Wednesday Reads: Taunts

In the last few days, it seems everyone has become…what is the phrase, armchair quarterbacks?

I think some of these comments are becoming more like taunts, yelled over a castle wall. What I want to know, is when will the cow be sent via catapult to instigate the need for Nancy to build a large wooden badger. (Honey Badger of course.)

Here is George Conway giving his thoughts on the founding fathers interpretation of impeachment… and how they would have seen the situation regarding tRump.

That is the last two tweets of a longer thread, but KellyAnne Conway’s husband is poking a stick at a tiger.

Of course the case of tRump would have been an easy one for the founders of the country. They already said fuck you to a tyrannical despot king…tRump is nothing more than a tyrannical authoritarian dictator…have another fuck you tRump and take Benedict Arnold with you.

The point is, from my personal armchair…I can’t understand how this fucker is still getting away with this shit.

I’m totally disgusted.

This is an open thread.

32 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Taunts”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Sorry about the short thread. I have to head over to Bebe again.

2. RonStill4Hills says:

Anyone dismayed at Trumps escalating disregard for the rule of law should ask Neville Chamberlain about it.

I am sure that he (or his ghost actually) will tell you that appeasement has very predictable consequences. For one the tyrant begins to believe in his own genius and invincibility.

Trump believes that he can get away with anything and that his adversaries are incapable of checking him.

Some of that is believing his own propaganda, but some of that is his experience so far.

Up till now his strategy has paid off, let’s call it “Shitzkrieg.”

Well, fine we are at the point were General Pelosi and the congress need to go Eisenhower on his a$$.

That suing everything he doesn’t like …

The comparison with Chamberlain is so appropriate. And it’s even worse in this case because the threat is within instead of outside the country.

• quixote says:

Oh man my stomach hurts from laughing. I know it’s not really funny, all we got now is gallows humor, but this is the *best* gallows humor.

***Shitzkrieg***

PERfect.

What else can we get from a kakistocracy?

With that definition of “consent,” it’s not robbery if you “consent” to give away your wallet and phone because there’s a gun to your head.

Good analogy but then consider there are men on the conservative side of that bench that appear to be congenitally unable to figure out what consent means and I’m sure the Bretster is there to further confuse them.

Why the hell are Dems being meek and worried about reaction from the right? The fanatics will never want to work with Dems no matter what.

It’s like telling an abused woman to be nice to her abuser. The abuser will beat her anyway.

6. Enheduanna says:

And I hope the queen gives him the bum’s rush in the UK again:

They’re planning a bigger better baby blimp for him – hahahaha

Hahaha!

• Enheduanna says:

Good article. I think their press is much better than ours.

If he gets the carriage ride I hope someone lobs an egg at it.

From CNN, but no official statements yet.

Deutsche Bank has begun the process of providing financial records to New York state’s attorney general in response to a subpoena for documents related to loans made to President Donald Trump and his business

Last month, the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James issued subpoenas for records tied to funding for several Trump Organization projects.

The state’s top legal officer opened a civil probe after Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen testified to Congress in a public hearing that Trump had inflated his assets. Cohen at that time presented copies of financial statements he said had been provided to Deutsche Bank. The New York attorney general’s office declined to comment.

The bank is in the process of turning over documents, including emails and loan documents, related to Trump International Hotel in Washington, DC; the Trump National Doral Miami; the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Chicago; and the unsuccessful effort to buy the NFL’s Buffalo Bills [according to a person familiar with the production]. A spokeswoman for Deutsche Bank officially declined to comment.

More good wonkiness!

And this:

9. RonStill4Hills says:

Warren is impressing me more and more with her positions.

Joe Scam-bro was knocking her the other day for having too many detailed policy proposals, claiming that it was too much substance that dogged Hillary Clinton.

Not the hundreds of millions of dollars of free air time given to her opponent to lie and demagogue.

Not the hundreds of hours of negative coverage about made up baseless scandals.

Wonkiness? That is what did her in?

To paraphrase an old saying, “Don’t piss down my back and tell me I consented.”

F- Off Joe. Funny how Elizabeth was the toast of MSNBC when they thought she could hurt Hillary. Now she can’t buy a headline.

Warren and Harris are the only two candidates remotely interesting to me at this point.

Sounds like a ticket to me.

• Enheduanna says:

Warren should have called Joe up during the show and demanded to be heard. I’m sure she could have pushed back on the “too policy-focused” hit.

Our press is a disgrace. She had just come off a stellar appearance at SheThePeople so I guess they figured they had to clobber her some way.

They’d be my dream ticket too!