Wednesday Reads: Bully for him…all of himz….

Last night I said a prayer…in Hebrew. (Yeah, I can remember that from all those years back when I “converted” for my first husband.) I lit my two candles and Temple of India incense before my Virgin Marys, Lady of Guadalupe, La Morenetas, Green Tara and Hillary Clinton statues…I pulled out all the stops, you would say, to ask for strength to get through this shit. Only to find out that the woman who the GOP dickwads at the Kavanaugh hearing have got to question Dr. Ford is the sexual assault prosecutor for Maricopa County.

Who is Rachel Mitchell, the Arizona prosecutor chosen to question Kavanaugh and his accuser? – The Washington Post

Mitchell is a registered Republican and has donated to the campaign of Mark Brnovich, Arizona’s Republican attorney general. But Nannetti, her predecessor and former supervisor, said that she has- never known Mitchell to be influenced by politics.

“Rachel will do her job as a professional,” Nannetti told The Washington Post. “And she will do it with the utmost respect to the committee. She does not play politics when it comes to anything involving her work.”

Under the leadership of then-Sheriff Joe Arpaio, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office did not thoroughly investigate hundreds of sex crimes that were reported between 2005 and 2007. After those files were turned over to the county attorney’s office, Mitchell was one of the prosecutors who sorted through them to figure out which cases were still viable, Nannetti said. She later conducted training sessions for the sheriff’s office, in hopes of avoiding a repeat.

[…]

Mitchell has not entirely avoided controversy during her 26-year career at the county attorney’s office. In 2003, the Phoenix New Times reported that her office had declined to prosecute a man accused of physically abusing his quadriplegic wife. At the time, Mitchell said that it would be difficult to prove what happened, and that her office wouldn’t take a case if there wasn’t a likelihood that it would result in a successful prosecution. She also questioned the credibility of the woman, who had initially denied that she was being abused and then changed her story after filing for divorce.

In 2011, Mitchell’s office again faced criticism after a former Jehovah’s Witness elder was offered a plea agreement that allowed him to spend only six months in jail, which the New Times described as a “slap on the wrist.” At the time, Mitchell said that the victim’s allegations would be difficult to prove in court because he didn’t know the specific dates on which the alleged abuse took place.

I don’t know what to expect…I just want this bastard to be gone for good.

Some tweets of interest:

Eve of Battle: 09/26/2018 Cartoon by Jen Sorensen

Cartoon by Jen Sorensen - Eve of Battle

09/26/2018 Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies

Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies -

09/26/2018 Cartoon by Joe Heller

Cartoon by Joe Heller -

Bruce Plante Cartoon: Trump meets with Rosenstein: 09/26/2018 Cartoon by Bruce Plante

Cartoon by Bruce Plante - Bruce Plante Cartoon: Trump meets with Rosenstein

Bruce Plante Cartoon: New drink for Cosby: 09/25/2018 Cartoon by Bruce Plante

Cartoon by Bruce Plante - Bruce Plante Cartoon: New drink for Cosby

This is an open thread….

55 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Bully for him…all of himz….”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Woke up with a migraine so I guess my little attempt last night did not work as planned….

Oh, that last one…This exactly. Tears in my eyes.

3. RonStill4Hills says:

Do y’all remember when Kimba Woods and Zoey Baird could not be confirmed for AG BECAUSE THEIR BABYSITTERS DIDNT HAVE PAPERS! We allowed these fine brilliant jurists be passed over because they tripped up on bullshit technicalities. We fell for it.

We have this hypocritical bullshit because we keep allowing it!

We need to besiege the capital. Seriously, until this SOB is withdrawn.

They can not be allowed to ram through this Ken Starr trained partisan hack, serial liar, sexual abuser.

Enough is e-damned-nough!

I swallowed the electoral college confederate scam. I’ll shut that kept Hillary and Gore out of the oval, but at this point I am choking on it all.

We are being governed by an unaccountable cabal of christofascist white supremacists. Is anyone going to tell these bastards no???

My word for the day for these senators like Collins and Flake that say it shouldn’t happen this way is

BLOVIATE … they talk a good game but still act like partisan hacks … absolutely nothing but double standards and pearl clutching

• RonStill4Hills says:

My word for the year is “Hypnocrites.”

Those are the phony Christians who have fallen so under the spell of unfettered raw power of white nationalist populism that they are too entranced to even pay lip service to the “family values” claptrap they have plagued the rest of us with for so many years.

