Wednesday Reads: OJ did it…why can’t tRump?

I don’t know why…but this post above from early this morning had me laughing, like the shit was really about to hit the fan.

If any of you watched Maddow last night, you may have seen the foreshadowing. Just why certain actions…and letters of request for key promises from attorney generals, specifically…the DOJ line of succession. Starting with Rod Rosenstein down the top five in the Department of Justice….Senate Democrats ask DoJ officials to protect Mueller from Trump  That link will take you to the video segment. It is too good for you to miss it.

At the end of that segment, Maddow ask why now? Well, I guess maybe this could be the answer:

That will take you to the actual docs filled with the court…

I just want to post a few more tweets, on various outrageous shit:

And tell me, what the fuck is this shit?

Now the cartoons, did you forget today was Wednesday?

WILL WORK FOR FOOD: 03/28/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Post-Facebook privacy breakthrough: 03/28/2018 Cartoon by Jen Sorensen

Cartoon by Jen Sorensen - Post-Facebook privacy breakthrough

John Bolton: 03/27/2018 Cartoon by Adam Zyglis

Cartoon by Adam Zyglis - John Bolton

Kids March/Cranky NRA: 03/27/2018 Cartoon by J.D. Crowe

Cartoon by J.D. Crowe - Kids March/Cranky NRA

And then there is this shit:

03/27/2018 Cartoon by Nate Beeler

Cartoon by Nate Beeler -

I only put this one up to show how awful the right can be…this is from a right leaning cartoonist.

03/27/2018 Cartoon by Matt Wuerker

Cartoon by Matt Wuerker -

And with that, I will end this thread…it is open of course.

I wanted to share some pictures from yesterday, we went to Asheville and meet my Aunt Celeste for lunch. This is an artsy fartsy district and some pictures of a haunted bridge and cemetery.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

27 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: OJ did it…why can’t tRump?”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Hope everyone is ok, I am going back to bed for a little bit…

That’s a great thread by Berman on the whole terrible and unConstitutional citizenship question. Trump thinks the “person” mentioned in the Constitution = American citizen. Everyone else is just a piece of shit to him.

Thanks for the wonderful slide show!

4. Pat Johnson says:

So far it appears that only Barron Trump did not have contacts with the Russians during his father’s campaign. Everybody else had them on Speed Dial!

When will the Mueller report finally find its way into the public square? It is pretty clear a quid pro quo status was evolving between Trump and the Russians: elect me, I lift sanctions. We make billions and Jared’s family can breathe easily. That’s what families are for!

This is a criminal administration without doubt. The Russians stole their billions from the Russian people and “washed it” through US contacts that broke the the law to get their greedy hands on the money. Hello Trump!!

Mueller needs to speed this up.

• Enheduanna says:

Pat, I hope the speculation is correct and Mueller is about to bring collusion charges. It certainly is odd so many are rushing to Mueller’s defense at this particular time. And the evidence surrounding Gate’s seems to be solid.

JJ, check this out!!

Trump’s legal team elevates Andrew Ekonomou, little-known Atlanta attorney
    The former prosecutor with a background in medieval history will play a more significant role on the team handling Mueller probe matters.

• Minkoff Minx says:

I saw that early this morning. The tweet I had viewed was making fun of his choice of degree. That bothered me, hey I am sure his skills at being a lawyer…especially his judgment is fucked…but don’t criticize him for being a medieval history major.

Now, I’m not defending anything about this dude personally. Just the fact that the press are knocking medieval historians, or those of us with degrees in medieval history. lol

There’s nothing wrong with it. He just isn’t a criminal lawyer.

It’s the absolute power of kings in medieval times that he likes. And probably torture and the Inquisition.

Frankly I find medieval history fascinating, especially the cultural aspects including women’s and the common people’s history.

• Pilgrim says:

Also has been counsel for “Jews for Jesus” organization. He’ll fit right in.

7. quixote says:

And now apparently in the NYT: Dowd, Dumpie’s former lawyer, discussed pardons with Flynn and Manafort if they didn’t remember anything when they talked to Mueller. (That’s me being blunt, not the NYT actual headline.)

As Pat says, as we all say, MUELLER, HURRY UP!

Shit, shit, shit.

“penile-extender toys”

“If you cheat on a test, you fail. If you dope in the Olympics, you lose your medal.” If you cheat in an election …

Speaking of medieval history: