Wednesday Reads: Need a Laugh

Mickey, down and out.
by notalkingplz
Click on picture for link to website.

Yeah, that image above is perfect. That about puts my family’s emotional state on display, “Fuck it all  Man.” My mom’s cancer is back and if you remember, surgery was not an option because of her blood issues and problems with anti-bodies…and chemotherapy was difficult because she could not tolerate the medicine cocktail that was used. Next week she begins a new chemo treatment, with a different drug concoction. We will see if she can handle these medications. But they are supposed to cause sores on the bottoms of her feet and palms of her hands. It is all very upsetting. Fuck it all…man.

Hopefully I can find some funny cartoons today…let’s see what we got?

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon: 01/10/2018 Cartoon by Clay Bennett

Cartoon by Clay Bennett - Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

Clay Bennett editorial cartoon: 01/09/2018 Cartoon by Clay Bennett

Cartoon by Clay Bennett - Clay Bennett editorial cartoon

Good Dog: 01/10/2018 Cartoon by Paul Fell

Cartoon by Paul Fell - Good Dog

OFFSHORE DRILLING: 01/10/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - OFFSHORE DRILLING

01/09/2018 Cartoon by David Horsey

Cartoon by David Horsey -

like, smart………: 01/09/2018 Cartoon by Deb Milbrath

Cartoon by Deb Milbrath - like, smart.........

01/10/2018 Cartoon by David Horsey

Cartoon by David Horsey -

01/05/2018 Cartoon by David Horsey

Cartoon by David Horsey -

01/09 Mike Luckovich: Lucky audience. | Mike Luckovich

12/29 Mike Luckovich: Flying media monkeys | Mike Luckovich

01/09/2018 Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies

Cartoon by Jimmy Margulies -

I thought you would find these interesting…comics from the other side, cough…cough. Uh, I get it that there is that 30ish% of people who will never turn against their “dear leader” but at what point do these media and editorial news outlets/artist realize that the propaganda they spin is beyond any sane person’s belief.

For example:

01/10 Mike Luckovich. Nash nail And thumb. | Mike Luckovich

This is an open thread…

#EmpowerDaughters
#EngageDialogue
#EndChildMarriage

Advertisements

64 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Need a Laugh”

1. Minkoff Minx says:

Hope y’all have a decent day today…

• Minkoff Minx says:

And how are our California Sky Dancers doing? What a mess out there?

Mudslides from what I hear from relatives there. Heavy rain on land with no vegetation to help absorb the rain or reduce the flow.

• Fannie says:

Very sad, many of those families refused to leave, regardless it breaks my heart. And not much coverage, it’s all about the Orange void.

• Fannie says:

Just know I am reaching out, my arms around you, and hope your Mom does well, and your energy is high to deal with it again! Love you, and pace yourself JJ.

• Joanelle says:

Fannie, I’ve heard from some who said they really didn’t have much warning and never told they were in danger, it lol jut happened o quickly for many.
          I’m sure there were some who just ignored warnings.

Mike’s blog on Crooks and Liar’s linked to your Sunday Reads. We got a nice compliment too!!

“Sky Dancing is always worth the click; Sunday’s aggregation was no different.”

That’s fantastic! And of course has long been true.

Congratulations, JJ! They posted one of mine recently, and I was thrilled. Plus they get us clicks.

• Minkoff Minx says:

Yeah BB, “Sky Dancing goes long on Franken’s resignation; it’s a terrific round-up.” I just looked your’s up…

Dak, thank you for finding that, it means so much to me…to get recognition when I am writing a blog post that is following one of those awesome threads written by you and Ann. So often I feel like my post are marginal at best. Glad that the blog is getting read, because you both have such damn good things to put out there. Seriously…like, for real and shit. lol

• quixote says:

Don’t sell youself short, Minx. Your writing and the links and ideas you pull together and the ‘toons are right up there with the best of them.

So sorry to hear about your mum. I hope things are as easy as possible for her and that the new drugs are useful!

BB, How many times to I have to tell you how smart and creative you are? I look forward to all your posts.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Skydancing Rocks.

Have to confess that it took me a while to get the Box of Rocks comic!

The other side cartoons are … astonishingly out of touch with reality. Or maybe that should be ‘not surprisingly.’

2. Enheduanna says:

JJ – I hope your Mom does well on the new therapy. It’d be nice if someday they could come up with a way to lessen the side effects but I guess Big Pharma profits aren’t big enough for them to research that yet…

Great toons – I LOL at the box of rocks and love the last one, too. Have they done a bad lip-reading of him on the anthem yet? lolololol

I thought this was interesting – Melissa McEwan’s theory of the “inside source” in the GPS Fusion doc is……Pence:

3. Sweet Sue says:

I’m so sorry that your mom is sick and hope that she tolerates the new regimen. It really sucks when the cure makes you feel sicker than the disease. Best wishes and blessings to you, your mom and family.

4. Nilzeitung says:

toll !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just do not get why people don’t want some one with some experience in government. It drives me nuts that we can’t see that some kind of experience in a public capacity and the ability to move legislation through might be worthwhile

I’m hanging in there for President Kamala frankly.

• I suspect it is a societal addiction to being entertained every moment of every day, fostered by perpetual connectivity … but what do I know!

• Enheduanna says:

In addition the idea that business is a great background for the public sector has been seriously floated for so long.

It isn’t even that great for most businesses.

Agree — the way most businesses are run it’s surprising they make money at all with the inefficiency and waste of management and their policies. But that’s one reason they stiff their employees (and often consumers).

I also do not get why many people consider the presidency a celebrity popularity contest. I don’t care if POTUS is someone I’d like to have a beer or glass of wine with. I want her/him to be a smart, compassionate, experienced politician.

• Catscatscats says:

Totally agree, Luna, but it is not just the voters, it is the parties too. Remember when the DNC marketed Obama like he was the prez of our dreams and we had to have him because he just made us feel so damn good about ourselves? He wasn’t selected for his experience or his accomplishments and it worked beautifully. Dump was a runaway train and a TV personality that the GOP didn’t take seroiusly. They never should have let him into the primary if they truly cared about their brand. Turns out that all the GOP really cares about is the win, their donors, total control of the government and of course the benjamins. The word “puppet” also comes to mind.

The other night Joy was sitting in for Hayes and asked Michael Steele and a Dem contributor, whose name I didn’t get, about Oprah. Joy wanted to know why dump was acceptable but Oprah wasn’t (the obvious answer was she was a black woman and he was a white man). But to their credit, both guests said that a prez candidate MUST have government experience and that both parties needed to focus on their pipelines, both with respect to grooming/mentoring the women in the pipelines now and also attracting more women to run. They made perfect sense to me, but i am old and sparkly things give me a headache…

“We” on Obama? Some of us never dreamed about him. We wanted the woman who even back then was “overprepared.” Agree that parties like sparkly. I hope that for 2020 the Dems realize experience beats sparkly at running a country.

Obama wasn’t experienced enough, but at least he had been a state legislator with 2 years in the senate. Still he had a steep learning curve.

• Catscatscats says:

Sorry, Luna, wrong pronoun, should have used “they.” He never gave me a tingle or a thrill either . BB if memory serves, he pretty much sat on his ass as both a state and US senator. I don’t recall him doing much as an editor of the law review, a community organizer, an attorney, a constitutional law professor or an author (of at least one of his books) either.

I remember when he said early in his candidacy that he’d vote against the renewal of that act enabling telecomm companies to snoop on us. Well, came around time for the vote and he voted … for it. Hillary voted against. The Obots fell over themselves trying to explain the 11th-dimensional chess Obama was playing.

• jane says:

At our state caucus back then 2008, when I said I preferred Hillary to Obama because of her experience, a few people did the facepalm and shook their heads at me like I was crazy to want someone with a little experience. Got to face the fact that misogyny is alive in both parties.

I still have near-nightmares from my 2008 caucus. I recall saying “One reason I don’t care for Obama is that his energy policy includes nuclear power plants.” The Obot responded “But he’s for transparency in government!” I kid you not.

• palhart says:

I may be too late with my comment, but I remember watching Hillary at the Senate podium explaining that her vote for going to war with Saddam Hussein was dependent on finding WMD. Of course, opponents ran with accusing her of “being for the war” which Obama in an undated video claimed he was against the war. He should have waited to run after her two terms.

BREAKING: GOP Rep. Darrell Issa of California will not seek re-election in 2018, @NBCNews confirms, according to sources familiar with his decision!!

• Enheduanna says:

That’s tragic – I love bats although I once freaked out when a little bat attached itself to the screen part of my storm door from the carport to the house. He freaked out a UPS delivery person, too – my package was tossed halfway across the carport.

• Catscatscats says:

Recalled hearing this before so i googled it. Thousands died due to heat both last year and in 2014. Not sure about the intervening years but last year people were trying to cool them off to save them. Another chinese hoax no doubt. Bats are such beneficial creatures, we can’t afford to lose them like this.

Well, well, well ….

• quixote says:

Well, good! There’s that whole mysterious Trump server Alfa Bank and routing messages through Kazakhstan crap that should have had attention from the start.

(Btw, Luna, commented in last post: would love to meet up! Contact page on molvray.com/acidtest if that’s useful.)

8. Enheduanna says:

You’ve probably seen this already:

I can’t stand to listen to tRump so I won’t be listening to the SOTU address. The pictures should be good!

I loved the cartoon about the baby books. Where does that Branco right wing guy come from?