Sunday Reads: In love and fancy free….

Marian Kamensky – TRUMPKIM ARE FALLING IN LOVE Bitte lesen

Seriously…

It is disgusting.

Here is a few tweets of note:

I can’t find anything funny in this, but the commentary on “female prosecutor” was on point.

There was a tsunami/earthquake overnight:

I think I need a break…from everything!

This is an open thread.

25 Comments on “Sunday Reads: In love and fancy free….”

1. roofingbird says:

Just gotta say, that first cartoon, euwww!

Kamensky’s cartoons often do that for me. But then, Trump is sickening, and going all bro-love over Kim is worse. Kim probably sent a flattering letter with no substance knowing Trump would fall for it.

• Sweet Sue says:

You have to wonder how the Warmbiers are feeling right now? Trump is a madman. So are a minority of our countrymen. Did the Mountaineers cheer when Trump told them that he and Kim “fell in love?”

My electricity has been of for like 4 hours and now my internet is acting wonky. I feel like I live in a developing nation.

That’s got to be frustrating and worrisome. I hope your utilities get back to working right soon. How’s the roof?

• Sweet Sue says:

Did you call your electric company? There’s usually a recorded explanation of the outage cause and when you can expect service to return. So frustrating.

“hundreds of children … under cover of darkness”

Despicable. This is what a racist despotic government does.

LOL. We both thought this was telling — I posted it above.

• lililam says:

A very accurate list- I do, and/ or have done almost every single item on the list- I think the only one missing is the “no jogging at night’, since this girl doesn’t jog!

“Take karate training.”
          “Keep house locked when home even in daytime.”
          “Wear clothes I can run & punch in.”

• quixote says:

I remember that research from the 1990s (?). Is this the same thing republicized (which it should be, on billboards!) or a replication to confirm previous results?

11. Sweet Sue says:

When you’re walking down a city street-especially at night-don’t walk so close to the buildings that some man can grab you from the alley and pull you in. But, don’t walk so close to the curb that some man can grab you and stuff you into his car. Straight down the middle, eyes in the back of your head.

12. RonStill4Hills says:

That list is an eye opener.

It amazes me sometimes how many ways there are that it is hard to be a woman that men never think about.

I don’t mean “neutral/natural” difficulties like cramps and PMS,that aren’t our fault. I am strictly talking about things for which men and patriarchy are responsible. Like being made a sex object (or better yet being made unsafe) at school, church, work, earth. Making less money. Not having your word mean as much as the word of the more privileged class.

It reminds me of how I feel when I see issues like racism and privilege being discussed. You can’t even get some Americans to recognize the privilege associated with being American, much less getting them to acknowledge the privileges of being a straight white Christian male. Just listen to Orangutrump go on about how the rest of the world is taking us to the cleaners….the victimhood of the privileged class is staggering.

But let me analogies racism and misogyny to cancer.

With cancer you can minimize risk factors and impact. Avoiding risk factors like smoking and exposure to carcinogens, getting regular screenings, promoting general health with diet and exercise. And the individual who does all those things perfectly may still get fucking cancer.

Similarly minorities and women can maximize education, avoid lifestyle factors known to limit opportunity and upward mobility, actively work with networks and organizations that fight discrimination and promotes ways to overcome it. Ask Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama iwhether or not people who do everything perfectly to overcome “race and gender bias” can still fall victim to it.

Now, here is where the analogy falls apart and this is basically my whole point. Nobody tries to pretend like cancer doesn’t fucking exist.

Don’t let these evil sins of bitches get away with gaslighting is any further!!!