And her sister too. I hope he never has any more daughters.

• quixote says:

“Won’t” scar his daughter?! I’m certain it already has!

To think there was a long ago time when I thought we’d gotten past all that in about the 9th century.

This is abusive. It’s also plain ignorance. An intact hymen requires surgical intervention when the girl starts menstruating. Girls have developed agonizing pain and even infection when menstrual blood continues to be retained due to an imperforate hymen (the medical term).

The hymen self-perforates during normal fetal development. Idiot men without knowledge of normal female bodies!

Hymens also will gradually and naturally part (or part further) during childhood activities such as horseback riding and other physical exercise.

This brute probably wishes “his” females were cut and sewn up. Perhaps we should sew boys’ penises into curls to ensure purity until marriage.

• Sweet Sue says:

That’s disgusting.

Now that is presidential!

Compare Amy Klobuchar’s response to Mayor Pete’s snippy and clueless attack on Julian Castro. She’s way above him on temperament (every other quality too).

Go Boston Doctors and Nurses and Lab Techs and who ever else is standing there

• Enheduanna says:

LOL – the thread is pretty hilarious. One of the protesters recreated a hoodie coat with “I DO care, do you?”…..

Lots of boooooooos, too. hahahahaha

Oooh! Wish I was there so bad!

I tweeted it this morning. They are worried about her being associated with the hospital and damaging its reputation. LOL

We had one of those nasty MagRat hatefests in Monroe LA which is basically KKK central for LA because of lot of its population is KKK that fled the troops Eisenhower, JFK, and LBG sent into Mississippi.

History lesson for the day:

How can we identify a tyrant from a man of public spirit? Every tyrant launches his political path as a raw flatterer of the people, knowing that this is the surest path to use to enslave and destroy his country, to bring it under the dominion of its worst citizens—those who feel no duty to the community but seek only to enrich themselves, those whose approval the instinctive tyrant has always sought and seeks to this day still.

—Dionysius of Halicarnassus, Antiquitates romanæ lib vi, cap lx (25 BCE)

• quixote says:

“the surest path to bring [the country] under the dominion of its worst citizens [is raw flattery]”

It is depressing to remember how all this was obvious over two thousand years ago and how we seem to have learned next to nothing in all that time.

/*endless screaming*/

And if you need a good cry … watch this ….