Wednesday Reads: Good Morning From Hell

Good Morning…From Hell

It may be repetitive, sure…but fucking hell!

Sticking with sarcastic Tweets that have a lovely truthful bite about them:

tRump is non stop today:

I guest that explains this:

There is a desperation in the orange asshole’s tweets this morning. Something big must be about to happen…

Now, a few Cartoons:

Herstory repeats itself 😔 . . . #funkyfeminist #girlpower #femmeaintfrail #futureisfemale #fearofafemaleplanet #female #femaleempowerment #feminine #empowered #knowledge #feminist #feminism #empowerment #women #womensrights #equalrights #equality #love #loveyourself #beauty #positivity

A post shared by Funky Feminist (@funky_feminist) on

This is an open thread.

Advertisements

46 Comments on “Wednesday Reads: Good Morning From Hell”

1. Enheduanna says:

Happy Wednesday JJ! We’ve got major fog in ATL this morning – but it’s so warm!

The cray-cray is strong this morning, yes? There must be something really big about to drop on Russia-gate. Either that or the Flynn thing is eating him up alive.

Here you go … something to make us shiny happy people

4. Pat Johnson says:

I hate and despise the GOP and all that it stands for. Americans need to get out there in droves come 2018 and rid this nation of the blight that is the Republican Party.

They are tolerating a psychopath in the Oval Office for the chance to award the 1% huge tax cuts at the expense of the little guy who will suffer the most.

If the Dems are unable to rid this country of these thieves in 2018 we may as well claim defeat and brace ourselves for a generation of hurt.

How much more can we withstand before what little is left disappears altogether?

• Fannie says:

What really gets to me, is knowing that he is taking actions every damn day to make Americans distrust our government. We will have a long list of repairs, and it will take time. It’s horrible to think how long and how we are going regain the trust of other countries. We may never see it happen, but we will see the effort to do so! Well I hope.

5. Enheduanna says:

Just got back from running errands – NPR is reporting Garrison Keillor is out based on his bad behavior!

The whole Matt Lauer thing pisses me off in a huge way. I’ll never forget what he did to Hillary at that Commander in Chief Forum during the election campaign. FK him.

• quixote says:

Good lord. Garrison Keillor. And then, instead of learning from Al Franken, he doubles down and says there wouldn’t be any flirting if this whole anti-sexual harassment thing goes too far.

Garrison? That kind of “flirting” has been welcome to nobody. Ever.

• Enheduanna says:

I’m pretty sure the human race will keep flirting.

What strikes me about all these men is they seem to have issues attracting women or being attractive to women. Had they been respectful and truly admiring of women, they wouldn’t have had a problem. Women can spot the sleazeballs a mile away.

Exactly. Though for some women it takes a bit of experience, and girls need to not be socialized that a man’s attention is always a compliment. grrr.

• purplefinn says:

“A world in which there is no sexual harassment at all is a world in which there will not be any flirtation.”

I am surprised that he equates sexual harassment with flirting. I didn’t think he was that obtuse. Naive of me.

Apparently NPR has an outside law team investigating. In the meantime, Keillor does some whataboutism and attempted cutesy excuses.

“I put my hand on a woman’s bare back,” he wrote. “I meant to pat her back after she told me about her unhappiness and her shirt was open and my hand went up it about six inches. She recoiled. I apologized. I sent her an email of apology later and she replied that she had forgiven me and not to think about it. We were friends. We continued to be friendly right up until her lawyer called.”

He added: “If I had a dollar for every woman who asked to take a selfie with me and who slipped an arm around me and let it drift down below the beltline, I’d have at least a hundred dollars. So this is poetic irony of a high order. But I’m just fine. I had a good long run and am grateful for it and for everything else.”

• Fannie says:

It was like reliving the nightmare. Only one woman was moderator with Anderson Cooper………..all the others were men. Never forget how he went on and on about her emails.

The Rethugs aren’t bothered by Moore with his predation on underage girls nor Trump’s own admissions of his sexual abuse and adultery. Will they even care if the Russian “pee-pee” tape gets out? I don’t think they’ll care as long as they can get their sadistic proposals passed. Trump’s deplorables certainly won’t care.

• Enheduanna says:

I can’t imagine a tape, if it exists, would offer proof of anything as easily as those things are faked now. Could it even be aired on TV?

The sad part about the deplorables is they’re too stupid to understand how bad this tax bill is for them.

• quixote says:

Apparently the big dividing issue the polling shows is that Jones loses support because he’s pro-choice.

The mole people who don’t gaf what Moore has done support him because he’s all-in for forced pregnancy.

The mind. It reels. And falls over and lies on the floor in an inert porridge.

