Wednesday Afternoon Reads: True Colors

Everything is running behind lately, and it feels like a fog. Here are your cartoons…

12/05 Mike Luckovich: Sinking

12/04 Mike Luckovich: Na gonna do it

12/05/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath -

Tariffman!: 12/05/2018 Cartoon by Ed Hall

Cartoon by Ed Hall - Tariffman!

Gut brain: 11/30/2018 Cartoon by Ed Hall

Cartoon by Ed Hall - Gut brain

BROTHERS from ANOTHER MOTHER: 12/03/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - BROTHERS from ANOTHER MOTHER

MASickA: 11/30/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - MASickA

The Refugee Cycle: 12/05/2018 Cartoon by Jen Sorensen

Cartoon by Jen Sorensen - The Refugee Cycle

Hidden agenda: 12/04/2018 Cartoon by Adam Zyglis

Cartoon by Adam Zyglis - Hidden agenda

Last night at practice, the mother of our youngest player was passing around an address book for everyone to add their information. Everyone except me. It was blatantly apparent that she purposely did not want to include me in her reindeer games. This mutha is a tRump supporter, and even though I put this fact behind me…it is obvious her true colors come through.

All the same, it made me feel like shit.

Anyway, this is an open thread.

Advertisements

22 Comments on “Wednesday Afternoon Reads: True Colors”

1. joanelle says:

As your one cartoon points our He has s–t for brains and you should know my now most of his followers do too. Most of my long time friends are republicans of varying degrees, and they have finally come to understand that no longer listen to them, soooo they don’t talk politics around me anymore and I can see that it frustrates them (oh goody, goody) and even the most staunch of them are now starting to admit that T rump is, (OMG) s–t for brains!
    Don’t let those those turkeys get you down, kiddo!

2. Enheduanna says:

You should be proud she doesn’t like you JJ. Just let her stew in her own resentment.

Thanks for the cartoons – hope you are warm and cozy.

Being dissed by a Trump supporter is a badge of honor.

• Minkoff Minx says:

I guess so….but the whole team is anti-tRump, I was the only one left off the book. I think she is taking over as Treasurer. Needless to say, I think I will no longer be cash for team fees.

That’s weird. She must have very poor taste in people.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Sometimes,, it is perfectly acceptable, when they go low, fuck’em.

Her shitty little club doesn’t deserve you. 🙂

• Enheduanna says:

I used to get this treatment everywhere – in most places I worked as well. It does cause you to reflect along the lines “what is wrong with me”? I think it’s because you are different – you’re from the North for one thing. Or they feel threatened because of your intelligence.You have friends and are very much appreciated – don’t base your feelings about yourself on that group. Southern women can be very catty and shallow, not sure about other places.

• Enheduanna says:

That did not post right.

They may feel threatened because of your intelligence.

You have friends….

Ha! Trumpist thought she was being snooty but actually she’s spared you the need to find an excuse for not going to a party where everyone rants about the war on Xmas and how much they like to see kids in cages.

5. OG says:

I hate being left our.

• OG says:

Hit send by mistake.

I hate being left out. Anyone in the group you trust enough to act as a spy to find out why you were left out.

Or you could just ask her. Tell her you noticed and assume she forgot to ask you for your address.

6. Sweet Sue says:

I feel like I’m going nuts. Why do all the pundits say that Trump dissed the Clintons but do not mention that he also ignored the Carters? Is it only spicy if Bill and Hillary are involved? Sally Quinn suggested that Hillary was being rude for refusing to look his way (maybe she was afraid she’d turn to stone?) Quinn, like Dowd, has never gotten over her jealousy of HRC. Quinn is such a rhymes with runt.

• Enheduanna says:

Quinn has long had CDS – she’s a first-class snob and couldn’t handle that they were from Arkansas (gasp!).

People like her have zero class IMO.

• Sweet Sue says:

Agree! She wouldn’t dare snub the Obamas like that because that would subject her to criticisms of racism and that’s so passe, dahling, but classism and misogyny are perfectly acceptable to the Georgetown crowd.

• Enheduanna says:

I sometimes wonder if Dowd had a thing for WJC and he snubbed her. She’s a piece of work, too. She was on Shuck Todd’s MTP last night (I think it was MTP) and her face is totally fked up from plastic surgery.

Did she say anything about the Pences snubbing the Obamas?