Sunday Reads: Heartwarming Images and RIP John McCain

That there…I mean what a fucking bully…what an asshole!

(See, I say that with expression…like it deserves an exclamation point.)

Uh….let me show you what I mean:

Now, see that exclamation point? “Our hearts and prayers are with you!” That is pure tRump….

Even though prior to the death of John McCain, WaPo came out with this article:

So let’s take a look at some reactions to the death of John McCain:

And don’t forget, McCain did not want tRump at his funeral… Obama, Bush to give eulogies at McCain’s eventual funeral: report | TheHill

Meanwhile, the same old shit continues to carry on:

How Christlike, this candidate is…truly she is imbued with the power of Geezus.

tRump doesn’t know what the US flag looks like either.

Let’s go back to that first image above…perhaps the little girl was questioning tRump’s loyalty and smarts…because at the time he was coloring an American Flag…Russian:

Or is that Finland?

On the latest tRump bastard news:

Just a few more observations:

If only…that would mean Pence is gone too.

I hate this fucking state.

A couple of tweets about women’s issues:

Well, that one above has racist connotations if you ask me! <—— Yes, that is an exclamation point.

Ending with some beauty:

Have a good Sunday, this is an open thread.

17 Comments on “Sunday Reads: Heartwarming Images and RIP John McCain”

1. RonStill4Hills says:

Rest In Peace Johnnie Mack.

Prior to the 2000 challenge to Bush, McCain was my favorite Republican.

Trying to compete with Bush in the 2000 race to the bottom of Republican madness began the slow dismantling of McCain.

That said, he was still probably the best of them.

Occasionally he could not resist the pull of his own character, principles and good sense.

I liked him, I am not ashamed to say.

I won’t even speculate on what it means politically, McCain deserves more respect than that.

Despite what Il Douchebag says, he was a hero to me.

He did stand up for a few things that we’re significant including our foray into torture, not ending the ACA, and getting us the recognize Vietnam. I’m trying to appreciate those and him removing media attention from Orangeholio.

• RonStill4Hills says:

A buddy of mine says that Twitter was on fire with Repugs calling him coward and traitor. Accusing him of revealing flight patterns and other secrets.

Johnny Mack was not perfect but he was the best they had. By far.

He shamed Orangeholio b example, and therefore the MAGAts must try to destroy his legacy.

Wow. Simple humor and so representative of the time … it seems like a different era. He always captured people with distinct but universal humor.

3. Minkoff Minx says:

Mass shooting at Jacksonville Landing

My friend Vanessa

‘Nobody bats an eyelash’ as drag queens read stories to kids at Bywater library

This is my library around the corner from my house … it was so crowded you couldn’t even get into the door!

On Saturday afternoon, the Alvar Library in New Orleans was packed with gung-ho little patrons who listened to drag queens Vanessa Carr and Blazen Haven read well-known children’s books about acceptance and happiness, such as “Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses” and “Fancy Nancy.”

Parents, too, participated. As a grown character in “Fancy Nancy” showed off in front of a mirror, Haven, 27, asked, “How many moms have twirled in front of a mirror?” A few men also raised their hands. “Oh, OK. And how many dads?” she asked.

After Haven finished, Carr, 58, asked the group, “And what’s the moral of that story?” Dressed in a red ballgown and blonde wig, Carr nodded and smiled indulgently at children who got the right answer. “That’s right — ‘Be yourself.’ And don’t be afraid to wear glitter.”

Carr ended the reading with an acknowledgment of the ongoing controversy about Drag Queen Storytime in Lafayette.

“Your presence here speaks loudly to anyone who thinks that it’s terrible to see drag queens reading to children,” Carr told the crowd, which filled the small library in the Bywater neighborhood and spilled out the front door. “You guys have shown us a lot of love today, and we thank you. Now make sure you support the Alvar Library.”

In response, one mom yelled, “We love you!” and the crowd burst into applause.

“Everyone who loves it, really loves it,” said drag queen Laveau Contraire, who premiered the concept of drag queens reading stories locally last year at the Hubbell Library in Algiers.

But, as became clear recently, those who don’t love it really can’t see its appeal. In the Lafayette dust-up, which has gained national attention, Mayor Joel Robideaux said he might try to cancel the first Drag Queen Storytime, which is scheduled to be held in a public library there in October.

By contrast, the event has been embraced locally, said Caitrin Gladow, 39, who has taken her three young children to readings at Hubbell and now Alvar.

“It’s New Orleans. Nobody bats an eyelash at seeing someone in costume,” she said. “The story time is always packed in Algiers, and it was packed here today.”

Andrea O’Steen, 42, who brought her toddler daughter, was thrilled to hear about the concept. “I thought it was the best thing ever,” she said. “Who better to tell a story than someone who looks and acts over the top?”

and my friend Caitrin quoted who came with her child army!!!

• RonStill4Hills says:

Thank you, for this and for Neil Simon and Katherine Johnson. All the main stream media can process right not is McCain stories but I am glad that these people are not forgotten. .

• RonStill4Hills says:

Oops, I meant to attach this comment under the Gorge Walker post…but still. I really appreciate the inclusions of the outstanding people.