• Catscatscats says:

I couldn’t care less about a pee tape, unless it involved children or animals and then i would want his head (the smaller of the two). I want proof of conspiracy with a foreign enemy to undermine our democratic process as well as money-laundering, fraud, tax evasion, and sanctions and emoluments violations. I want him and his spawn (and the spouse of his first female spawn) in jail and broke. And then i want his election declared illegitimate, anything he has signed nullified and anyone he has nominated/appointed thrown out. Let the Constitutional crisis begin, this has gone way, way, way too far.

I know. This is getting ridiculous. Our institutions are being decimated and this tax bill, if it passes, just blows up every social contract we have with each other.

• RonStill4Hills says:

Pee tape goes to blackmail…if it exists. May not be nothing even if it is consenting adults.

Putin owns him that is clear enough. This could help show how he got him.

JJ, great ‘toons and tweets of sarcasm!

Well, duh.

Prehistoric women had extremely strong arms from a life of manual labor

Modern humans have historically skinny bones. Our skeletons reflect a departure from the labors of hunting and gathering. (Speeding to McDonald’s in search of novelty chicken nugget sauce doesn’t count.) Anthropologists looking backward in time have found that, in contrast with our well-rested skeletons, prehistoric leg and arm bones were thicker. Human bones, once built up with exertion, began to shrink after the shift to agriculture.

Yet the bulk of research pairing past behavior to bones has focused on male limbs. “There has been little work done yet, and what does exist has focused on men largely because the relationship between behavior and bone is a bit less complex in men than in women,” said Alison Macintosh, who studies skeletal biomechanics at the University of Cambridge’s anthropology department. Women’s bones work double duty: They not only need to be strong, she pointed out, but the bones also store minerals that are used during pregnancy and lactation.

Cross sections of the tibia, the lower leg bone, revealed that modern runners and soccer players had the most strain in their legs. The average modern woman’s shin bones were like that of the prehistoric women.

Neolithic, Bronze and Iron Age women, though, had pronounced effects of strain in their upper arm bones, the humerus. Even members of female crew teams couldn’t quite compare.

9. Minkoff Minx says:

Variety has the story on Lauer

Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women (EXCLUSIVE)

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.

• Enheduanna says:

I never watched Today so wasn’t aware of who Ann Curry is and what he did to her career. On top of what he did to Hillary – wow – steam is just blowing out of my ears.

Sounds to me like a lot of those good old boys at NBC need to retire.

He’s an asshole. He had a talk show in Boston back in the ’90s, and it was obvious even then. I could never stand to watch him.

• purplefinn says:

He always struck me as the consummate frat boy – interested in popularity and basically shallow. He was definitely a shill for NBC – not a journalist.

Read it. Suddenly, these interviews and his constant attacks on HRC are in a whole ‘nother light …

That Turkish gold trader who flipped is testifying today.

The Daily Beast: Crook Claims Rudy Giuliani and Michael Mukasey Tried to Broker U.S.-Turkey Prisoner Swap

Trump Falls Flat On His Face By Attacking The Wrong Theresa May On Twitter
    By Sean Colarossi on Wed, Nov 29th, 2017 at 8:30 pm
    This petty attack on one of our closest allies was embarrassing enough. But he solidified his image as the laughingstock of the world by inadvertently attacking a private citizen instead.

he can’t even use twitter correctly

Rubio: Offset Tax Cuts By Reducing Social Security, Medicare Benefits

Tax reform is only one piece of the overall puzzle needed to revitalize the American economy, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) told a group of Washington, D.C., lobbyists and policy analysts this morning at a Politico Playbook Interview sponsored by the Financial Services Institute. The other part? Reduce the deficit and offset the cost of the reform, which the Congressional Budget Office estimates at $1.3 trillion.

“I analyze this very differently than most,” Rubio told the crowd. “Many argue that you can’t cut taxes because it will drive up the deficit. But we have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future,” the senator said.

Hell’s too good for them all.

• quixote says:

OMG. Marco “I’m Wearing Underpants For a Hat As A Fashion Statement” Rubio must have missed the memo ordering everyone to keep their lips zipped until after the tax scam passed.

Why don’t they choke on their pretzel logic? They make me wish they’d starve to death in their old age.

13. RonStill4Hills says:

One of my friends showed me something she got on Facebook, they were attacking Laurer as a Hillary loving liberal hypocrit.

I was stunned. Matt Laurer is not one of ours!

They’re dragging us over the cliff with them.

I’m a Depression historian. The GOP tax bill is straight out of 1929.

Republicans are again sprinting toward an economic cliff.

Yet the plain fact that the trickle-down approach has never worked leaves Republicans unfazed.