Sunday Reads: The “Twits” are strong with this “Orange” dickhead.

The image above is from the Instagram of one of the survivors from the Valentine’s Day murders at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. It is just one of the victim reactions to the killings…another has been the vocal call outs and public outcries from many MSDHS students. They are not taking the “thoughts and prayers” bullshit. They want action. Take a look at what these brave student survivors are doing to stand up for their murdered friends and fellow children nationwide.

As many have pointed out, the out spoken nature of this reaction is different from the mass murders of before. Perhaps because the media is actually paying attention to them?

I don’t know. But as you can see, tRump has been busy this morning:

Fucking hell…

Parkland students are fighting back…

I only want you to realize that this is the world we live in….

And this is the pretender to the throne, the president that we have to serve as protector in chief:

This is an open thread…

Advertisements

33 Comments on “Sunday Reads: The “Twits” are strong with this “Orange” dickhead.”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Good day to you all…hope everyone is feeling better…we have flu at my house. It stinks.

Oh no. Sorry to hear this. Can you get the Tamiflu Rx? And I worry about your mom. I hope it won’t be too bad and you’ll all recover soon.

• Minkoff Minx says:

Bebe was on that, de ended up in the ER on Wednesday night. The ER put her on Keflex. Back at doctors Friday, they put her in arithro something or other. She is still is sick. And she had the flu shot. We all are just hoping that the rest of us, especially my mom, doesn’t get sick.

Antibiotics — so it must be a bacterial infection instead of the flu. Well, you can certainly get a bacterial illness after getting clobbered by the flu. So many people getting sick all over. I’m sure you’re doing handwashing, fluids and all that, and I really hope your mom won’t get anything. If the chemo isn’t giving her too many side effects that’s a good sign. And really good that she had her flu shot.

I’m amazed you could do a post with all that going on.

I think I might have the flu. It came on suddenly last night with a bad sore throat and I have lots more symptoms now. I had a flu shot. I hope it’s just a cold, but it feels like flu. Ugh.

Urgh, sounds horribly uncomfortable. The flu shot still offers some resistance even though it’s not an exact match for the most common type of flu going around. I’m sure you know the fluids and anti-pyretics routine, but don’t hesitate to call your doctor or go to urgent care/ER if things get worse.

Thanks.

• jackyt says:

Fever is our immune system’s bug killer … unless it spikes, it’s better to let it run its course.

• quixote says:

It depends a lot on how old, young, or how capable your immune system is. BB and I are both in the not-spring-chickens group, and for us it can be a good idea to hold fevers down to a dull roar.

And I hope you feel better soon, BB! And Minx’s family! That sounds really nasty.

Thanks, Quixote. I fell asleep for awhile. I don’t think I have a fever.

I just saw some news. Rick Gates has agreed to testify against Manifort and Trump is going to have a “listening session” with Douglas HS students. I’ll look for links.

You make a very good point, if the fever’s not too high, and your immune system (which unfortunately weakens as we get older) is strong. For an older adults I’d consider lowering the fever if it gets above 102. Though older people don’t always produce a fever response to influenza or other infections.

Really good collection of news & tweets today, JJ!

3. Pat Johnson says:

-You throw a Studio 54 party just days after a school massacre?
    -You are pictured grinning with a thumbs up pose next to a student recovering from gun wounds?
    -You send out a series of ridiculous tweets blaming everybody but the availability of assault weapons?
    -You are on a 3 day vacation – again! – but refuse to sit for a press conference?
    -Your White House staff is working without security clearance?

You are an idiot! A moron! A stupid empty vessel! An adulterer! A soulless puppet! A traitor to your country! An ignorant blob of human tissue and excrement that daily stains the office of the President of the U.S.!

You are the biggest asshole on the planet! You are an abomination!

I don’t know how much more of this garbage I can take.

• joanelle says:

What Pat said!

He’s clearly mentally unstable and clearly there has to be something wrong with the rest of the Rs – what people in their right mind would support that ’empty vessel?’

Top U.S. officials tell the world to ignore Trump’s tweets

Amid global anxiety about President Trump’s approach to world affairs, U.S. officials had a message to a gathering of Europe’s foreign policy elite this weekend: pay no attention to the man tweeting behind the curtain.

One diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity to avoid provoking Trump, asked whether policymakers like McMaster who adhere largely to traditional U.S. foreign policy positions were falling into the same trap as Germany’s elite during Hitler’s rise, when they continued to serve in government in the name of protecting their nation.

The answer, the diplomat said, might be found following “nuclear war,” which he feared could be provoked by Trump administration’s hawkish approach to North Korea.

Those last 2 paragraphs are chilling, though they aren’t anything we haven’t been thinking already.

and he’s having a complete meltdown on twitter …

• Pat Johnson says:

I remember when electing a president meant the candidate have only one wife, went to church, appeared truthful.

Adlai Stevenson was dismissed for having been divorced and not having remarried.

Thomas Eggleton had to retract his vice presidential nomination because he had suffered from depression.

Kennedy had to overcome Catholicism and convince people the pope would not sit at his right hand.

Nixon had to convince people that his wife wore cloth coats.

Poor Howard Dean lost his bid due to an over exuberance response to a primary win.

Reagan was “forgiven” for having been divorced.

Barack Obama had to rebuke his radical pastor for criticizing the US.

Now with Trump anything goes. No tax returns. Umpteen lawsuits vs his business. Adultery. Vile language. Praise of dictators. Ignorance. Wasting taxpayers money on trips. Insults. Security breaches. Nuclear threats. Lies, lies, lies.

I guess that old adage that “anybody can be president of the US” has unfolded full scale.

Now it’s snowing here! 25 degrees F tonight, 24 tomorrow night. That is cold for Seattle, even for this time of year. Fortunately less than an inch is predicted. It’s icy roads that I’m more concerned about.

Be careful. Do you have to go out?

I may go for a walk since it’s sunny now! Rare for February here. I’ll put on some windproof down layers and carry those little city shoe-cleats on stretch straps that you can put on over shoes. Fortunately the grocery store is only a few blocks from me.

LA Times: Former Trump aide Rick Gates to plead guilty; agrees to testify against Manafort, sources say

Former Trump aide Richard Gates to plead guilty; agrees to testify against Manafort, sources say