Wednesday Reads: Mirror, Mirror….

What’s new pussy grabber?

Now the cartoons:

08/29 Mike Luckovich: Mirror, mirror…

When John McCain drew a cartoon for Mike Luckovich:

08/29/2018 Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson

Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson -

08/23/2018 Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson

Cartoon by Signe Wilkinson -

Nick Anderson cartoon: 08/28/2018 Cartoon by Nick Anderson

Cartoon by Nick Anderson - Nick Anderson cartoon

Nick Anderson cartoon: 08/26/2018 Cartoon by Nick Anderson

Cartoon by Nick Anderson - Nick Anderson cartoon

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon: 08/29/2018 Cartoon by Clay Bennett

Cartoon by Clay Bennett - Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon: 08/28/2018 Cartoon by Clay Bennett

Cartoon by Clay Bennett - Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

Mirror News and Political Cartoons

Mirror cartoons, Mirror cartoon, funny, Mirror picture, Mirror pictures, Mirror image, Mirror images, Mirror illustration, Mirror illustrations

08/28/2018 Cartoon by Joe Heller

Cartoon by Joe Heller -

08/29/2018 Cartoon by Phil Hands

Cartoon by Phil Hands -

John McCain Drops the Mic on Trump: 08/29/2018 Cartoon by J.D. Crowe

Cartoon by J.D. Crowe - John McCain Drops the Mic on Trump

08/28/2018 Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies

Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies -

Servicemen: 08/29/2018 Cartoon by Sage Stossel

Cartoon by Sage Stossel - Servicemen

08/29/2018 Cartoon by Joel Pett

Cartoon by Joel Pett -

A History of American Immigration and Xenophobia: 08/29/2018 Cartoon by Angelo Lopez

Cartoon by Angelo Lopez - A History of American Immigration and Xenophobia

Bruce Plante Cartoon: Sen. John McCain: 08/28/2018 Cartoon by Bruce Plante

Cartoon by Bruce Plante - Bruce Plante Cartoon: Sen. John McCain

Bruce Plante Cartoon: Jeff Sessions grows: 08/26/2018 Cartoon by Bruce Plante

Cartoon by Bruce Plante - Bruce Plante Cartoon: Jeff Sessions grows

Isakson Profile in Courage: 08/28/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - Isakson Profile in Courage

Uh…but in the same breath, Isakson was against renaming the Senate office building…from the segregationist Georgian Richard Russell to John McCain.

Renaming Senate office building after McCain sparks GOP backlash | TheHill

Cartoon by John Cole -

08/23/2018 Cartoon by John Cole

Cartoon by John Cole -

08/28/2018 Cartoon by MStreeter

Cartoon by MStreeter -

This is an open thread.

49 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Mirror, Mirror….”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Ahhh, my ass hurts…I went to my first practice yesterday and my booty hurts from falling down!

Hope you all are doing ok…

Great cartoons. As usual Bagley is on point. It’s hard to laugh at them these days though–reality is too frightening.

• Enheduanna says:

The last cartoon by MStreeter isn’t even an exaggeration. He really is that whacko.

• Minkoff Minx says:

Oh B.B., I tell you, my apathy has reached the limit. It gets harder to write my threads on Sunday and Wednesday. Knowing nothing is going to remove that orange asshole from office…unless there is a change in one of the houses. And even then, is anything guaranteed?

Really good cartoon choice. They are bitingly — chillingly — sarcastic.

• joanelle says:

We Americans tend to laugh at almost everything, causing us to excuse happenings that shouldn’t be laughed off.
          The sarcasm in these comics is not lost on me but the Republicans gave us a wink and nod after Election Day. They grasped that it was no doubt not completely on the up and up, as we all did. They even knew allowing Donny to run on thier ticket was not a grand idea, but wanted to win oh soooo badly that they were willing to do anything to win, never imagining that they wouldn’t be able to control the ‘run away train.’
          Now they can’t admit the terrible thing they unleashed, and McConnell no lon

• joanelle says:

Oops, it ran away before I finished. So as I was saying, Good ole boy Mitch no longer has the sense nor the b—-ls to face the truth of the situation; consequently the land that we love, everything about it and even the international relationships we’ve worked hard to sustain are being pummeled to death.
            So laugh as we may, we still have to step up and defend that which we love be it external or excruciatingly painful as we are experiencing now.

5. RonStill4Hills says:

“Fresh off his victory in the Florida Republican gubernatorial primary, Rep. Ron DeSantis said Wednesday that voters would “monkey this up” if they elected his African-American opponent, Andrew Gillum, to be governor, immediately drawing accusations of racism.”

Really?!? Outrageous even for them.

• Enheduanna says:

I’ve never heard that expression in my life – sort of hard to say he slipped up there.

I sure hope Gillum wins.

No more dog whistles. Just a huge cacophony of sonic booms dropped every chance they get …

Who raises monsters like these?

Change is gonna come …

• RonStill4Hills says:

His spokespersons (apologists) are saying that he did not mean it that way and it is racist to even consider it racist…riiiiiiiiiight.

