The end is here… Sunday Open Thread

It is much more than that.

It is that.

I’ve nothing else to say.

Advertisements

18 Comments on “The end is here… Sunday Open Thread”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

I hope y’all can read this:

• RonStill4Hills says:

It is astonishing.

Only some are stupid. Those are the top ten percent. The rest are genuinely deplorable.

• quixote says:

When all the horribleness is lined up like that, makes you remember how deep their hatred of women and all people of color is to outweigh all that.

What has happened to them in their lives to make them feel so useless except for their whiteness?

Feeling left behind can’t explain it. Poor blacks and hispanics are even more left behind and they’re not all screaming meemies because of it.

What happened to them?

I don’t see anything in your comment except your “I hope you can all read this:’

• quixote says:

Nothing shows up for me either. I saw it by looking up the url in the page source. It’s a facebook post and those tend to be problematic. Copy this url: https://www.facebook.com/1109825107/posts/10216749595868149/ [oh, hey, just checked and the link works when clicked],and paste into address bar. (I’m not sure you can do that on a phone. Works on computers.)

• joanelle says:

Thank you for the link, Quixote. I agree with the message, in fact it’s the only explanation that makes it heir behavior understandable.

• RonStill4Hills says:

FYI- at first it was shifted in such a way that the far right end was off the page. Now it is all readable, thanks.

Hmm, far right end off the page? Metaphor from the universe?

That photo is powerful and disturbing. So is the quote from Carter.

Continuing from Saturday’s post: Bulls are vegetarians, so “bullshit” must be too.

Right-wing slime spreading across the world. Unnerving.

Brazilian far-right candidate narrowly misses an outright win

A far-right former military man won nearly half the votes in Brazil’s presidential election on Sunday, raising the strong prospect that he could take the helm of Latin America’s largest nation in a runoff later this month.

Bolsonaro’s performance represented a stunning march forward for a burgeoning global movement of right-wing nationalists who have captured the top political jobs in the United States, Eastern Europe and the Philippines. Bolsonaro’s strongman approach to politics and his praise for the former military dictatorship have raised fears that he would move Brazil away from liberal democracy. Bolsonaro has denied such intentions.

Let me guess, there’s a lot of POC here.