Sunday Reads: Trying to disappear into the void…

After the Senate passed that monstrous #TaxScamBill , I needed to evaporate into myself…if that is even possible. From the moment I saw a tweet saying it was a done deal, I put away the phone. I have not turned on my laptop. I haven’t even watched the news channels. In fact, I was awake the last 24 hours watching old episodes of How to Get Away With Murder. (Seriously, if that is not evaporating into the void, I don’t know what else is.)

Today, it is 3:30…and I wake up to find out more shit has hit the fan. tRump has gone on a Twitter tirade, but even on MSNBC, the tone is strange. Like…it is never gonna happen. tRump is never going to go down. Honestly.  Will we ever learn?

I will just highlight a few tweets from today:

And then there is this:

Operative Offered Trump Campaign ‘Kremlin Connection’ Using N.R.A. Ties – The New York Times

I am going back to my Netflix feed.

This is an open thread.

Advertisements

11 Comments on “Sunday Reads: Trying to disappear into the void…”

1. Enheduanna says:

JJ – I am right with you – it was so depressing to see that thing pass. My only hope is the incredible incompetence of the House will sink it in conference.

And we can take solace Orrin Hatch is retiring – what a monster. Did he send that vile tweet right after he left church today?

JJ, I understand. I’ve been continuing my binge-reading of fantasy novels and otherwise keeping myself from thinking too much about current politics — except to realize I have a central part of me which will never give up. I will need breaks from time to time to heal and mend — we all need breaks — but then will get back in the trenches fight/resist/endure.

• Enheduanna says:

Awesome.

I feel very much the same – I just can’t give up. If millennials show up next year no amount of election tampering will overcome the results.

• quixote says:

Cool! She and New Zealand’s Jacinda Ardern even look similar. 😀

Obviously I looove New Zealand, but if I had a snowball’s chance of learning Icelandic (it’s a requirement for residency :shock:) that would be a tough choice.

(As a 3rd gen refugee, the current situation has me reflexively mapping out bolt holes.)

4. Enheduanna says:

JJ – this year’s only supermoon is rising now – and it’s spectacular. Supermoons are full moons at perigee – just beautiful. There will be two more in January.

Trump is going to go down, and the tax bill is not a “done deal.” They still have to agree on a compromise between the Senate and House version and then they have to vote again. It’s not over. Call your reps!

My Senators & Rep and strong Democrats. Maybe I’ll call some red-state Congresscritters up for re-election in 2018 to tell them I’ll donate to their opponents if they vote for this travesty.

• Enheduanna says:

I’m hopeful the tea partiers will do what they do best – shoot themselves in the foot.