Sunday Reads: Feels like another world.

The countdown clock has come to the final week, I cannot wait for all this wedding business to be over. My mom is still bleeding internally…but she is home. She can’t wait for all this wedding stuff to be over with as well. To top it all off I’ve been saddled with a bad cold. There are strange noises coming out of me, I sound like a midget accordion…wheezing out it’s last few breaths.

So, I’m in the dark news wise, I check out Twits last night and I’m hit with a whole new language: Incel, Roasties, Chads etc.

Only to realize that my favorite character in literature….my hero of the 12 inchers, the Don Quixote of New Orleans was a preconceived epitome of what this new word being lashed at me from all points at once…. my Ignatius was an Incel!

Well, now I’m finishing this post up while I wait to see a PA at the local clinic.

First in line and there are three people behind me, that old man thinks he can sweet talk his way and skip in line? Fuck you viejo, get your flat saggy ass back where you came from.

So here are some tweets of interest:

When is this clinic going to open…geez.

I think I just saw the PA go in… that is good.

Hope y’all have a pleasant day….

I will still be here waiting. This is an open thread.

Advertisements

22 Comments on “Sunday Reads: Feels like another world.”

I watched some of Trump’s red-faced angry speech last night, and it was horrifying. But the DC media is upset about a comedian THEY invited to their idiotic function. I thought Wolf was hilarious. I look forward to watching her weekly show on Netflix.

Here’s the whole monologue.

The contrast is infuriating. The WHCD is by tradition a time for barbed wit. The attendees get told what’s basically the truth about the Trump admin, and most of them clutch pearls and fan their faces. Lots of outrage about the comedian, yet none for the clown in the Whitehouse who insults the disabled, the poor, the brown- or black- or red- or yellow-skinned, women, persons who did what his current wife and his own grandfather and all non-First Nations persons did — immigrate to the U.S. Who thinks nazis marching and running over non-threatening protestors are “good people,” who thinks spending 30% of his time golfing is “hard work,” and who cuddles up to Putin.

“First thing we do, we kill all the journalists.” is what Shakespeare would have written in these days.

2. quixote says:

Long ago there was a song about some poor souls stuck in the Boston public transport system. All I remember is the chorus, but I remember it often:

They never returned, oh they never returned
    And their fate is still unknown
    They may ride forever ‘neath the streets of Boston
    They’re the ones who never returned

(Something like that.)

Anyway, I’m seeing you waiting in the waiting room, in an infinite loop ………

Nooooooooooooooo. Come back, JJ!

3. quixote says:

About those turds, they don’t want sex. They don’t want women. They hate women.

They want other men to acknowledge the status that’s supposed to happen after dumping cum into females.

Women are just furniture in their world. Everybody needs to stop using their words for themselves! When we do, we’re in their world. (We did that with “pro-lifers.” How’d that work out for us?)

They’re womanhaters and terrorists with an overwhelming sense of inadequacy. So they want the Olympic class Man Card to make up for it.

Once you translate their rants into the language of power and status and man cards, they’re consistent. If you take their word for it that they’re talking about sex, they make zero sense.

• quixote says:

(I should mention I mean “we” people, not we Skydancers, or we women, or some other subset.)

• jay says:

you have so nailed it. Where they got this stupid slant on life is my question.

Women are just furniture in their world

Yep. They don’t really want sex — they want power and they only want it if it’s power over someone else.

As far as “pro-lifers” I always call them “pro-forced-labor” or “pro-incubator,” or sometimes PLUBs.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Jerk-offs is what they used to be called and jerk-offs is what they are. A huge, empty, non-productive, self-absorbed, self-loathing, waste of time.

Happy Birthday Pat if you’re out there today!

Uh-oh. Orange Caligula is going to tweet something highly flammable. He’s not going to want to vow to anything except his bloated self.

6. Sweet Sue says:

Michelle Wolf is my hero. I can’t remember the last time I laughed that long and that hard. I just wish she’d included a “but her emails” joke.