Wednesday Reads: Booger Off!

Banjoville…home of the Booger Hollow gas station. Yes, that is a real location in this tRump nation…Kemptown, USA. The whole town is filled to the brim with 30%-ters. I would guess that when the totals for the county come in…the votes for Stacey Abrams will be under 100.

This town is full of tRumps. Assholes who have been married over three times…yeah, they screw around on each other with each other constantly. It is disgusting when you know who is fucking who…and everyone knows, because the dirt spreads like some reality TV show via local gossip or the Banjoville Topix. (Not to mention the swingers that seem to creep around everywhere.) I am no prude but Chlamydia runs rampant in this “God fearing, Christian” town.

Like tRump, the town folk are racist as shit. Bigoted, misogynist, homophobic, genuine KKK members…you get what I am saying. They are full of hate, but damn if they aren’t fanatic about “Jeezus!”

And if tRump is pro-life, well fuckitall! That thar’s jesta bownuss!

Here is some cartoons:

The King and HIm: 10/16/2018 Cartoon by Steve Artley

Cartoon by Steve Artley - The King and HIm

10/13/2018 Cartoon by Steve Artley

Cartoon by Steve Artley -

Suppression: 10/16/2018 Cartoon by Paul Fell

Cartoon by Paul Fell - Suppression

Only, voter suppression is not a fucking made up monster!

10/16/2018 Cartoon by Joel Pett

Cartoon by Joel Pett -

10/15/2018 Cartoon by John Cole

Cartoon by John Cole -

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon: 10/12/2018 Cartoon by Clay Bennett

Cartoon by Clay Bennett - Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

10/18 Mike Luckovich: The butt stops here.

10/11 Mike Luckovich: Purged!

10/16 Mike Luckovich: Attempted theft

I think I will end it there with Luckovich…this is an open thread.

32 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Booger Off!”

1. RonStill4Hills says:

Kavanaugh with Trayvon, Tamar, et al. makes me a little choked up. And Orangutrump has the nerve to talk about guilty until proven innocent. His tongue should shrivel and fall out.

Wow. Even the cartoons are getting way too real these days.

• quixote says:

Yes. Exactly. The one about, “See? We love minorities.” got a bit of a one-sided nonsmile out of me, but it all just hurts.

I really appreciate you pulling them all together, JJ. It’s the only take on the news I can look at.

3. Thank you for the ‘toons. The news is so horrifying that I almost can’t use words. Pictures with words help.

Lucovich is a genius. That is all. Some of them have me so choked up … I still can’t believe the voter suppression shit. Thank goodness rachel is keeping track of it and the NAACP is going after all of it in court. We can’t let any more Republican court appointments get through or we’ve lost everything. No person of color, GLBT person or woman will be recognized as a moral agent and human before the law if they stack the courts with all those fresh young NAZIS and christofacists.

Proud Boys seem to be a bunch of nasty closet cases … Lady Lindsey … your peeps be calling ya!!!

If we get a Democratic President in 2020 s/he’ll bring that down nicely, but it will be a helluva lot of work — and need a Dem-majority House and Senate.

7. RonStill4Hills says:

Today I have to do my Financial Crimes Training: Anti-Bribery, Anti-Collusion, Anti-Sanctions Violation, Anti-Insider Trading, Anti-Money Laundering compliance.

Everything Il Douchebag does everyday.

I feel that the universe is rubbing it in my face that Republicans have successfully decided that rules only apply to whom they say, when they say.

Yeah. The only thing I’m thanking my lucky stars is that t never have to see him come in to “Hail to the Chief” or it will forever be changed in my mind to ‘Hail to the Thief”

Have fun!

Oh. Do you work for a large organization too? Ever since 11/2016 I’ve seethed with anger at having to do annual training on how not to be a fraudulent, treasonous, sexually harassing, misogynist, racist, bribery-accepting person.

• Enheduanna says:

I think it’s the only way corporations can reduce their liability in these cases – show that they made everyone take ethics compliance courses. We have mandatory computer training mostly about bribery. We had a recent one on cyber security that was actually informative – about phishing scams and so forth.

Speaking of shooting NAZI wads …

9. teele says:

Sure glad the Booger Hollow sign has “locally-owned” at the bottom. Otherwise, I’d never have guessed.

Not enough voters tossed out of the voting rolls? Well, this will cut down on voting.