Woods and Baird, both nominated by a Democratic president. Superb candidates, and only a papers problem with the nannies.

The Republican president* nominee — a serial rapist blackout drunkard and the GOP say his history shouldn’t bar him from the Supreme Court. We’re living in a nightmare.

I’m exhausted.

Let’s see Kavanaugh take one. Oh, I know polygraphs are not close to 100% and can be fooled, but Kavanaugh doesn’t appear to be the type who could pass. He’s most likely to refuse anyway.

I don’t understand why his name isn’t withdrawn. Trump must be kicking and screaming even more than usual — “I won’t! I won’t! They can’t make me!”

Guess who is the biggest asshole on the planet ?

Fine Graduate of one of the Catholic prep schools down here:

Son of retired Louisiana chief justice charged with sex trafficking minor

The single-count indictment accused the younger Pascal Calogero, 59, of paying for sex with a 14-year-old girl. He is also accused of arranging other prostitution dates for the girl with men and allowing one encounter to occur at his Metairie home, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said.

My understanding is Orangeholio is having a psychotic breakdown during a presser?

• quixote says:

Well, if blacks were livestock in GW’s day, pretty much proves the point that they DO think women are livestock if they see the two cases as parallel.

12. RonStill4Hills says:

The term shit show is inadequate to describe Trumps press conference.

I can’t wait for Thursday. My Hair will be as white as Daenerys’ Hair. I’ll just be sitting here waiting for a dragon to carry me off some where.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Funny! I was just watching the Khaleesi’s “Most Bad Ass Moments” on YouTube.

I have said that Twitler is Joffrey grown up, he is also Walder Frey using his power and position to buy, cajole or coerce young women into his bed, while backstabbing his allies and humiliating and degrading his putrid off-spring.

He is literally a combination of the very worst of the worst in Westeros. ,

Ugh, Walder Frey. *shudder* King Joffrey — even worse than that — Trump would haul Sansa off and rape her after beheading her father.

Where’s Dany, Jon Snow Targaryen, and the dragons to swoop down and burn King Donald?

• RonStill4Hills says:

Unfortunately Hillary Rodham Born of House Clinton, First of Her Name was betrayed by Bernie Finger, like Ned Stark. .

Azor Ahai, the President that was promised, has yet to emerge..

• quixote says:

The whole thing. Not just the demented Dump. The media duly listening. Watching this whole emperor with no clothes garbage carry on. Could somebody tell them that the fable was not an instruction manual?

• RonStill4Hills says:

I can’t even say he is a piece of shit. I think he is just shit. Literally all the cumulative shit produced by asshole everywhere.

• Fannie says:

I want the see the re-run of him saying “I have the biggest brain ever”.

There’s a fourth accuser now and it’s from 1998.

15. Minkoff Minx says:

Someone on Facebook made a comment about the Cosby cartoon above… I wanted to share it with you as well as my response:

• Minkoff Minx says:

I don’t know who this Pam is, but I just told her to kiss my ass and have a nice day. If anyone knows her, tell her she needs to back off and not discount a victim of rapes feelings on this matter.

• Minkoff Minx says:

Now I’m really upset, having to defend myself, this is fucking Bullshit

• quixote says:

JJ, people are idiots. The twitosphere especially seems to breed sanctimonious idiots who lack reading comprehension.

To me, what you’re saying is he was/is so bad and so empty of empathy, he needs to see how it feels.

And you’re right.

Defending yourself feels infuriating, but you’re not really writing for Ms. Pam. You’re writing for the other people with better hearts and minds who read that thread and will be helped by knowing which end is up.

To me, that cartoon shows Cosby at the moment of realizing he’s about to get what he dished out. Suddenly it dawns on him that it’s not fun and games. I didn’t find the cartoon funny. I did find it cathartic.

I agree that you don’t need to defend yourself. It’s too bad this person seems to not have thought very deeply about the subject and just mouthed a platitude which didn’t fit the subject.

I also agree that rape is never funny, but the cartoon’s point was about Cosby’s realization that rape is not funny. So many people still think cartoons are supposed to be amusing, but they’ve long been used as social commentary on very serious subjects.

• Sweet Sue says:

I’m with Pam. Sorry, rape jokes are never funny.

Defending Kavanaugh, Trump laments #MeToo as ‘very dangerous’ for powerful men

Goddesses, help us find more ways to make danger for powerful men!