Wednesday Reads: Broken

Still broken.

Open thread.

26 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Broken”

1. Enheduanna says:

Hope you are healing JJ – I know it can’t be easy.

Also hoping Dak keeps her feet dry – again. Between the hurricane and river flooding that must be a mess down there.

Gentle hugs for you, JJ.

3. quixote says:

Not that it helps anything at a time like this, but your title reminded me that Hindus have a goddess, Akhilandeshwari, one of whose names translates as Never-Not-Broken. One of her superpowers being that she always lets the light in.

{Thinking of you}

4. RonStill4Hills says:

I have too sayings:

“This too shall suck.”

“That which does not kill us is still be a pain in the ass.”

I don’t know what is going on but I am on your side and in your corner. Persevere, overcome.

To quote my favorite line from “The Incredibles”, “Go! Confront the problem! Fight! Win! And call me when you get back darling, I enjoy our visits.” ~ Edna Mode

I just thought of another one, “If you can’t beat ’em out last the bastards!”

I draw a lot of strength from you guys so I hope I can give some back.

• quixote says:

(JJ’s mother recently passed away, Ron. Always a very tough time. One of those where all you can really do is get up in the morning and keep your hair as neat as you can. You’re older, if I remember right, so you probably know exactly how it is.)

• Enheduanna says:

This is the kind of spine the Democratic Party needs. The time for genteel civility is long gone – we are in an emergency situation. This is the only kind of politics the Dump base understands or respects. Notice also how it contrasts with Joe Biden’s wistful longing for the return of bipartisan politics.

The Hill did an excellent job of choosing photos too!

My hood:

10. Sweet Sue says:

Sorry, JJ. Your pain will ease with time.

I love you JJ. You are in my thoughts every day.

This is a hoot and a holler to read …

Ghosted by Bernie: Sanders’ fireworks fizzle on an Iowa Fourth
    BY ROBERT LEONARD

“Bob, local radio,” I said, getting the attention of Sanders’ staff. “Any chance I can ask the senator a question or two when he gets here?”

Silence. Then, “Uhm … we’ll see what his mood is,” said one.

I took that for a no. I wasn’t surprised. Three calls to his campaign about a potential interview during the visit had gone unreturned.

“Don’t worry,” a reporter for a big-three network told me reassuringly, “we hardly ever get to ask a question either.”

This is disturbing. How could she not have been aware?

14. RonStill4Hills says:

I am not sure what is going on with Nancy and the Freshmen but I do not like it.

We need to get our sh!t together and keep it together.

I am bone tired of hearing how the party is straying too far left.

The Repugs have gone completely berserk, they have babies in cages for Christ’s sake and we are afraid to make a full throat endorsement of universal health insurance!

The Democratic Party reminds me of the old Lincoln quote:

“Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant to step the ocean and crush us at a blow? Never! All the armies of Europe, Asia, and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest, with a Bonaparte for a commander, could not by force take a drink from the Ohio or make a track on the Blue Ridge in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer. If it ever reach us it must spring up amongst us; it cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide.”

If not for in-fighting and Jill Steinery, Hills would be President now. In spite of the Putin/Trump conspiracy.

When will we stop self-sabotaging.