We’re number One Again!!!!

26 Comments on “We’re number One Again!!!!”

I probably stepped on JJ’s toes but just had to put this up!!!

I’ll be around Monday Morning to give you my take on the candidates who spoke at the 25th Essence Fest. I didn’t hang around for Beto or Mayor Pete but saw the others.

Happy PAY WOMEN THE SAME Sunday!

2. joanelle says:

They played beautifully, do happy they won!

This is so fun …

Crowd in stadium chants ‘equal pay’ after U.S. women’s soccer World Cup victory

Chants of “equal pay” reverberated from the bleachers of Stade de Lyon in France on Sunday following the U.S. women’s national team’s 2-0 victory over Netherlands to win the FIFA Women’s World Cup.

Videos posted on social media showed different sections of fans repeatedly and loudly chanting “equal pay,” a reference to the disparity between the income of the U.S. women’s and men’s national teams.

Yeah, it’s “Fuck Trump”

6. jackyt says:

Yesterday, on CBC, the point was made that the men’s team hasn’t even made the finals since 1988. If that’s the best they can do, maybe the men’s team should drop to 38% of the women’s team pay!

That makes sense. Pay for performance.

• quixote says:

what makes the most sense from a corporate perspective is to pay based on the amount of money the sport brings in. (From a human and health perspective, no, but let’s just go with corporate.)

The US Women’s soccer team has brought in *more* money than the men’s, including all the ancillaries.

So the women’s team should be paid *more* than the men’s.

Love all the fun tweets about our Women’s World Cup champions.

• RonStill4Hills says:

I am getting tired of having to talk about the Delaware Dinosaur, Gropeasaurus Vex, but the media is so hell bent on rehabilitating his every misstep. To me this isn’t about policy. It isn’t about the specifics of busing, which I maintain was prematurely abandoned because of a massive parental temper tantrum, it isn’t about the 1994 crime bill, although that surely cost Hills votes in 2016, and it isn’t about the hide amendment, not specifically. It isn’t even about finding common ground with political enemies. But it is about all those things.

What Uncle Creepy has to answer for us not the specific positions he has taken over the years, it is his pattern of selling out his so called allies when the politics call for it. Busing is just one case in point. When the politics were there he had no problem throwing Blacky (African American political interests) under the bus (pun intended) and making common cause with our worst enemy.

Time and time again Women, blacks and other democratic constituencies has been sacrificed on the altar of centrism.

Well , it is a new goddamned day. I trust Kamala and Elizabeth to cut my deals with the GOP.

Next subject please.

Makes me think I should wear cheek pads or figure out how to use highlighter/contour-type makeup before my next driver’s license renewal.

DMV databases become part of unprecedented surveillance infrastructure

The FBI and ICE have turned state driver’s license databases into a facial-recognition gold mine, scanning through millions of Americans’ photos without their knowledge or consent, newly released documents show.