Oldest trick in the book. Say something offensive then act offended when offense is taken.

It is like when a kid put his finger a millimeter away form his brothers face and says “I’m not touching you, I’m not touching you.”

The best thing to do I bust him in the mouth and tell him, “You should have touched me, you’d still have a fat lip but you wouldn’t be a punk a$$ b!tch on top of it!”

Racist or not, who cares, they have to own their hearts. There behaviors is patently offensive. We can’t do anything about how they feel, but an’t let them walk away from what they do.

Absolutely right, Ron!

The first clue was the “he’s articulate” thing… then he used ‘monkey up’ which is not a thing to say anywhere I’ve ever been. Throw a monkey wrench in the works he may have gotten away with but not a damn made up use of that word.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Bernie Bros or (Ras)Putin Bros?

I give Bernie-Bots no credit for good sense but that seems dog-sh!t dumb, even for them.

He also said Gillum is “articulate,” One dog whistle and one air horn in one racist statement.

• RonStill4Hills says:

“Perform” was also questionable…especially in conjunction with monkey.

The idea of an animal trained the perform almost like a human is being evoked.

A black can be a good “performer”, but never “equal”, not really.

Desantis is a new-jack racist.

Dog-whistle is their native tongue.

6. Enheduanna says:

So tRump is telling evangelicals that if Dems take the house in November, we’re then going to unleash the anti-fa army and open up some whoopass on them.

Does that make sense to anybody?

They’re not worth the effort.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Joe Madison (whom I rarely agree with) had a good point.

Why would we go buck wild AFTER Auntie Maxine is chair of the House Judiciary Committee?

The promised violence will be Alt-Right panic.

He knows wha the is saying and he is sending the message on purpose. Vote for me or foace deplorable backlash!

10. RonStill4Hills says:

Ok, you guys have probably gathered over the years that I live in Georgia .

Well I just saw the first attack ad against Stacy Abrams.

They imply she is a tax cheat, imply she doesn’t pay her bills, imply she illegally loaned her campaign $50K, they state flat out that it was $50K that was supposed to pay her taxes…ok got the image of a dishonest, black female scam artist cheat firmly in your mind?

Now, the whole thing was presented over a pair of tap dancing black feet. I swear to God. Tap dancing. Stacy is dark skinned with natural hair. They are full on playing the minstrel card. It couldn’t be more obvious. It is beyond egregious.

They are hoping that someone will call them out and they can deny it, the base will be sh!tting themselves laughing and the MSM will do “fairness” back flips claiming that “SOME” on the left see racial overtones.

I hope that the Trumpers continue to show their true faces. They believe too hard in the Bannon doctrine, “Make them call you racist and we win….” I think MORE people are sick of racism than still believe in it. And they are so ham handed hat they are shedding supporters.

The Desantis “monkey” comment, this commercial, they are of a piece, they believe you should tease racism so you can deny it and thereby unite aggrieved white voters tired of hearing about race, you know deplorables, behind you.

Fine, but I think people are actually starting to see Twitler for the narcissistic racist fascist nutjob that he is, and I also believe that a large majority of voters chose Hills in 2016.

The age of shenanigans has to end eventually and I think it is fast approaching.

• quixote says:

God. I wonder if they’re working down to a welfare queen meme for later in the campaign? And I can’t even call them assholes because assholes are useful.

• RonStill4Hills says:

The welfare Queen analogy is unmistakable. The insinuation that she is a dishonest black woman somehow gaming the system to enrich herself is blatant. It is disgusting.

This idea of “triggering” liberals, minorities, women, with offensive speech, then backing away from it with, “Who me?” It is Alt-Right Trolling 101.

Fox’s so-called repudiation of Desantis’ “monkey” comment.

They couldn’t say “SOME CONSIDERED IT OFFENSIVE” and “HAS SINCE CLARIFIED” fast enough. The intent was to cover him, not call him out.

Their is no clarifying. Either it was out-of-bounds or it isn’t.

I am not trying to make up their minds for them. Embrace it , reject it, that is up to them. I intend to judge Fox and Desantis for myself regardless of what they say.

But a mealy-mouthed defensive disguised as a rebuke is a fresh offense in my book.

They really think people are stupid. Sad how often they are right, but in my case, I don’t claim t be smart, I might even be dumb, but I ain’t stupid.

Just when you think you’ve see the last of a Lester Maddox move …

• Sweet Sue says:

And you know who we have to thank for welfare queen-Saint Ronnie.

presented over a pair of tap dancing black feet?

WTAF? They are playing up to their deplorable base who are less than 1/3 of voters in 2016 who are approx half of all eligible voters. I hope the eligible voters who stayed home in 2016 will get their asses to the polls this November since they’ve seen what happens when they don’t.
      Stacy Abrams is beautiful. And that smile she has! It says pride, pride in working for justice, for the people — and she’s not afraid of the opposition.

Another WTF? This time about the spineless Senate Dem leader. Too bad he doesn’t have any ovaries like Pelosi.

Huh. Another one, eh?